#21 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostJasonT, on 18 November 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

I think he should have a groovy van and drive around solving mysteries with Rich the Punk and his dog. Or that chimp from the Delano one-shot.

That's no way to talk about Syder
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#22 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,265 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

I like Jason and Seventh's ideas. They're both different and cutting edge, and hip...so DC should definitely look in to it. I think the bisexual frog demographic is one that most comic book companies are missing today. Come on, DC, don't you want the green? Or, is controversy too much for a big corporation to handle?

Having said all that (and not really knowing how much I meant any of it...although, I do like a crime-solving dog!)...I do kind of like what DC has done with John Constantine's current "employment" situation. Since John is in his 20s now, he's doing what a lot of younger people are doing for money these days (or so I've heard)*, which is setting up web-sites and working as they see fit, when they need the extra cash, rather than holding down full-time jobs. Because, let's face it, working for someone today sucks more than ever (or since the days of "company towns" and "scrip" anyway!), since you're not going to make much, get no benefits, and fucking have to work for someone else. It fits John's character, but it also fits with the times, the way he's setting up "shop".
If only the rest of the comic wasn't so cartoony.

*Cue JasonT with something inappropriate. heh
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#23 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostChristian, on 18 November 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

He has a job as per this very issue. He does odd jobs for people with supernatural problems, and has some sort of web-site set up for people to contact him with their problems.
He never had any sort of proper job, he was basically doing this sort of work-for-hire thing in the HB stories you mention.

I liked the supernatural detective direction that Warren Ellis was taking John, during his short time on the book.
I wouldn't mind seeing John in that sort of role. The new book just doesn't have the correct tone to do it right though.
Ok..the website thing i could do with.i honestly had already stopped reading this...someone tell me if it,s worth it at this point ?Just it seemed to rush and i don't like the pacing...or maybe I'm asking for too much in a comic book
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#24 Dave

Dave

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:59 AM

I kind of hated everything about this issue except Walter the friendly demon who i really liked. This just isnt the Constantine I want to read, i think.
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk.

#25 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

So I'm only working through this series now and this was probably the first issue that I really liked - yeah, it's not our John but there's still something to him.  Anyway, odd-job John's funny.  If nothing else, this run has solidified his love for a bit of cock!
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#26 JasonT

JasonT

Stressing over cat urine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

I read that in the voice of Warren out of This Life. :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users