• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strayfaux

strayfaux

Constanteen PG15

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

Hey, Id like to say a Big Hello to everyone on this forum. I'm a huge Constantine fan and have been for a long time. The series is one of the best comics I've read ever. I was introduced to John when I saw the Keanue Reeves film way back in the day. After that, I learned about the Hellblazer series and got super deep into it. The movie stunk by the way and so did the TV show.

When NBC announced they were doing a show, I got super stoked. I counted down the minutes til I could see the first ep. I even resisted watching the leaked pilot. The first episode was even worse than the movie. I know there are a few people out there who liked it but... the writers didn't know what they were doing. Anyhow this is turning into a rant and I don't want it to.

What I want to say is that I'm excited to be able to connect with other Constantine lovers. So hi! :)

#2 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hello!

I think I liked both the film and TV show more than you did, but "the writers didn't know what they were doing" is actually a pretty decent summary.

I'd replace "know" with "decide," though. They never decided what the show would be, so it was pretty much just a generic mish-mash. While Hellblazer certainly may contain traces of pastiche, its main distinguishing feature is its voice. The show had none.
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#3 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,242 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forum mate.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#4 Pooka

Pooka

Nimble Little Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hello!

I'm not a fan of the show either, but it's still a shame it didn't catch on.

Hope you like it here, everyone's nice. Don't forget there's lots of get to know you type threads.
World shut your mouth.

#5 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hey! Did you watch past the first episode? I thought the show really found its feet around episode 4 or 5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, hello, fan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users