JohnMcMahon

Cerone teases Constantine 'surprise'

JohnMcMahon    560

By way of Twitter....

Nice little surprise coming today for #Constantine fans. Stay on the lookout.

Arrow appearance confirmation ? DVD/Blu-Ray release ?

edit, not a second season...

I said LITTLE #Constantine surprise. No season two. Sorry.

Gwilym    330

That's a bit uncharitable. It got the Constantine part mostly right. It's everything else that was the problem. And that was more mediocre than disgraceful.

seventhcircle    561

i mean it got almost everything more on point than the movie did, so there is that.

the show had so much potential, a lot of the mediocre stuff, could have been easily fixed. from the dialogue (that was at times abyssmal), to pace of the plot (mostly in the episodes), the pacing between episodes was fine i think.. a little too much gimmicks here and there. the casting for the small roles in each episode was sometimes questionable (like the witch lady in the mining city, she was just bad).

the main casting was excellent. not that every part was perfect in regards to the source, but the lead was spot on and the chemistry with and off the supporting cast was very good. the nods to the comics and the eu where delicious and they really tried to do the different story arcs from the comic.

it had so much potential, to be something and they killed the baby, before it could even grow teeth.

Demon Chas08    295

I really hope everyone forgets that show. It was pretty much a disgrace to Constantine.

Wrong. The 2005 film was/is a disgrace. The show was far more respectful than both the film and the short lived New52 monthly series

Speedblazer    141

I really hope everyone forgets that show. It was pretty much a disgrace to Constantine.

Bullshit. It did better then the movie did. (which I also like, but it wasn't a good HB adaption)