Sign in to follow this  
GenGris

John Constantine's birthday?

GenGris    0

Just a quick question - if this has been raised, my apologies John.

Somewhere in the back of my mind this may have been answered but ... I cant find it. Thank you.

Christian    728

John is in his early 50s. I forget exactly how old. I think 52.

We found out the date of his birth, for one, in the issue written by Garth Ennis where he turns 40 years old.

taylor    0

I think the exact date of his birth was first revealed when he turned 35 and the date was shown on a newspaper he bought. It was an earlier Delano issue.

I think he is 52.

Hmpf    0

Is the Hellblazer timeline still parallel with ours, btw? I mean, the events of Carey's run took place over a comparatively short space of time in the HB universe, whereas outside the comics several years passed... it may well be still 2003 or something in John's world.

GenGris    0

Thank you, James. Finally, an actual MM_DD_YYYY! Makes him a Taurus.

I'll put it in my cellphone now.

And everytime I read your siggie, I break into a smile.

Good, yes.

And the rest of you were right, as far as the age went - only I wanted the birthday.

James    38
Is the Hellblazer timeline still parallel with ours, btw? I mean, the events of Carey's run took place over a comparatively short space of time in the HB universe, whereas outside the comics several years passed... it may well be still 2003 or something in John's world.

Well that's true enough. I imagine there'll be a bit of a gap to catch up with the modern day at some point, though.

One of the things I liked about Ennis' run was that it pretty much ran in real-time, right down to John's hair getting longer.

Christian    728

Yes, the current H.B. issues have been much more in "comic time" than "real time". I'm thinking there might be a large break between Carey's run and Mina's run, but I'm just guessing....

John doesn't seem like a Taurus.

andy    2

I remember Karen Berger saying something along the lines that John's not going to age as much from now on. I think we'll just have to assume he's somewhere around 50 from now on.

GenGris    0

Well, besides in the comic world, there can always be a "back story" - something that happened in the past (BTW, i want one. Sort of retrospect, filling in missing holes)

Christian    728

The next issue of "Hellblazer" (available this week) said something about John remembering his first con. So, sounds like what you're looking for.

GenGris    0

Hmmm, that sounds good Christian. I wonder when it will get here though. We get things a little late....