Sickboyfilms

Complaints to the management

Walking into work this morning, the upbeat tones of The Presidents Of The USA regaling me with fanciful tales about instrument playing animals, when I happen to tilt my head slightly and glance across the traffic heading to and from town.

If you were anyone else Ade Mandelson would have shifted or deleted you by now. Further more, you're a wee oirish hobbit, get rid of the icon / avatar white boy.

• Downvote 1

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

The management did that to me early on when I used an animated gif of some girl with big wobbly wobblies and mentioned dryfucking cheerleaders in my intro. I just like to know what I can and can't get away with... ;)

dazzler    0
The management did that to me early on when I used an animated gif of some girl with big wobbly wobblies and mentioned dryfucking cheerleaders in my intro. I just like to know what I can and can't get away with... ;)

Obviously dryfucking cheerleaders is out.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Right, and I learned that that particular day and I haven't looked back since...except at xmas... ;)

JohnMcMahon    562
If you were anyone else Ade Mandelson would have shifted or deleted you by now. Further more, you're a wee oirish hobbit, get rid of the icon / avatar white boy.

Oh fuck off, you try-too-hard [over-used word].

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Oh, come on! We're all pretty here. Let's have a pillow fight in our underwear! Then we can drink diet soda and vomit our dinner!

A. Heathen    1,121

No one gets banned for acting the goat.

On the other hand, if you have a burning desire to point something out about someone else's post,

it will almost certainly result in a pointless post or two. Instead, try replying to them.

Bilirubin    38

FWIW, it appears at least on my computer that the purple folders are dark when there are no new posts, while it is light when there are--which is opposite all of the other folder icons.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

I don't need a reason to fuck someone. It would stand to reason that reasons to fuck someone would have existed prior to fucking them. Oh, and the Santa/Satan picture in Ade's personal thread is a perfect visual allegory for the TRUE meaning of xmas.

Trace    0

I was originally in favor of the changes but I'm now against the two separate "down the locals."

I can't find some of the threads and jumping back and forth between forums is annoying.

What was so bad about the old setup?

Anyone who complained about threads getting bumped off the first page could either:

set their persoanl viewing options to see more threads per page

or

not be so fucking lazy and just look at page 2.

All the other changes are still ok by me.

Christian    728

I'll say this, it does make our Forum look barren dividing Down the Local in half. Now, instead of a half page of topics with new posts, we get a fourth of a page of topic with new posts.

A. Heathen    1,121

Well, as it was my idea, I am obviously going to be more tolerant of the changes, which may not have been necessary but something to liven up the forum has been needed for a while - let's not forget new people.

Trace, I am not sure I understand why a thread would be harder to find when there are two separate sections clearly delineated. What threads can't you find ? Since they'd likely be on the front page of the relevant forum you only have to click two pages (and we know what you think of people who won't do that.)

Anyone who wants to find new posts can use the "view new posts" option.

And Christian, there were fewer posts because it was a weekend - around a third of the weekday numbers.

Perhaps 48 hours is too soon for you to get used to change ? Let's give it a month ?

JohnMcMahon    562
What was so bad about the old setup?

Nothing, but I wanted to increase the amount of conversation on pop-culture stuff like video games, tele and the like cause - well - they're the kind of things I like to talk about online. My view on how to do this, was to give more space so the big mash-up threads (What're you reading ? What're you listening to ? etc.) could be broken out into much smaller threads dedicated to specific books, movies etc.

Doing so on the old structure would've seen the more personal topics disappearing under the weight of newer threads, so it made sense to break them out into their own areas. It was noted at the time, by myself and others, that this might leave the remaining 'Down The Local' forum looking a little empty but so be it - the kind of things likely to be discussed therein are never going to get as much traffic as they require a level of involvement that not a lot of people feel like giving over online.

So now we have a space for people to talk about their lives, and another for them to waffle about general things that'll interest a broader audience.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

We need a psychic hotline. Like Miss Cleo, but less reptilian. Yes, a psychic mammal is definitely in order. Like we can ask it, I mean her, questions about infidelity, financial matters, soap operas and auto repair (like which hole does the petrol go? Mouth or ass?). I need to learn how to move things with my mind quickly, or I might as well be gum on the bottom of a shoe that just stepped in shit. Pissed off a demigod again...