84 replies to this topic

#21 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

I mistook Azz for Bendis. Brain fart. Pay it no heed.
:blush:

#22 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

You "mispoke".

Or more accurately.

You ...
                  ...mispoke.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#23 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:38 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 17 March 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

i would generally see him more of a switcher

View PostChristian, on 17 March 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I definitely see him as a top man, although most of our experiences with him has been with females. Manor was just a ruse, and Nick Necro is just embarrassing.  "We have top men working on it right now."

true...but we did see him beat manor into submission,and they did kinda put the idea of zatanna and nick necro handcuffing him to the bedpost and having their way with him(or conversely--zee sandwich anyone?).

Also ,john was thirsty enough that he could and probably would've subbed for zee in the new 52 verse (and that could have still been non sexual--just worship stuff...(not like with her powers this couldn't be a thing)

And not only that ,butjohn's not the only victom--zatanna has to carry the ugly stain of nick necro too(her 2010 comic by paul dini was great before the dropped it in favor of boo52...wasted potential)

agree with switching--though who said the dom had to be a male?Could easily be domme as in dominatrix
[femdom is still kinda risque...y'know with how fragile masculinity is and one's manhood being in question and all don't think there's any mainstream work with it though ironically one of the most iconic bdsm works in history is venus in furs ...with a female domme]
however the troll was fed :biggrin:
thanx 4 da snax
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#24 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:00 AM

you are welcome :hattip: :tongue:

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#25 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

As for the switching thing, there's quite a few bi switches who tend to top one gender and be topped by the other, aren't there? It wouldn't be that far out of character to assume that Constantine's more comfortable being the bottom on the less frequent occasions when he gets involved with another guy than he is being topped by anybody female. (Though I do take Lady C's point that Zatanna has been drawn in thighboots for the last decade or so, so looks a lot more like a Dominatrix than she used to...) :tongue:

There's a few other perv "classics" geared towards femdom than Venus In Furs, btw: the not particularly sexy Torture Garden springs to mind for a start, but that is, admittedly not much of a balance to all of DeSade, Pauline Reage and Anne Rice's smut...

#26 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

her usage of magical commands is also very in sync with her being a top (disregarding the stupid backwardstalking thingy), as in: she likes to give orders.

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.

#27 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,413 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Maybe her and John fight over who gets to be on top, and either take turns, or decide to go a different route? John is a pretty dominant type of guy. I have a hard time seeing him ever accepting being submissive, even with role-playing. Although, he obviously bit the bullet for Manor.
Although, John is a magician, and part of the art of magic is often taking on different roles. To be a truly great magician, magicians really need to be able to come terms with getting in to playing the opposite, and overcoming dualities.
However, having said that, I don't believe that Crowley ever liked to take on a submissive role. That guy was an egomaniac.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#28 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:18 PM

Given that Grant Morrison's thing of having Zatanna drawn to look like Dita von Teese (who according to several scurrilous sources is very much a bottom) has stuck, maybe she's been forcibly de-Dominatrixed at some point?

#29 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:45 PM

View Postdogpoet, on 18 March 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Given that Grant Morrison's thing of having Zatanna drawn to look like Dita von Teese (who according to several scurrilous sources is very much a bottom) has stuck, maybe she's been forcibly de-Dominatrixed at some point?

could've been roleplaying
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#30 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostChristian, on 18 March 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Maybe her and John fight over who gets to be on top, and either take turns, or decide to go a different route? John is a pretty dominant type of guy. I have a hard time seeing him ever accepting being submissive, even with role-playing. Although, he obviously bit the bullet for Manor. Although, John is a magician, and part of the art of magic is often taking on different roles. To be a truly great magician, magicians really need to be able to come terms with getting in to playing the opposite, and overcoming dualities. However, having said that, I don't believe that Crowley ever liked to take on a submissive role. That guy was an egomaniac.

