#21 Rogan

Rogan

Queer Eye For The Cam Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

Slavic languages.
Rule #1 to posting on this forum - don't take anything Rogan says personally, or seriously for that matter!
- John McMahon, Forum High Priest and "The Green Mountain Boy"

Anyway, this is a wonderful series, and I'm eternally in Rogan's debt for bringing it to my attention.
- Mike Carey, on La Bete Noire

"Yes I admit it I did occasionally think you came close to being humorous a few times."
- Electricinca, in conversation with Rogan.

#22 James

James

Chinese bakery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:24 PM

I'm James. I'm ace. Hello!

That's me on the bottom right. I look less like a plasticky vampire thing in real life. I also have eyebrows.

Edit: Left... right... I'm the guy with the gun.

#23 DonnyRover

DonnyRover

Eglantine Price's Bedknob

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:07 PM

B)

Hi, the names Donny aka the SexGod  but you can call me Pete.

As you can see from my avvie, I like to do a bit of glamour modelling on the side.

But main source of income is earned dishonestly, you see I go under the guise of programmer but know f#ck all about it actually and spend most of my time trying to look busy, which can get quite stressfull if you aint got owt to do or dont want to do what you are sposed to do.

I originate from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, home of the infamous Doncaster Rovers Football Club.  Though 6 years ago I was kidnapped by a Swedish viking wench and have been held captive in Stockholm and Oslo ever since.

These forums are my only contact with the outside world so while here please please treat me with kindness and respect.

#24 ManD

ManD

Constanteen PG15

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

Crap. I just got my last registration stuff  the way I liked it,...then I had to do it again. Of course I can't find my old gif or think of anything witty to say.

I'm a 33 year old female. Been reading Hellblazer since college. It's still the only one that I get excited about where I have to read it IN the shop while waiting in line.

I'm an in-house marketing executive. Which is a graphic designer with a more boring haircut.

I have an art degree and an advertising degree. I'm married to an intern architect with a philosophy and religion background - which makes him WAY more interesting than me. His abs are better too.

I have 2 black cats (no kids), I teach dance to 'at risk' girls, I am terrified that Bush is gonna win again, and I like to draw comics. Most of it is childless woman rant stuff. I got in the 24 hour comics day highlights book for 2004, if you're interested. Keep in mind it was 24 hours people! And actually I took a nap too, 'cause I'm old see.

This weekend I'm going to SPXpo in Bethesda, MD. I'm excited.

I enjoyed Bubba Ho-Tep very much. My favorite line is "Shiteater?" "I don't think so."

#25 J. White

J. White

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:07 PM

Josh here...

I'm from Tampa, Florida in the USofA. I'm currently going through my sophomore year in college in southern Virginia. My major is English and concentration in creative writing along with a few other choice interests. I've been frequenting the board for the last two years or so putting my input in with the rest of these lunatics.

Let's see...I like write obviously, and booze with just about everyone I come across. I'm a big fan of movies of almost any kind. Sometimes when I'm not stressed with massive amounts of papers or midterms, I like to write my own stories involving John Constantine. You can find them on the Straight to Hell website in the fan fiction section. I like to think that long after Hellblazer is done and forgotten, I'll bring the bastard back.

Well that's the cliff notes of me anyway. Everything else you can sense on your own.

#26 Pooka

Pooka

Nimble Little Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,735 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

Aw, you all know me...but for those who've forgotten, I'm Beki, I'm 31, I recentley aquired a gorgeous man and a raging sex drive. I have two cats, I'm very, very small and I work with kids with social, emotional and behavioural problems, which is why I get on with Rogan.

Oh, and a bit of zombie carnage every now and again is always nice.

I love Tom Waits.

Make mine a White Russian.
World shut your mouth.

#27 Mr. Tom Willecome

Mr. Tom Willecome

You talk the way stupid people think clever people talk.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (pooka @ Sep 30 2004, 07:12 PM)
Make mine a White Russian.

You heard the lady, that's one caucasian and an iced tea for me, don't skimp on the fucking lemon!

Anyone else want owt?
SPELLCHECK IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!

The Bedford Falls album is now available. PM me if you want one.

What a bunch of pussies.

#28 Charlie K

Charlie K

36 Styles of Danger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:42 PM

Haw haw! Well, you all know me, too. I'm Charlie K. Lou K's brother. One half of the Battlin' K Bros.! Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe! Bring me the bore w - no, I won't say it!

I usually post copiously in Down the Local and lurk in ever other forum because I am months behind in my comic reading.

I'm a regular American guy living in Michigan just west of Detroit. I write. I practice kendo. I am very happily married with a one-year-old son named after my brother, whom I adore. EDIT: Shit, I screwed up the pic somehow. Aw, well, that's Lou Part Two in my avatar!

