dogpoet    431

When raising your own chickens for eggs goes horribly wrong...

• Upvote 2

dogpoet    431

I thought Oglaf was long gone. Great to see he's still going.

Christian    728

No, sir. I did not like it.

Too much of the problems that have come before on this title, compounded with too much DC Universe stuff. This isn't original, and it's been done a lot better than this cutesy, teen style being used fir the book.

Problems crop up like Oliver getting better characterization, but giving us a monologue to explain John's character to the reader. Far too much telling, not showing, by the writers.

I think there's more to Oliver than we've seen. Not sure if that's good or bad, but his reaction to being kidnapped and facing attempted murder don't ring true for a human. It could just be more bad writing though.

Interesting moment, some of the Hellblazer continuity is still being used in this title. Delano's run gets referenced twice. I have no idea how this works on the time-line, as John was older than he is with this current series during the Delano run.

I'm on the verge of giving up on the book. I'm not interested in the big story-arc revolving around Neron. I never cared about the guy as part if the DCU.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

DONE. There's no future for this cack.

Neron looks like shite (as does Midnite)

Still feel nothing for the cafe guy.

Seriously, why noy replace Ming and James with Tom Taylor or snatch up Alex Kot back to do thic comic instead of those two??

Christian    728

I'd rather see Kot doing his own series, Wolf, rather than Constantine at this point in JC's comic career. The character hasn't been interesting in so many years now. Other books are doing JC better than DC now. Unless he could find time for both books, of course.

A. Heathen    1,120

Yep. Ales Kot don't need this shit.

It was #5 on my list of three Vertigo-inspired reads today (Swamp Thing & Lucifer).

The single decent moment was that scene with Oliver talking to Midnite's Cock.

There was much that was adequate.

But it's too talky and "Here are some ideas we are going to show you in one panel, and never develop" is tired.

dogpoet    431

Where's Jason when you need him?

A. Heathen    1,120

Where's Jason when you need him?

Be The Jason.

Dave    265

I put off reading this book for a week and a half. I'm going to take that as a hint to drop it. If i have to force myself to read it, i'm probably not enjoying it. I'll not waste my money on it anymore.