View Postlady_constantine, on 18 March 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

View Postdogpoet, on 18 March 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

could've been roleplaying

that's the thing.males subs.your boss might be a sub,your bus driver.,the mail man...men do NOT where this on their sleeve because of societal norms and they would be judged quite harshly.lotta women don't get into this type of thing so from the perspective of a man who likes women,of course john's not gonna bring it up until he's already gained your trust(general rule of bdsm until online bdsm sites came around) .and really,everything from the way he wears his hair to the way he dresses is to decieve you into thinking'look how normal i am!look how much of a creep i'm not!'...and then some weird shit happens...or you might die or somethin',idk ..just saying with guys (especially bi guys) it is a whole new ball game.

the idea is that you're not suppose to be able to tell,that's the appeal you see.. wait to he comes crawling on his knees begging.....
though i would go with switch.

as for zatanna she really just gives off dom vibes(her and nick necro could possibly be one of those dominant couples looking for bi subs to play with-this is actually a thing) ...yet despite the beauty of dita von teese...never thought zatanna resembled her much. i know in bombshells she looks like katy perry,in new52,she looks more like megan fox (or scarjo...depends on the art) .in zatanna 2010 she spent time looking like mila kunis.and before she looked different.again. ugh! she is so inconsistantly drawn! one of the most inconsistent characters I have seen.it's like they said,lets draw a hotty with black hair and just did whatever.(this is an issue with american characters period,especially females--can we give the jaopanese manga characters points for consitancy? thank you)

#31 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

i never thought i would say that. i am totally with the tumblerine in this one.

#32 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

View Postlady_constantine, on 18 March 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

as for zatanna she really just gives off dom vibes(her and nick necro could possibly be one of those dominant couples looking for bi subs to play with-this is actually a thing) ...yet despite the beauty of dita von teese...never thought zatanna resembled her much. i know in bombshells she looks like katy perry,in new52,she looks more like megan fox (or scarjo...depends on the art) .in zatanna 2010 she spent time looking like mila kunis.and before she looked different.again. ugh! she is so inconsistantly drawn! one of the most inconsistent characters I have seen.it's like they said,lets draw a hotty with black hair and just did whatever.(this is an issue with american characters period,especially females--can we give the jaopanese manga characters points for consitancy? thank you)
The Zatanna as a Dominatrix notion raises a much more interesting question than our Johnny's orientation: does that mean that Batman is a sub as Zee and Bats used to be an item? Mind you, the possibility you raise that Constantine was added to the Zatanna/Necro thing as a unicorn is somewhat plausible.
As for Dita Von Teese, she was cited by both Morrison and Ryan Sook as the main model for Zatanna in the Seven Soldiers miniseries, and when she turned up outside of her own mini for that, the other artists seemed to be following Sook's lead. (If you haven't read that one, btw, you should seek it out: wonderful series.)

#33 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

oh c'mon bruce wayne is so definetly a sub. a guy that has to create a fake persona to do anything proactive, is as a grown man still pampered by his butler, parental issues from here to eternity, rich and succesful like he was imaginery and doesn't kill the bad guys, so they can break out of the asylum and abuse him and his friends again, because he, let's face it, enjoys it. i bet zee rode him with a strapon, while holding a rein attached to a nosehook, while he had to scream ee-or.

#34 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

:ohmy: :laugh: :hattip:
A highly convincing argument.

#35 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

Bruce and zatanna?bruce is so obviosly the sub.not even a question

#36 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, I definitely see that one, about Bruce Wayne. That guy is looking for a mommy figure that he can come to on his knees and get a spanking from when he's been bad. He needs his discipline.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#37 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:24 PM

No wonder why Batman's so into women like Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul. All the tight leather, guns, whips, and druggings... they must turn his knees and much more into melted ice cream.

#38 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

Was Silver St Cloud a top as well, then?

#39 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:17 PM

View Postdogpoet, on 19 March 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Was Silver St Cloud a top as well, then?

been a while since i read those issues! (i don;t have none of that older stuff)anyone got reference??

#40 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

She's the events promoter he's dating in the Steve Englehart issues, who leaves in a hurry when she works out that he's Batman as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users