Christian    728

Ha ha! That sounds pretty awesome too!

I will be very sad to see the Flintstones go. It was my favourite book that DC has been publishing month after month, and often ranked very highly out of all comics I am reading.

Even the Booster Gold & Flintstones Annual looks promising, with the Flintstones traveling to an environmentally ruined dystopian future.

Any fans of old Wildstorm might be interested in this:

Abernathy broke some news at the panel, that DC will publish a WildStorm 25th anniversary hardcover collection, including work from creators such as Fiona Staples, Sean Phillips and Lee Bermejo.

“The title features some new stories, for instance Brandon Choi and Jim Lee are going to revisit their classic creation WildC.A.T.S.,” Abernathy said. “Jeff Scott Campbell’s going to join us briefly for a new Gen 13 story. Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch will have a new Authority story. Brett Booth is going to revisit Backlash. It’s going to be a really great lineup.” Nguyen will contribute a Wildcats 3.0 story.

Lee said the original idea was just to use material “from the vault,” but quickly creators wanted to get involved with new material. Lee said he was surprised by the “enthusiasm and passion” creators had for the WildStorm characters and concepts. “It actually has a fair amount of new stuff in it,” Lee said of the book.

“If you’re a fan, this is a book you’ll want to pick up,” Abernathy said. “It’s 200 pages of WildStorm excellence.”

Chance of new “Planetary”? “[John] Cassaday is doing a ‘Planetary’ piece in the book,” Abernathy said, but there are no plans for a new series.

http://www.cbr.com/w...wondercon-2017/

JohnMcMahon    561

Comixology are currently selling collections of Gail Simone's original Secret Six run at 5.50 a pop for 12-14 issues a trade, it's excellent stuff - full of sex, violence laughs and that thing so many superhero comics forget, heart!

Christian    728

Yeah, that was a really good series. Ah, I remember those days, when DC had a number of very good books that I looked forward to buying every month. Secret Six was near the top of best comics published during that timeframe.

• Upvote 1

Christian    728

Bug #1-I loved this! Why can't more of DC's books be like this?

It stars Jack Kirby's New Gods character, but this first issue was all about phîlosophy and Kirby's 1970s version of Sandman.

This is very much Steve Gerber meets Grant Morrison.

I remember when Gerber took over writing Mr. Miracle in the '70s, and completely changed everything about the character, making the book in to a meditation on philosophy and pacifism, and then DC canceled the book after two issues...Well, I imagine this book is similar to how Gerber's run on Mr. Miracle would have ended up...Especially if Morrison came along and talked Gerber in to doing acid with him.

Well, this is easily my book of the week.

• Upvote 1

Christian    728

Jeff Lemire is returning to DC to write....the Fantastic Four? No....The Terrifics? Yes.

It's a team of heroes made up of super-genius Mr. Terrific, a woman who can turn invisible or something in Phantom Girl (from the Legion of Superheroes), a stretchy dude in Plastic Man (two Reed Richardses?), and a guy who could turn in to a rock-like substance in Metamorpho.

Watch for the up-coming third annual in which Mr. Terrific or Plastic Man (one of them) marries Phantom Girl!

Also, John Byrne will be along at some point to make the Phantom Girl realize she is really a Phantom Woman!

Plus, Lemire will be writing Hawkman.

In this new version of the character, Hawkman realizes he is actually a mutant and wealthy, and goes by the name Warren Wagar III. Or, maybe not.

In other news, DC Comics decides to become Marvel Comics, while Marvel Comics decides to become DC Comics. More on this intriguing turn of events in the coming months....

Dave    265

Just when I thought I was done with comics, they pull me back in. I'll read this Terrifics book.

Christian    728

Mister Miracle #1 by Tom King-This is the type of book I like to see DC publishing! Remember all those great books that DC published in the 1980s, that changed the face of comics, and that stand the test of time as classics to this day? Yeah, this is the type of book that would have fit right in with the top of DC's post-Crisis series. A darker look at an enduring DC figure.

What Tom King did for the Vision, it seems like he will do for Mister Miracle.

Philosophical. Mind-warping. Could easily have been a Vertigo book, back when DC still cared about Vertigo.

Grade: A

Newsboy Legion and the Boy Commandos Special by Howard Chaykin-I actually bought two DC Comics this week. I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm glad I decided to pick this up at the last minute. It was fun, and reminded me what made me such a fan of Chaykin back in his prime. It's the type of story he's so good at telling....1930s-1940s period pieces, fighting fascists.....Good stuff.

dogpoet    431

Is Chaykin drawing that one himself, or is he just scripting it for somebody else?

dogpoet    431

Need to get hold of that one, then. Thanks for the tip.

JasonT    433
Jeff Lemire is returning to DC to write....the Fantastic Four? No....The Terrifics? Yes.

It's a team of heroes made up of super-genius Mr. Terrific, a woman who can turn invisible or something in Phantom Girl (from the Legion of Superheroes), a stretchy dude in Plastic Man (two Reed Richardses?), and a guy who could turn in to a rock-like substance in Metamorpho. ...

I really, really hope this book is DC taking the piss at Marvel's refusal to publish The Fantastic Four. :laugh:

What Dave said.