6 replies to this topic

#1 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

I figured I should start a topic, so we could end out this volumn in the life of someone who is named John Constantine, but seems to not be recognizable as the character named John Constantine who once starred in the pages of Hellblazer.
I'm not sure anyone else is even reading the book, at this point. I don't blame them.
I really have nothing to say about the issue. The art was horrible! Zatanna, Swamp Thing, and Deadman appeared at the end of the issue (Justice League Dark is back, baby! Oh yeah!)....but they were the most horribly drawn versions of said characters I've ever seen.
The author has still not learned to write in 12 issues of this book. The editor needed to help out more. Expository dialogue that goes on for page after page is wearing on the reader. It isn't necessary in a comic book story. This has happened in every issue of this series. The author feels the need at the end of the issue to begin taking up entire pages with meaningless, meandering dialogue. Crowding out the art can only be a good thing in this issue though.
I'm glad DC is killing this next month, although I don't even remember what the plot is about anymore.
Horrible book!
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#2 BobafrigginFeet

BobafrigginFeet

Street Magician

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:24 AM

At this point the book doesn't even exist for me, if that makes sense ??

AN: If Constantine and Lucifer were in a drag down take out no-holds-barred fight, who wins?
MC: Lucifer wins, then as he's walking away he realizes his wallet's gone.

#3 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

Are you hanging on for the final issue so you have the full run then, Christian?

#4 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,378 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hell, yeah! My collection would be incomplete otherwise! Then, I'd have to start obsessing over one of my comic series missing an issue, and the anxiety would just be too great. I need that horrible, horrible fix every month...so, I can stick it in a bag and put it in a box, and never think about it again! Hey, I managed to gut my way through Chuck Austen's run on Uncanny X-Men. If I can survive that, for the sake of owning every issue of Uncanny X-Men, one more issue of this mess isn't going to kill me. I don't think. Now, if Simon Oliver's run goes in the same direction as this series went, I can't guarantee I'll survive, but I'll keep fighting for that complete collection.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#5 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

:laugh:

#6 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

I told everyone that the new52 constantine was better than this and that was a bit lacking...I wantedto beliebve I was wrong but to my horror...I was right.Also...oh my god,the artist! and what have they done to my beautiful zatanna?! and why is she wearing that terrible outfit from JLD ?

I'm done....let us bury this fallacy and start anew
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#7 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

Sounds like I should have stuck it out until the end meself...
:laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users