Your Thoughts?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts?

Christian    728

I thought this issue was the "overnight Xanax"!

Incredibly boring....moving at a snail's pace. I can't believe how long this story-arc has been going on, and how little has actually occurred. Even less has happened that I actually care about. Yet, still it goes on. It is the never-ending story-arc.

The saving grace for this issue was the meeting with Marj. I did enjoy that.

Otherwise, nothing happened. This felt more like chapter one, than the actual chapter five....

I'll give it a 5, as I enjoyed the Marj scenes. Otherwise, there wasn't much to redeem this issue.

Last issue I felt some grace, as it was almost a story in its own right sandwiched in between this slog. Now, it's just a book where nothing happens month after month.

Well, Swamp Thing sure felt like he amounted to all of nothing in this book if this is the last we'll be seeing of him.

Marj reunion scene aside though, most of this issue felt like padding-padding-padding. Probably my least favorite issue of Rebirth John so far...

Christian    728

I think Swamp Thing is moving on to Batman now....although "the search for Abby" still seems to be part of this story-arc, I think?

I've begun to have scary flashbacks to the last series again (Constantine: The Hellblazer) where I completely forget the plot between stories. Something, something, Djinn.

So I haven't checked out this new relaunch yet due to reasons of geography but if they are gonna do the same shit like they did in the original series, specifically Swamp Thing showing up, may I ask what the point is to have a new one ? : P

dogpoet    431

I think it was just to get rid of the writer and artist on the last series: you know how sometimes a band will just split up and then reform without a member or two instead of just firing them? This was the comics version of that...

JohnMcMahon    561

I quite liked this one, well the writing anyway - art doesn't suit Hellblazer at all. Would've liked to have seen a little more of Marj but sarky Swamp Thing was fun.

Christian    728

Yeah, it's like a greatest hits album, in a lot of ways, Bran. Swamp Thing, Mercury, Clarice, Marj....they're getting the band back together, except, you know, decades later, and a lot more sad.

Hey, though? Djinn! That's what's new and different about this series....the Djinn.

dogpoet    431

That's the new member the band members they split and then reformed without weren't having, obvs.

:wink2:

Demon Chas08    295

The Marj update was interesting though I assumed the compound would still be aound unless The Shadow Dog wiped them out save for her, Merc, Zed and Errol. Missing Moritat but with they could keep Pia around more as her art is better than what's coming in Febuary

A. Heathen    1,120

I like the art for this story.

Might want someone nastier when it gets nasty.

I also wish the Swamp Thing aspects had been expunged.