67 replies to this topic

#61 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I am so late for this  it as a bisexual...lemme speak on this folks

I understand the distaste for straight-washing...its just as bad as white washing...however let me say a few things first about the commoncs.Really,the comiccs were written by heterosexual white guys and the perception of non heterosexuality was distorted.Clearly ,most of the writers wrote john as straight...as a person who goes both ways ,I can outright say this .This was because most authors and artists were probably uncomfortable with his sexuality....even azarello .becausewhy the deviance ? Damn ,you couldn't be more subtle like having the person we see with long hair blowing common turns out to be a dude and not a chick ?

Also another side of the coin even most lgbt people ...what about the love aspect? Is John bi-romantic ? In Hellblazer no ,but new52 john was implied to have had feelings for nick Necro before he lost his shit ,so yes .That version of him was a bi-romantic bisexual .

Also ,is he in the closet ? Me personally,if you don't ask I won't tell ...unless it's relevant to the situation at hand ..which is why it came up in my intro speech.If I wasn't making a comparisson ,I probably would not bring it up.

Also ,john is bisexual leaning straight...that is a thing.I'm the same way ,bi leaningng straight,but unlike him I am bi-romantic,meaning I can love either sex.New 52 John appears this way but his hellbazer self clearly is not .They probably just made him bi because of the punk scene having shades of that.

I did get the impression that he should've kissed gaz on the mouth in the tv show ,cuz that kiss on the head was kinda intimate...then kissing Chas on the cheek...makes it comes off as john kissing up on his male friends which means maybe not closeted ?   Really what it is ,no one on the show or comics are comfortable with a dude who sux cox as a protagonist and think its ok to run by it ,not to mention some people think men can't be bisexual

That my friend is bisexual erasure and that is what this is.

P.S it's heavily implied nick Necro was the one giving john the Johnson...do what you want with that
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#62 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

View Postlady_constantine, on 10 May 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

I am so late for this  it as a bisexual...lemme speak on this folks

I understand the distaste for straight-washing...its just as bad as white washing...however let me say a few things first about the commoncs.Really,the comiccs were written by heterosexual white guys and the perception of non heterosexuality was distorted.Clearly ,most of the writers wrote john as straight...as a person who goes both ways ,I can outright say this .This was because most authors and artists were probably uncomfortable with his sexuality....even azarello .becausewhy the deviance ? Damn ,you couldn't be more subtle like having the person we see with long hair blowing common turns out to be a dude and not a chick ?

Also another side of the coin even most lgbt people ...what about the love aspect? Is John bi-romantic ? In Hellblazer no ,but new52 john was implied to have had feelings for nick Necro before he lost his shit ,so yes .That version of him was a bi-romantic bisexual .

Also ,is he in the closet ? Me personally,if you don't ask I won't tell ...unless it's relevant to the situation at hand ..which is why it came up in my intro speech.If I wasn't making a comparisson ,I probably would not bring it up.

Also ,john is bisexual leaning straight...that is a thing.I'm the same way ,bi leaningng straight,but unlike him I am bi-romantic,meaning I can love either sex.New 52 John appears this way but his hellbazer self clearly is not .They probably just made him bi because of the punk scene having shades of that.

I did get the impression that he should've kissed gaz on the mouth in the tv show ,cuz that kiss on the head was kinda intimate...then kissing Chas on the cheek...makes it comes off as john kissing up on his male friends which means maybe not closeted ?   Really what it is ,no one on the show or comics are comfortable with a dude who sux cox as a protagonist and think its ok to run by it ,not to mention some people think men can't be bisexual

That my friend is bisexual erasure and that is what this is.

P.S it's heavily implied nick Necro was the one giving john the Johnson...do what you want with that

To be fair he did it the same way in the original story.

