GottaGetAGrip

Justice League Dark - The Animated Movie?

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/batman-killing-joke-sneak-peak-justice-league-dark-video

According to this little blurb on the BBFC, there will be a 7 1/2 minute preview of a JLD movie included with the upcoming Killing Joke animation.

Given the relatively mediocre output of DC animation recently, this probably isn't too much to be hyped about if this is true, but still I suppose it is nice that it will help expose the JLD characters to a wider audience.

• Upvote 1

On one side , I feel like this might be a copout because JLD live action seems to be in such development hell, so to compensate, they'll just make an animated movie instead.

On another ( less cynical ) side, maybe they're testing the waters before doing live action. They made Batman : Assault on Arkham, everyone loved it , so now we're getting a live action Suicide Squad. Hopefully the same thing will happen here ?

Demon Chas08    295

They're really are desperate to make JLD a thing faster than rekindling the thought of anyone remembering Cyborg's Super Friends inclusion from 30 years ago by shoving him into the JL when J'onn or Black Lightning are more viable

On one hand, it's taking place in the same continuity as the lackluster-at-best DC New 52 animated movies and using the same animation styl style + New 52 aesthetic, and Batman is tagging along because of course he had to but on the other hand Matt Ryan back as Constantine.

Out this fall, according to the vid.

Qusoor    69

... I hate that Zatanna's holding back on her power. Afraid the girl's going to show everyone up?

IDGAF if it's nu52. i've been waiting for this for far too long. I actually kinda liked JLD or at least the premise anyway.i think it belongs in the animated verse plus DCU makes the BEST [except justic leauge vs teen titans.that was a copout at best]so yeah.[that aquaman was awesome(except for the crap romance) and i am watching the killing joke when i get a chance]

i will say,the art is nice,it feels creepy ,matt ryan's here and john and zee can both get it

on the other hand,i have already accepted the hellblazer is not to be.

I say we take this for what it is,let's have some good clean fun! we get a creepy cartoon out of this plus more exposure for Constantine(and ZATANNA she gets NO love in DCU).as for the concept of her holding back i love.why

because she is oneof the most powerful beings in dcu and of course we need a reason why she didn't destroy us allandtake over the world.seemspretty justified.i mean come on,she can tell people to die at will .let us not forget that.

also,not opposed to batman here because i loved him and john's chemistry in Injustice.it was perfect,so ye.also

The creators of the new kid-oriented Justice League Action animated series was talking on a CBR article a few days ago that John was in "quite a few early episodes". So, now we're getting Saturday Morning Cartoon Constantine, apparently.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cartoon-networks-justice-league-action-will-feature-over-150-characters

I don't know what's more shocking from that article: that John's going to be a kid-aimed cartoon or that DC apparently wanted the production to include "Space Cabbie" in the series.

I guess that John'll probably eat a lot of lollipops instead of smoke, given the intended audience.

I don't know what's more shocking from that article: that John's going to be a kid-aimed cartoon or that DC apparently wanted the production to include "Space Cabbie" in the series.

I guess that John'll probably eat a lot of lollipops instead of smoke, given the intended audience.

john does eat lollipops tho :D

Christian    728

Space Cabbie is the one genius aspect of all of that! Replace Chas with Space Cabbie, and Lady Constantine is spot on....license to print money!

It could help explain the direction of the new Hellblazer series. That it should be as inoffensive as possible. There are so many comic books out there doing far better what Hellblazer started out doing, under Delano, that time has passed John by. He really has become just another corporate property for DC to drag out. Not as much of a sacred cow as Batman, which at least still tries to cleave closely to the origins of the character, as darker, though.

I'm sure that horror and political aspects of Hellblazer's world are long gone now. Enjoy the generic supernatural fantasy series, where John acts less than heroic, but in a stock plot sort of way....like a nice, routine affectation, similar to Archie Bunker's antics. "Awww, that Johnny boy! He acts like such a cad, but inside, he's got that heart of gold! Oh look, he just told Superman to 'stuff it'! What a curmudgeon!". Yeah, I'll get my "Hellblazer' fix elsewhere, thank you very much, DC.

dogpoet    431

john does eat lollipops tho :D

The legendary meat lollipop?

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

on a serious note,like that our boyJohn is getting the exposure,but the truth is,he's now losing aspects of himself and any and every incarnation will be a shadow of what john was in Hellblazer.Maybe people will wonder back and read Hellblazer idk. But I think it's time to lay it to rest :(