Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Justice League Dark by someone other than Del Toro

sethos    5

huh... ok. consider me interested

Rumour has Guillermo Del Toro direct a Vertigo team up flick

According to Latino Review, Guillermo del Toro is in talks with Warner Bros to create his own version of that team up, called Heaven Sent. The movie would include the characters Swamp Thing, Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre, Zatanna and Zatarra, The Phantom Stranger, Sargon and Etrigan The Demon - essentially the line-up of [swamp Thing] #50.

Christian    722

That seems like a lot of characters to pack into one movie.

How do you explain each character within the allotted timeframe, and then have an actual plot?

A. Heathen    1,119

That seems like a lot of characters to pack into one movie.

How do you explain each character within the allotted timeframe, and then have an actual plot?

LOL.

slinker    893

You know, if they could get John right, fuck all those other characters, but if they use Keanu again, then fuck Del Torro. John Constantine is the deal make or breaker there for me.

Lou K    1,046

I...am not sure how this would work...I...don't know why...I am talking like...Alec Holland...

Demon Chas08    295

You know, if they could get John right, fuck all those other characters, but if they use Keanu again, then fuck Del Torro. John Constantine is the deal make or breaker there for me.

Of course, he'll get it on with Zee. The only way they get Keanu back is if Akiva Goldsman's involve but these days the brothers Nolan are the WB's new Golden Children.

slinker    893

But after Constanteen, I never thought there would be another chance to see John in the cinema. I just hope they don't follow the "established character" route based on the movie and go with another retarded American brunette. They need to get him right this time. I just don't imagine this will ever get a green light. CGI Swampy could be cool as shit though.

Demon Chas08    295

But after Constanteen, I never thought there would be another chance to see John in the cinema. I just hope they don't follow the "established character" route based on the movie and go with another retarded American brunette. They need to get him right this time. I just don't imagine this will ever get a green light. CGI Swampy could be cool as shit though.

You mean Nick Necro: The Movie

slinker    893

or whatever they call it. i wonder what they refer to it as if it doesn't have a working title yet, while it's in development?

Demon Chas08    295

or whatever they call it. i wonder what they refer to it as if it doesn't have a working title yet, while it's in development?

I was refering to Keanusteen. That's the title intended. Necro IS Keanusteen!!

2615228-jldark_annual1.jpeg277600-103403-john-constantine.jpg

slinker    893

Surely Heaven Sent is just the working title, like Blue Harvest or Codename Galactica.

A. Heathen    1,119

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/11/09/del-toro-confirms-hes-discussing-justice-league-dark-style-movie/

I’ve been discussing with the fans and I’ve been very, very open about how much Swamp Thing was key when I was a kid. Comics in Mexico came on the first two days of the week. Around Tuesday and Wednesday I would go to the newsstand on my bicycle and I would get Swamp Thing every time it was available and I loved Jack Kirby’s Demon. I love Constantine and all that. You know, I’ve been pursuing doing something with them for many, many years. Hopefully it’ll come to pass. But we are still just discussing.”

So, to cheer us up, it's Casting Thread Time !!!

Match the following to their JLD counterpart

Ron Perlman

Selma Blair

Doug Jones

John Hurt

Luke Goss

:hattip:

Rogan    176

Hopefully, we might get Idris Elba as Chas. Or Phantom Stranger. Or John Constantine.

slinker    893

At least he's British. But that would be funny. I can hear the complaints now. "Elba should be MAP!"

Demon Chas08    295

At least he's British. But that would be funny. I can hear the complaints now. "Elba should be MAP!"

There's a thought.

Hopefully, we might get Idris Elba as Chas. Or Phantom Stranger. Or John Constantine.
Now, you're thinking like those broads on Lipstick Alley

slinker    893

So, that Necro/Constanteen thing? There IS something to that. So, I expect the return of Keanusteen if this gets green lighted. Pacific Rim should be so badass that this project could suck balls out the ass and it won't matter. Pacific Rim looks to be the greatest thing ever and I can't get hold of the goddamned trailer they showed at comiccon. It's NOWHERE! Just the damned teaser that doesn't show anything. Giannt Monsters fighting giant robots, me wants me wants me wants!

Atticus    164

Looks like Del Toro has debunked his involvement with this one, according to Crave Online and the Daily Blam!.....

Even though all of his time is now dedicated to finalizing and launching Pacific Rim ..... del Toro's name is constantly paired up with genre dream projects. From a Hulk sequel to a Constantine reboot and every other supernatural or superheroic title in between have come up, including Warner Bros' planned 2015 team-up Justice League which del Toro denies involvement in:

"No, no I'm not doing [that one]. Sometimes people come to me and say 'what do you think of this idea?' or 'would you be interested in this?' and others hear it, it gets exaggerated and that's how rumors start [laughs]. But there's no truth to them. I know of... a few interesting projects in the works but I am not attached to any right now."

Also:

Pietro Filipponi of The Daily Blam tweeted this morning: "Asked Guillermo Del Toro about the rumor he'll be directing a supernatural superhero movie for DC/WB, he said there is no truth to it at all." So there you go.