Mine's a shot and a beer, please.
One half of the Battlin' K Brothers!
Local Color
Founder, Friends of Chelsea
Friend and supporter of More Women In Cat Flaps Society!!

#29 krix

krix

unduly influnced by filthy Keanu lust

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:08 PM

Hello, I'm krix.

I'm a thirty-something female native Las Vegan. I play bass in a band named after a phrase from The Young Ones.

I also run a fansite for Keanu Reeves and originally found myself at Straight to Hell gathering information on Hellblazer after it was announced that Keanu would be portraying John Constantine in the movie. After buying a number of current and back issues as well as several TPBs I've ended up really enjoying the comic*. I'm also completely in love with Tim Bradstreet's artwork.

My position on the upcoming Constantine movie is that while it's a pretty broad leap from the Hellblazer comic, it's going to be a damn good movie and hopefully a huge success for my sweet baboo (Keanu) and also hopefully bring even more new readers to the title.

By the way, my offer of sexual favors to anyone that takes me to the premiere still stands.

This is pretty much the only website I spend any time participating in besides my own. Everyone here has been really great and welcoming to me, even though I'm a *gasp* Keanu fan. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of blokes and ladies to keep company with.

*(I've slacked off a bit buying the monthlies as it's a hassle to get to my favorite shop before it closes, I plan on picking it up again starting with #200. Why can't I subscribe to comics? I'd pay $5 an issue if I could get it mailed to my house.)

#30 Chris

Chris

Pimp of the Year

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:22 PM

Hi, I'm Chris and I'm from New Zealand.

I'm a 20 year old archaeology student in my last year at Otago University. While I'm coherent and not doing school work, I work at a dairy/fast food joint about three feet from my house. I fucking hate it there and I have a feeling I'll start trying to deep-fry customers soon.

I used to be the Pimp of the Year, and my pimp name was Stealth Maestro C. Valentine. I don't know if that still applies here.

Edit: Oh look! It still applies here, thanks John!

I love westerns, specifically the Clint Eastwood ones.

I came to Hellblazer when I heard they were making a movie with Nicholas Cage in it. I have since discovered what a horrible idea this would have been. But hey, it got worse.  unsure.gif

One of my friends referred to me as bad-tempered and nasty. I tried to test this theory by asking a room full of people if they thought this also, but they all seemed to think I was delightful. Advantage: Chris.

Anyway, you decide.

#31 Mr. Tom Willecome

Mr. Tom Willecome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (krix @ Sep 30 2004, 10:08 PM)
Everyone here has been really great and welcoming to me, even though I'm a *gasp* Keanu fan. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of blokes and ladies to keep company with.

Even me! Who'da thunk?

What a bunch of pussies.

#32 Keeyah

Keeyah

foxy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:12 PM

My name is Lisa Marie

If I was a boy my parents were going to call me Michael James.

I am 21 and I live in the South-West of England. I like various comics, music, books and films. I share my home under the rules of Lucky the dog, Jinks the cat, Gambit and Rogue the ferrets, Cabbage the catfish and Thor and Loki the giant-land snails.

I am attracted to men who have tails, pointed ears and fangs. I do not have a boyfriend.

Oh, I also like foxes.  icon_smile.gif
Adopted Sister K!

#33 Jamie

Jamie

Constanteen PG15

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

I'm Jamie. Insomniac bookworm. Age 21. Hi.

Claims to fame? Perennial odds-on favourite for the Lazy Londoner championship but couldn't be arsed to turn up on the day yet. This may help to explain why I'm a state sponging, part-time painting and decorating, two-time uni dropout, rather than a Vertigo-straddling superstar comics writer living Grant Morrison's wet dreams.

Other claims to fame? I'm (sincerely) convinced I saw John Constantine in West End Lane, of all places. He recognised me, too. It's no good reasoning with me about this. My theory is that I'm actually Jamie Delano and I've been implanted with false memories to neutralise my subversive influence on the US comics industry. No heh, no it isn't.

Hobbies? Reading novels. Handing out free cigarettes outside primary schools. Yeah, I'm where the little bastards are getting them all from. Slagging off Guy Ritchie (wanker). Quaffing implausible volumes of tea. Not submitting, or indeed writing, sample scripts for 2000AD. Digging myself deeper into debt on ebay. Eating pistachio nuts. On the crappy 80s stereo lately are David Byrne/Talking Heads, Nusrat Fathe Ali Kahn, Roy Orbison, Dylan obviously. Still ain't got into Miles Davis.

I much, much prefer reading comics in trade and continue to labour under the ever-more irrational and insupportable delusion that this will someday be possible with Carey's run.

#34 andy

andy

Gone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:08 AM

My name is Andy and I am an alcoho...er wait nevermind.

I'm in my early 30s and I picked up my first issue of Hellblazer somewhere on Oxford Street in London in 1988.

