28 replies to this topic

#21 Bilirubin

Bilirubin

Submit. Consume.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

James! I was afraid you caught the wrong bus in Dubai and wound up somewhere unfortunate ;)

Hows stuff?
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.  Stephen Leacock
Thank you for your kind remark, . Tell your friends. God
Jesus Christ. Who are these people? Andy Diggle
Bili is right about everything. Josh

#22 Bilirubin

Bilirubin

Submit. Consume.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostLou K, on 03 September 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostJames, on 03 September 2010 - 09:45 AM, said:

Man, I hope Sam's okay.

What are you doing in San Diego? It's not the Comic Con right now is it? I totally intend to make it there one of these days, even if it is just a frightening haze of colour, noise and human sweat.

Sam'll be OK. He's got good family surrounding him.  :wink:

As for SD, my wife wanted to go there for a two day workshop for her photography business. I said hell with it, I'll tag along and we'll make a week of it. SDCC has passed, but we are going to a Padres baseball game with a park tour, hiking in Torrey Pines, going up to La Jolla, Balboa Park, the museums, couple good restaurants, Old Town, the zoo, the aquarium and a few other things I'll check out solo while she's working.
Love San Diego. Totally Jelly.

Go to Coronado Beach. Seriously.
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.  Stephen Leacock
Thank you for your kind remark, . Tell your friends. God
Jesus Christ. Who are these people? Andy Diggle
Bili is right about everything. Josh

#23 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

I don't think they'll let you into Dubai if you're not employed.

Glad you had a decent time, James. The girlfriend had any luck with the career yet?

#24 James

James

Chinese bakery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostRed, on 03 September 2010 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm working in the same newspaper as two and a half years ago, still living in Oslo, and have recently bought a flat. Also, I have a new ("new" - it's been 8 months now) girlfriend. Who is ace. And whom I'm busily converting to the cult of Constantine.

Actually bought and not rented? I'm a bit jealous, which is worrying, because I never thought I'd be old enough to think that. Are you paying am mortgage or do you own it outright? Good work on the indoctrination, by the way. I've started mine off on the Buddy Bradley comics. I think supernatural stuff will take a bit of working up to.

View PostHusamuddin A, on 03 September 2010 - 10:31 AM, said:

View PostHusamuddin A, on 01 September 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

I graduated university and went bald. I was stabbed, too.

In this order: hooray! Oh. What?

http://hellblazer.ip...51

Christ, that's scary stuff. Glad you're okay. Just shows that kind of brush with madness can happen to anyone...

View PostLou K, on 03 September 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

Sam'll be OK. He's got good family surrounding him.  :wink:

As for SD, my wife wanted to go there for a two day workshop for her photography business. I said hell with it, I'll tag along and we'll make a week of it. SDCC has passed, but we are going to a Padres baseball game with a park tour, hiking in Torrey Pines, going up to La Jolla, Balboa Park, the museums, couple good restaurants, Old Town, the zoo, the aquarium and a few other things I'll check out solo while she's working.

Oh, awesome! That sounds like a hell of a trip. Except for the baseball thing, but I never really got the appeal of any of the major US sports - with the exception of basketball. Hope your lady's business is going well.

View PostSpain, on 03 September 2010 - 04:12 PM, said:

My country worshiped Cthulhu for few weeks after a football match.
And I met in the same weekend M. Carey, Venkman (where's him?), Ade and Pazuzu. Yeah the sumerian God.
Mmmh, and I got a signature of Glenn Fabry in the cover of the first Hellblazer issue I bought.
Also I am more focused on my job, then on rolegames (you'll have news about the next rolegame convention in Dublin), then on board games. And thinking about making a totem for myself, otherwise, how can I be sure this ain't a dream?

Welcome back, man.  :hattip:

Inception does bad, bad things to a person's mind. After watching that movie, my girlfriend informed me that I am, sadly, a stop-gap until she can get her claws into Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

What's this about Cthulu though?

View PostPooka, on 03 September 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

I now have a lovely and very talented girlfriend
Oooh, girlfriend. Spill.

Er, I feel a bit weird about going on about her on here. I'll PM you.

View PostAvaunt, on 03 September 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Girlfriend! lovely and talented too, happy happy, joy joy.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy everything about Dubai, but at least you were employed the whole time, could have been worse. Could have been snow!.

That's true. You don't want to end up unemployed in Dubai.

View Postdogpoet, on 04 September 2010 - 08:37 AM, said:

I don't think they'll let you into Dubai if you're not employed.

Glad you had a decent time, James. The girlfriend had any luck with the career yet?

She's organising a concert in the UAE which will hopefully bring in some money. Then she'll be heading over to London, where she'll look for work to tide her over while she builds up contacts in the music scene. After that? Well, who knows?

#25 Jessie

Jessie

Irregular regular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Welcome back, James!  I was brand brand new when you left, but I'm pleased to have the chance to get to know you finally.  Congratulations on the girlfriend and the move--hope you guys both find work in London.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!

#26 Pooka

Pooka

Nimble Little Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,735 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

No problem, James, if you don't get a reply it's cause I'm incapable of working technology (ie the messenger conversation thing.)  :angry:  :laugh:
World shut your mouth.

#27 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

View PostJames, on 04 September 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostRed, on 03 September 2010 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm working in the same newspaper as two and a half years ago, still living in Oslo, and have recently bought a flat. Also, I have a new ("new" - it's been 8 months now) girlfriend. Who is ace. And whom I'm busily converting to the cult of Constantine.

Actually bought and not rented? I'm a bit jealous, which is worrying, because I never thought I'd be old enough to think that. Are you paying am mortgage or do you own it outright? Good work on the indoctrination, by the way. I've started mine off on the Buddy Bradley comics. I think supernatural stuff will take a bit of working up to.
Yeah, I've bought it, but since I'm not rich, in reality my bank owns it. I have a relatively large mortgage, but not larger than I can handle, thankfully, and I have a steady job which means I feel relatively secure financially. It's not big (40 square meters), but I really like it.
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#28 Spain

Spain

Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

View PostJames, on 04 September 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

What's this about Cthulu though?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I watched the final game while in Spain visiting my family. I have a very nice memory from that day.
Ridli Scott- Where's your spirit, boy?
J. Konstantin- I lost it in a brothel at Newcastle...

Here is my blog for the bored ones. New! Some posts are in English! And my comic blog.

#29 Mick

Mick

"Mick - He Who Writes Badly"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

Pretty much the same life for me, new job though, and new girl since 2 and a half years ago. Not much to tell... Nice to see you back man
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users