Demon Chas08

The Quest For A New Network

Demon Chas08    295

Story so far....

*There are talks between Cerone and the CW in the wake of Amell, Sheppard,(Jim) Beaver, Morgan and Shatner offering their support and offering to guest star on the show.

*Everyone on Twitter, myself included have been taking to the phones to call and email other networks to look into picki g up the show. So far Syfy has spoke to one of the troops and said they'll look into it if things with the CW dont pan out beyond the discussions.

• Upvote 2

Speedblazer    141

KEEP. CW. AWAY.

CW is way too teen drama driven to be able to do Constantine justice. Look at Supernatural. Despite the gore and macho stuff, it's written to appeal to a younger teen demographic, while Constantine is more towards a mature comic book demographic. I don't see Constantine fitting well with CW because I feel it would be toned down with its style and clash with the other shows.

• Upvote 1

A. Heathen    1,120

I don't really see your american TV stations' problem.

It's all demographics this, nilsen's that.

I have a handful of their shows that I have liked, none of them teen.

Smallville was ace, does that count?

Reaper. Ace.

currently iZombie is young audience, for sure, but eminently enjoyable.

I thought their attempt at the Tomorrow People was better than many such updates, but nothing to write home about.

End of the day, it's up to the show's producers.

KEEP. CW. AWAY.

CW is way too teen drama driven to be able to do Constantine justice. Look at Supernatural. Despite the gore and macho stuff, it's written to appeal to a younger teen demographic, while Constantine is more towards a mature comic book demographic. I don't see Constantine fitting well with CW because I feel it would be toned down with its style and clash with the other shows.

mature comic book demographic is a very small one ,unfortunately.it's probably why they opted for constantine instead of hellblazer

yea, i was wondering what happened with syfy. they wanted to rename it " hellblazer " , which i think is something they should do. or atleast " john constantine : hellblazer " .

and actually,that could work.it's syfy.

though it seems a little weird to call the clean version hellblazer.idk. they should probably let syfy grab it

Speedblazer    141

Reaper. Ace.

I thought their attempt at the Tomorrow People was better than many such updates, but nothing to write home about.

I can't help but feel the shows on there are more teen orientated. Compared to Constantine in my opinion.

But I guess the real issue I have with Constantine being on CW is Supernatural.

Demon Chas08    295

Reaper. Ace.

Oh, Reaper.... :-( It was too good for this bastard world

Demon Chas08    295

Reaper. Ace.

I can't help but feel the shows on there are more teen orientated. Compared to Constantine in my opinion.

But I guess the real issue I have with Constantine being on CW is Supernatural.

Yeah and SPN been disappeared up its own backside in increased fan service (like the 200 episode, that fourth wall episode and Felicia Day) & beating the dead horse that is the same old plots to dust since they greenlit season six. Like, Bones, it'll either continue until either star finally says "FUCK IT!" finds itself going the way of Hart of Dixie since its ratings aren't what they used to be
  • Downvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

yea, i was wondering what happened with syfy. they wanted to rename it " hellblazer " , which i think is something they should do. or atleast " john constantine : hellblazer " .

though it seems a little weird to call the clean version hellblazer.idk. they should probably let syfy grab it

I wouldn't call ass shots in Ascension or the TV-MA Almighty Johnsons clean.

I wouldn't call ass shots in Ascension or the TV-MA Almighty Johnsons clean.

oh I know,i'm just referring to constantine vs hellblazer

slinker    893

Honestly, as long as it gets picked up, I have faith that the show's writers and producers will learn a thing or two from having their heads on the chopping block and make the show more appealing to old and new fans alike, no matter what network they wind up on. I think AMC would be ideal, buuuuuuttttt.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

This is the end....

Daniel Cerone @DanielVCerone

Despite ongoing talks I'm told things are not looking up for #Constantine at CW. Don't have details. Feeling wrecked about it.

There are still other channels to look into. The CW wasnt going to be the be all end all option any way. There's still time between now and when the contacts expire to find our John a good home.

This is the end....

Daniel Cerone @DanielVCerone

Despite ongoing talks I'm told things are not looking up for #Constantine at CW. Don't have details. Feeling wrecked about it.

10906033_10205959600169578_5717285162001880563_n.jpg?oh=b69629e6a3882dddf38b3a20e31c6859&oe=55D87AD2&__gda__=1442935748_cc168b5d87b3a6ce88490e998d6eb84e

kind of a good thing though, cause i and others really, really didn't want CW. but i'm also worried this means less and less hope for this show is shining through...

netflix ? please pick it up, netflix...

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

Having came from Twitter dms, there is a possible TNT discussion. Staying tuned to learn more.

Also, according to insider info, Fox was interested in taking the show in but Bob Greenblatt dragged his feet regarding licensing for so long leading to last Friday's news.

• Upvote 1

wolvy    57

I think he just needs to pull the plug and let this dog die.