I first discovered this site in 1998 during an attempt to try to live in Cairo, Egypt when I needed to find out how Paul Jenkins ended his run.

I studied English Lit. at the University of New Mexico which I feel was a waste of time and money.

I used to travel the world until I moved to California and now I can hardly afford to live.

I called myself Constant Serpentine on the old boards which I was always embarrassed about.
HAPPY IS HE WHO RENOUNCED THE WORLD BEFORE THE WORLD RENOUNCED HIM.

From the Mausoleum of Timur the Lame

#35 Rogan

Rogan

Queer Eye For The Cam Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:16 AM

Andy - i always thought you had the coolest nick on the boards  :(
Rule #1 to posting on this forum - don't take anything Rogan says personally, or seriously for that matter!
- John McMahon, Forum High Priest and "The Green Mountain Boy"

Anyway, this is a wonderful series, and I'm eternally in Rogan's debt for bringing it to my attention.
- Mike Carey, on La Bete Noire

"Yes I admit it I did occasionally think you came close to being humorous a few times."
- Electricinca, in conversation with Rogan.

#36 Claire

Claire

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:22 AM

Hello my name is Claire.

I'm a New Zealander, and spent the first 16 years of my life in a shit hole small town called Gore.
I'm know 21, living in Christchurch, and doing a Fine Arts degree in photography. I still get suprised by people liking me.

I like comics, reading, movies, kung fu and the wonderfully named Lawrence Alexander Curwood, who I've been going out with for the last 5 years.

I have crappy job at Pizza Hut, complete with a stalker customer. I plan on quitting in January.    

Periodically I attempt to make comic books. A successful attempt can be found here-www.geocities.com/claire_truedetective.

#37 Donnie Van

Donnie Van

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:20 AM

Hello, boys and girls.  My name is Donnie Van.  I'm eighteen-years-old, born and raised in Montana, the state of the union where the cattle population outnumbers the human population almost half over again.

Rather than go to college after graduation, I decided to try my hand at being a disgustingly unemployed sponge, and so far, it's been quite nice, if a bit unsatisfying.  Before falling into this pit, I was a dishwasher/cook at a steakhouse frequented by the messiest slobs in America.

I love movies of all kinds, particularly really awful ones.  The one exception is movies with Steven Seagal.  I've seen "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Robot Monster" and "Cat-Women From The Moon" and "Shark Attack 3:  Megalodon" and "Starcrash" and all the other supposed worst movies ... and I still say "Half Past Dead" is the worst film ever made.  I think it was the scene where Ja Rule is trying to teach Seagal how to say "ai-ight!" that pushed it over the top for me.

I'm an avid reader as well.  I've read a good lot of books about how to make movies but have never mustered up the courage to try making my own yet.  I have this great fear that I suffer from Ed Wood Syndrome, in that I'd think my film was just absolutely fucking brilliant, but everyone else would hate it and my name would be synonymous with shitty movies.
As far as comics go, I lean more towards the offbeat that mainstream superhero stuff.  Hellblazer (duh), The Invisibles, Cerebus, Promethea, Flaming Carrot, and those really old Winsor's Little Nemo In Slumberland strips are some of my preferred titles.  Though I should admit I do read JSA.  There's something so great about old people battling evil.  
Uncle Sam is, inexplicably enough, one of my favorite comic characters.  It's not that I'm some sort of overzealous patriotic sap.  I think his appeal is that he's just so damn cheesy that anything he shows up in is automatically better, if that makes any sense.  Some day I'd like to plot a John Constantine/Uncle Sam cross-over.

Like everyone else these days, I write.  Or try to, anyway.  I'm currently working on a series of short stories about a zombie and his best friend who works as an Abraham Lincoln impersonator at a presidentially-themed amusement park.  
I draw as well, although not very well.  I can draw turtles and mushrooms and eightballs and axes and ducks.  Anything other than that comes out looking like shit.

So that's me.

#38 hildegard h.

hildegard h.

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Rogan @ Sep 30 2004, 11:16 PM)
Andy - i always thought you had the coolest nick on the boards  :(

same here... I wonder, how much of the world did you manage to see before settling in California. (can't bring myself to call you "Andy", not yet)

#39 Gordon

Gordon

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:05 AM

People call me (to my face at least) Gordon.

I spend my time researching and writing for oftimes meagre profit in Leeds, a major city in the north of England. I look to be leaving Leeds towards the end of 2005, in order to do a post-grad at reading.

I celebrate my birthday this coming Tuesday.

Am I the only one who finds it a mite odd that we’re doing an introductions thread comprised entirely of people we already know?

#40 Mr. Tom Willecome

Mr. Tom Willecome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Gordon @ Oct 1 2004, 11:05 AM)
in order to do a post-grad at reading.

I'm good at reading but you must be amazing.

What a bunch of pussies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users