sethos

Sethos's art (NSFW)

Rogan    176
A bit on the wide side, Sethos...

for some bizzarre reason, reminds me of the cover or interior artwork for Bone : Stupid Stupid Rat Tales...

sethos    5
QUOTE (Rogan @ Sep 30 2004, 04:35 PM)
A bit on the wide side, Sethos...
for some bizzarre reason, reminds me of the cover or interior artwork for Bone : Stupid Stupid Rat Tales...

I wanted to make the pic as big as possible do everybody can see the lovely detail I put into it icon_smile.gif

as for Stupid Stupid Rat Tales, well, that one also features a guy being launched in the air while holding on to a rope, I think.

And, Rogan, while I'd love to be able to draw like Jeff Smith, I don't think there are that many similarities between his art and mine...

Rogan    176
well, i know... Jeff Smith isn't that much of an artist, really... i prefer your work.

Mark    332
I really rather like that, Sethos. Nice one - excellent detail, too.

sethos    5
QUOTE (Rogan @ Sep 30 2004, 04:47 PM)
well, i know... Jeff Smith isn't that much of an artist, really... i prefer your work.

hmm. well, thanks for the compliment and while you are probably right as Smith is mainly a cartoonist, he is an utter genius at storytelling in the comics form. he's up there with Eisner and Frank Miller. panel transitions, flow of story, Bone is utterly genius in that regard. plus, his black and white art is amazing: he is great at "spotting the blacks" (i.e. knowing where to put shadow to make a 2D drawing have depth). the best examples of that are in "Eyes of the Storm" the third Bone collection. the lightning scenes are just fantastic.

sethos    5
QUOTE (Mark @ Sep 30 2004, 05:06 PM)
I really rather like that, Sethos. Nice one - excellent detail, too.

thanks! one of the few pics in recent years I've done on larger than A4 size paper (A3 in fact)

Rogan    176
QUOTE (sethos @ Sep 30 2004, 05:11 PM)
hmm. well, thanks for the compliment and while you are probably right as Smith is mainly a cartoonist, he is an utter genius at storytelling in the comics form. he's up there with Eisner and Frank Miller. panel transitions, flow of story, Bone is utterly genius in that regard. plus, his black and white art is amazing: he is great at "spotting the blacks" (i.e. knowing where to put shadow to make a 2D drawing have depth). the best examples of that are in "Eyes of the Storm" the third Bone collection. the lightning scenes are just fantastic.

yeah, but i still prefer Watterson's genius to Smith's..

Mark    332
QUOTE (sethos @ Sep 30 2004, 04:12 PM)
thanks! one of the few pics in recent years I've done on larger than A4 size paper (A3 in fact)

It shows. Good shading, too...

Rogan    176
if i answer that question, my post will be moved to the creepy thread... :(

sethos    5
QUOTE (electricinca @ Oct 2 2004, 10:38 PM)
But what are the little men gobbling?

well, I'm pretty sure that the way things are going in the pic, it won't be dragon steaks...
icon_wink.gif

sethos    5
different kind of pic, portrait I drew about a year ago of Karianne, the girl in the Celtic department who is often running through my head. Alas, she has a boyfriend. then again, she's also a great friend, so I'm okay with just being friends as well... she's mighty cute though (nowadays her hair is down to her shoulders and blonde, which is less appealing to me for some reason). anyway, here's the pic:

oh, and yeah, the head and body size don't match on purpose, I was going for a bit of a "forced perspective" thing that nearly works.

sethos    5
QUOTE (new_age_bastard @ Oct 3 2004, 03:40 PM)
Dragon pretty indeed.

Love the shading effects you obtained.

Must show this to my girlfriend she loves dragons.

lemme know what she thinks!

electricinca    89
QUOTE (sethos @ Oct 3 2004, 08:11 PM)
... she's mighty cute though (nowadays her hair is down to her shoulders and blonde, which is less appealing to me for some reason).

She certainly is mighty cute in that pic. I've a bit of a thing for women with short hair like she has there.

sethos    5
QUOTE (pooka @ Oct 3 2004, 09:33 PM)
You got a lot of talent there, Sean.

Thanks Pooka! the problem is that I have a really short attention span and thus find myself hard pressed to ever do a truly long comic book type story. I just tend to use it to impress women (and nearly always fail, but hey, at least it leaves me with some nice drawings!)

QUOTE (electricinca @ Oct 3 2004, 10:07 PM)
She certainly is mighty cute in that pic.  I've a bit of a thing for women with short hair like she has there.

I'm pretty proud of the pic, it really is very accurate. probably my best portrait ever. She's pretty easy to draw, in fact.