Still, you get it. I wish those on Twitter, LiveJournal and Tumblr who kept crying bi-erasure understood instead of citing DaVinci's Demons (& their disdain for Goyer) as why they haven't given the show a chance
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#63 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

-I personally think that supernatural still threw a wrench in constantine.and it annoys me that the people who cry bi-erasure are hardly fans,more like people looking to start something.

i thought the show was average and constantine getting it on with some guy eould not have fixed it.it just simply wasn't dark enough for something based off hellblazer,y'know?

still ,it would've been fun to see nick necro vs conjob
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#64 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

RE: SPN- I can't see how since the most glaring one of all is Cas' attire (and that got changed in the wake of the show being developed when SPN was in Season 9). Since Cas and season 5, it disappeared up its own backside as far as Cas becoming a god, Leviathans, more fangirl pandering, Crowley overstaying his welcome, "DeanMon" (which isn't remotely the same as Demon Constantine)
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#65 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostDemon Chas08, on 11 May 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

RE: SPN- I can't see how since the most glaring one of all is Cas' attire (and that got changed in the wake of the show being developed when SPN was in Season 9). Since Cas and season 5, it disappeared up its own backside as far as Cas becoming a god, Leviathans, more fangirl pandering, Crowley overstaying his welcome, "DeanMon" (which isn't remotely the same as Demon Constantine)

i mean seasons 1-5.i refuse to acknowledge anything after that

it's like the low fantasy atmosphere of it all and the fact that it had a more dark undertone than constantine did...even vampire diaries did.felt too staged and unnatural

however here's how i feel bout pandering: gimme some nekid bitches already! and wenz johnny-boy gonna get slammed into  a matress ?[never]

actually ,those are not necessary for a good show.i love grimm and there is none of that.just good acting,great plot ,iteresting creatures and realistic levels of racial diversity.that works too.

#66 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:03 AM

View Postlady_constantine, on 11 May 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

it's like the low fantasy atmosphere of it all and the fact that it had a more dark undertone than constantine did...even vampire diaries did.felt too staged and unnatural

however here's how i feel bout pandering: gimme some nekid bitches already! and wenz johnny-boy gonna get slammed into  a matress ?[never]

actually ,those are not necessary for a good show.i love grimm and there is none of that.just good acting,great plot ,iteresting creatures and realistic levels of racial diversity.that works too.
Constantine was never Hellblazer to me. It was always "a better version of what n52 Constanteen should've been." It was fun, it had some cool stuff in it, and it was something to watch to get away from Supernatural's brooding brotherly love angst.

If not for my love for trench coats and occult/gore stuff, I'd drop SPN right quick.

SPOILERS: Frankinsteins are now the next big bad.

For John's Bisexuality; I think that the handling of John's sexual orientation was very sensitive to touch on, because they had to stress the people who'd find it offensive if they painted it in a bad light. But there were subtle hints of John's bi-ness.
  • Him and Liv's father, Jasper Winters, being "close".
  • "I don't do zip ties without a safe word." (though this is more so an example of his BDSM kink)
  • Kissing Gary Lester on the forehead along with the implied one-nights the two have possibly had.
  • When Zed told John that they're visiting a priest, he removes one of the condoms. (dunno if this implies he won't need a condom since he won't have to worry about pregnancy with another man, or he was giving that condom to Zed for her own good times)
  • Kissing Chas on the cheek.

#67 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 12 May 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

View Postlady_constantine, on 11 May 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Constantine was never Hellblazer to me. It was always "a better version of what n52 Constanteen should've been." It was fun, it had some cool stuff in it, and it was something to watch to get away from Supernatural's brooding brotherly love angst.

If not for my love for trench coats and occult/gore stuff, I'd drop SPN right quick.

SPOILERS: Frankinsteins are now the next big bad.

For John's Bisexuality; I think that the handling of John's sexual orientation was very sensitive to touch on, because they had to stress the people who'd find it offensive if they painted it in a bad light. But there were subtle hints of John's bi-ness.
  • Him and Liv's father, Jasper Winters, being "close".
  • "I don't do zip ties without a safe word." (though this is more so an example of his BDSM kink)
  • Kissing Gary Lester on the forehead along with the implied one-nights the two have possibly had.
  • When Zed told John that they're visiting a priest, he removes one of the condoms. (dunno if this implies he won't need a condom since he won't have to worry about pregnancy with another man, or he was giving that condom to Zed for her own good times)
  • Kissing Chas on the cheek.

I agree...barring the him and jasper were close thing...i thought jasper winters could've easily been baron winters,but that was wishful thinking..
still am happy he wasn't completely straight washed

#68 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 12 May 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

Posted Image
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users