JohnMcMahon    561

Hey all,

There are currently no limits put on sig/avatar sizes but things are starting to get a little out of control in that area.

Well that's how I feel myself, am I in the minority ?

Mark    332
Hey all,

There are currently no limits put on sig/avatar sizes but things are starting to get a little out of control in that area.

Nope (and seeing it from another computer highlighted the fact that my avatar's a bit too big right now too...I'll fix that).

jaynova    1
Hey all,

I agree! Some avatars (coughcoughChristian'scoughcough) are messing up the look of the page.

Vagabond    154

I would like massive, massive sig limits.

Avatars are fine, I think, though I'd understand if they were to be standardized.

Spain    66

A thread about size of avatars just when I put a drawing of my own as an avatar.

Of course, it was by chance.

you just had to send me a PM, ok? just that. you needn't to say that you hate my drawings out loud.

and yes, i am having my period, go to hell.

Christian    728

I have no idea about these computer things. Everything looks fine on my screen.

If there's a problem with avatars, just send me a polite PM and I'll fix it. I'm pretty polite that way.

I can't find any good avatars that are tiny.... :sad:

Kejoxen    0

150x150 is enough for an avatar and i think I've made my thoughts on animated gifs clear in the past.

Lou K    1,051

Compared to Spawn.com, where sigs could take up a whole page, we got nothing to worry about.

JohnMcMahon    561
John McMahon and the Passive-Aggressive way to Moderate a Forum available now from all good bookshops.

I was soliciting opinion, y'know in case it was just myself.

If I was being passive-aggressive I'd just amend the profiles of the ones that annoyed me to point at something suitably...er...aggressive.

electricinca    89

Sorry John I was just taking the piss.

I think you're probably correct about the avatar and sig situation though and it's clear that Kejoxen at least agrees.

JasonT    433
Hey all,

Are you talking about images that take up a lot of screen space, or images with large file sizes? 'Cause I think the former is unattractive, but I'm not that bothered; but big files are a pain in the arse.

I'm on a 1GB download limit per month. That works out at about 33MB per day. Once I go over 1GB, my connection slows down. It'd be easier to stay within that limit if I didn't have to download a megabyte's worth of animated shit or poorly-compressed JPEG pictures every time I hit this forum. A quick survey this morning shows an animated sig that's a quarter of a megabyte, and a 200K avatar.

Of course, I could pay more for a higher monthly download allowance, so I could download tacky crap I'm not interested in.

JohnMcMahon    561

Didn't realise it myself but you can actually turn off other user's avatars and sigs.

Click on 'My Controls'

Select 'Board Settings' under 'Options'

There you go

Akhira    29
It was probably about time I retired the zombie sig animation anyway.

No one is more joyful than I.

Speaking of which, does my eye bother anyone? The sig that is.

Christian    728
It was probably about time I retired the zombie sig animation anyway.

No one is more joyful than I.

Speaking of which, does my eye bother anyone? The sig that is.

If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee.

If no one else is using a Lucifer avatar, I'll keep this one for a bit. It was meant as a transitional avatar, but I've no problems with the rebel angel for myself, as long as it's unique.

A. Heathen    1,120
Hey all,

I would like to revisit this theme, as a number of people seem to have sigs way longer than most of their one line witticisms.

Obviously this might exclude Christian who has a big sig but posts eloquently or verbosely depending on your POV.

So, how about a voluntary moratorium on sigs that contain too many lines, eh chaps ?