strayfaux

A Hello to Everyone!

strayfaux    1

Hey, Id like to say a Big Hello to everyone on this forum. I'm a huge Constantine fan and have been for a long time. The series is one of the best comics I've read ever. I was introduced to John when I saw the Keanue Reeves film way back in the day. After that, I learned about the Hellblazer series and got super deep into it. The movie stunk by the way and so did the TV show.

When NBC announced they were doing a show, I got super stoked. I counted down the minutes til I could see the first ep. I even resisted watching the leaked pilot. The first episode was even worse than the movie. I know there are a few people out there who liked it but... the writers didn't know what they were doing. Anyhow this is turning into a rant and I don't want it to.

What I want to say is that I'm excited to be able to connect with other Constantine lovers. So hi! :)

Gwilym    330

Hello!

I think I liked both the film and TV show more than you did, but "the writers didn't know what they were doing" is actually a pretty decent summary.

I'd replace "know" with "decide," though. They never decided what the show would be, so it was pretty much just a generic mish-mash. While Hellblazer certainly may contain traces of pastiche, its main distinguishing feature is its voice. The show had none.

Pooka    765

Hello!

I'm not a fan of the show either, but it's still a shame it didn't catch on.

Hope you like it here, everyone's nice. Don't forget there's lots of get to know you type threads.