#21 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

'Walking Dead' second season confirmed?

AMC's upcoming horror series The Walking Dead has apparently already been commissioned for a second season.

The first season of the show - adapted from the Image Comics series by writer Robert Kirkman - is due to premiere on the network in October.

However, a post on the AMC web site is currently advertising a competition to win "the opportunity to become one of the undead" and land a walk-on part in "a Season 2 episode", suggesting that further episodes have already been commissioned.

The site also explains that "specifics of the walk-on role will be determined at the producerís sole discretion".

The first season of the show - starring Andrew Lincoln as police officer Rick Grimes - will run for six episodes.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#22 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

Things are going along too well for this show. I'm kinda worried about that, but i'M thrilled we get two seasons, even though that works out to about 12 episodes total, about 1 full season for AMC's other shows. I entered the walk-on role contest. I want to play a Governor henchman or something.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#23 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Six one-hour episodes should cover one trade nicely, seems like the perfect bite-sized chunks to be tackling this project in.

Shaky-cam footage of the trailer from Comic-Con :

This seems to suggest that the gist of the opening season will be Rick trying to find his wife and son.

Posted Image

#24 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Damn ya beat me to it!

That looks really awesome. I getting more and more excited for this series
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#25 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

:ohmy:  :wank:  :boogie:  :adore:
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

#26 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

Cleaned up version of the comic-con trailer :

If this someone manages not to be up to snuff then my faith in pretty much everything (which, granted, is fairly limited) will be totally and utterly shattered.

Morgan Jones sniping zombies for fuck's sake!

One minor gripe, comic spoilers follow...[ Spoiler : the 'all dead' reveal in the comics, as the snow melts off the sign, is one of the series high-points so it's a shame it won't appear here in a similar manner here. ]

#27 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:40 AM

They went ahead and put an official version online now. It's a bit higher res than John's.

At 2:20 in the trailer, you see the current artist on the comic, Charlie Adlard, as a zombie. It's a split second and if you blink, you'll miss it.

Unless you watch this whole featurette all about Zombie Adlard that lasts a minute longer than the trailer.

#28 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

If I manage to never see the ten-years-later follow-up they made a few years ago, I will totally be able to watch this show as The Further Adventures of Egg Out Of THIS LIFE. And that pleases me.
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#29 Avaunt

Avaunt

Doesn't actually mean lawful nice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,488 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

THAT is where I saw that face before.

:)

How the fuck did he end up getting this part?. He isn't an American is he. Has he done anything since This Life?. I vaguely remember seeing him in a movie or two.

I won't be watching this because, well, scary movie, but I was impressed with how well they seemed to follow the comic.
"A novel, according to my taste, does not come into the first class unless it contains some person whom one can thoroughly love, and if a petty woman all the better.
C.Darwin.

#30 Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu

Psycho killer, qu'est ce que c'est.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

View PostAvaunt, on 27 August 2010 - 08:27 AM, said:

How the fuck did he end up getting this part?. He isn't an American is he. Has he done anything since This Life?. I vaguely remember seeing him in a movie or two.

American TV and cinema is absolutely full of British actors these days. And a good number of Australians too. They're cheaper than their American equivalents and equally - or sometimes more - talented.
My movie blog: Groundlingspeak

My personal blog: http://abhimanyudas.blogspot.com

#31 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

View PostAvaunt, on 27 August 2010 - 08:27 AM, said:

Has he done anything since This Life?. I vaguely remember seeing him in a movie or two.

He played the lead role in another British series called Teachers a few years back, which was quite popular in the UK (dunno if it ever made it overseas), and he's had a few film roles (the biggest one would probably be Richard Curtis' Love, Actually). Beyond that...what Abhi said about Brit actors in the US, essentially. Most of the really big US shows over the last decade have had casts packed full of British actors, usually (although by no means always) doing such good American accents that you don't even notice they're there - House, The Wire, True Blood, Deadwood, Rome, Battlestar Galactica...
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#32 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:45 AM

Zombie Decomposition 101

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:49 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This must be one of the new scenes they are writing just for the TV show that wasn't in the comic.

#34 Slickevil

Slickevil

Demon Constantine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

I hear Rooker and Reedus's parts are not in the book. This may just well be the greatests TV show of all time. I just read that Tom Jayne is coming on board for season 2 or the later part of season 1.

#35 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

Who is Tom Jayne cast as? I would have cast him is Rick had I been casting guy. But who could he play that's already written? I hope they don't create a character for him. I don't mind they do it a little bit, but if they go crazy with new stuff, it might turn into a Twilight Zone or something. They should keep it 70-30 old vs new, imho.

#36 Slickevil

Slickevil

Demon Constantine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:02 AM

I'm not sure who he is playing just that he cashed in some chips with the director and requested to be in because he thinks it will be epic. I tried to find the article I read that from but for the life of me , can't remember wear I read that.

#37 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Possibly at this link?

I think this is a new trailer. The scenes from the first one at comicon seem longer with more dialogue. It could be my imagination. If so, skip to bicycle girl below. It's kind of trippy.

#38 Atticus

Atticus

Token Scot Home Again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Haven't watched any trailers for this, and haven't read the book, but that first trailer was excellent.
What's that film that you love?
What film?
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking lego.

#39 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

In all honesty, I have never anticipated any television event as much as I have anticipated this one. I really looked forward to this season of the Venture Bros, but when Walking Dead drops, I might flip out.

#40 James

James

Chinese bakery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

View Postslinker, on 07 September 2010 - 02:16 AM, said:

Who is Tom Jayne cast as? I would have cast him is Rick had I been casting guy. But who could he play that's already written? I hope they don't create a character for him. I don't mind they do it a little bit, but if they go crazy with new stuff, it might turn into a Twilight Zone or something. They should keep it 70-30 old vs new, imho.

I think they've said that beyond the pilot and the first few episodes they're going their own way, which is perfectly all right by me. The comic descended into repetitive, directionless, bleak shit as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway. Here's an intro sequence created by a fan of the comic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users