#41 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Gordon @ Oct 1 2004, 11:05 AM)
Am I the only one who finds it a mite odd that we’re doing an introductions thread comprised entirely of people we already know?

Yes and no - it's quite nice to get a bit more personal info on people we may know from forum discussions, but don't necessarily have much of a picture of outside of the interweb, and could help newbie forum-ular types get acquainted more easily.
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#42 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Gordon @ Oct 1 2004, 10:05 AM)
Am I the only one who finds it a mite odd that we’re doing an introductions thread comprised entirely of people we already know?

I take your point, but in the longer term we'll have fresher (and hopefully prettier) faces wandering through.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#43 Mr. Tom Willecome

Mr. Tom Willecome

You talk the way stupid people think clever people talk.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:47 AM

Prettier than moi?
SPELLCHECK IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!

The Bedford Falls album is now available. PM me if you want one.

What a bunch of pussies.

#44 DonnyRover

DonnyRover

Eglantine Price's Bedknob

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Donnie Van @ Oct 1 2004, 06:20 AM)
Hello, boys and girls.  My name is Donnie Van. 

Hmmmm...

Not sure this site is big enough for two Donnies....

We'll have to see how it goes...

Just Remember and stick to your "ie" and I'll stick to my "y", ok ?!

#45 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (DonnyRover @ Oct 1 2004, 02:55 PM)
Hmmmm...

Not sure this site is big enough for two Donnies....

We'll have to see how it goes...

Just Remember and stick to your "ie" and I'll stick to my "y", ok ?!

Hate to break it to ya, buddy, but he's been around longer than you have...on the old site, at least.
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#46 DonnyRover

DonnyRover

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:24 PM

Yeh I know that Mark, ... but still.... !!!

(btw dont anybody volunteer me for a duel again, its not my scene !)

Just watch yer step Donnie .... !!!

#47 Atticus

Atticus

Token Scot Home Again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:47 PM

Well, if we're doing the introductions thing........

I'm Hugh, although I'm still not changing my screen name despite what Funk, Mr Tambourine Man, Restless Stranger and the Constant Serpentine may do.
I'm a fairly well preserved (or well pickled) 34, and managed to find my way from Glasgow to London over the course of about 10 years, where I work now as an architect. Just along the road from Mr Tambourine Man, apparently. I've been married to Jenny, (who shall also be known as Mrs Atticus) for nearly 7 years now and she's fabulous.

I read a varied range of comics, from Hellblazer to Batgirl, and used to fancy myself as an amateur comic artist (which Pal & Josh are currently doing their best to encourage me - sorry I'm taking so long guys). I like a pretty wide range of movies, and have a fondness for detective novels (Inspector Rebus & Vice-Questore Aurelio Zen being my two current faves).

I drink far too much red wine, enjoy Guinness when in the pub, G&Ts or gold tequila & lemonade when in the mood for shorts, and expensive single cask malt whiskies even though I can't tell the difference. I like a good smoke although I've recently cut down and unexpectedly found myself in the middle of a drought too.

I spend my spare time watching Celtic on the TV and occaisionally watching Spurs in the South Stand (when my mate gives me his season ticket), sitting at home drinking lots and have dawn-patrol DVD sessions when my wife's away on work. Currently learning Italian at evening classes.

I'm a tireless animal lover, as my 1984 conviction for bestiality will attest...............oh bugger.
What's that film that you love?
What film?
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking lego.

#48 jude

jude

Trenchcoat Brigade

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (andy @ Sep 30 2004, 09:08 PM)
My name is Andy and I am an alcoho...er wait nevermind.

I called myself Constant Serpentine on the old boards which I was always embarrassed about.

Gee -- does this mean I can't call you Constant anymore???   :(

#49 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:12 AM

My name is Lou K and I like all you guys and gals.

I am the other half of the Battlin' K brothers.

I like to party. I like to hang out with my friends, grill up some food, pound brews, drink bourbon whiskey and smoke doobs on any and all occassions.

I have a rediculously large action figure collection. I love video games of all kinds, comic books, sci-fi/horror movies and all kinds of music.

I like getting buzzed and coming here to chat with folks. Everyone is really cool and I feel I've made some good friends.

Sometimes I feel sad that we all can't really party together. :(
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#50 Mr.E.D.Meaner

Mr.E.D.Meaner

Photo Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Lou K @ Oct 2 2004, 01:12 PM)
My name is Lou K and I like all you guys and gals.

I am the other half of the Battlin' K brothers.

I like to party. I like to hang out with my friends, grill up some food, pound brews, drink bourbon whiskey and smoke doobs on any and all occassions.

I have a rediculously large action figure collection. I love video games of all kinds, comic books, sci-fi/horror movies and all kinds of music.

I like getting buzzed and coming here to chat with folks. Everyone is really cool and I feel I've made some good friends.

Sometimes I feel sad that we all can't really party together. :(

This man is also in a 3 piece instrumental band called Joe Brown, with to my knowledge one CD under their belt that is simply superb icon_smile.gif

(Sorryto write on your behalf Lou, but felt it was well worthy of a mention icon_smile.gif)

#51 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:07 AM

Why thank you Ben, you're too kind. icon_biggrin.gif

As it stands, if any of you want to PM me your address I'll send a copy of our CD to you.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#52 andy

andy

Gone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (hildegard h. @ Sep 30 2004, 11:22 PM)
same here... I wonder, how much of the world did you manage to see before settling in California. (can't bring myself to call you "Andy", not yet)

Hpefully I'm not done travelling yet as I've only been to some 30-odd countries mostly in the Middle East and Asia as well as the well-worn parts of old Europe and the then USSR.  Regretably the only part of South America I've ventured in so far is Peru but I would so love to be in the jungles of Brazil during the US election just 'cause I'm so sick of all this hubub.  And if, god willing, I'm ever in Santiago, I'll buy you a drink.
HAPPY IS HE WHO RENOUNCED THE WORLD BEFORE THE WORLD RENOUNCED HIM.

From the Mausoleum of Timur the Lame

#53 andy

andy

Gone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (jude @ Oct 1 2004, 10:23 AM)
Gee -- does this mean I can't call you Constant anymore???   :(

You can call me anything you want babe icon_smile.gif

#54 Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu

Psycho killer, qu'est ce que c'est.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (andy @ Oct 1 2004, 11:55 PM)
Hpefully I'm not done travelling yet as I've only been to some 30-odd countries mostly in the Middle East and Asia as well as the well-worn parts of old Europe and the then USSR. 

you're joking, right? ONLY been to 30 odd countries.....? you Have to be Joking.....
My movie blog: Groundlingspeak

My personal blog: http://abhimanyudas.blogspot.com

#55 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 01:01 PM

I am Talkinghead79. The "Talking Heads" are one of my favorite bands, obviously.
I love reading a story as long I find interesting. Can't get enough music and movies. It is a growing addiction.
I am currently on my way to a degree in Psychology.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#56 andy

andy

Gone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Abhimanyu @ Oct 1 2004, 10:46 PM)
you're joking, right? ONLY been to 30 odd countries.....? you Have to be Joking.....

Well when you stop to think on how big the world is and how many countries exist both officially and unoficially then it does not seem like all that much really....

#57 Qusoor

Qusoor

• Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

I'm John Goodrich.  You may remember me from such threads as "Why we don't have a biography of John Constantine," "Keanu Reeves; Wooden or just stupid?" and "Let's hang Akiva Goldsman from his ankles and throw bottles at him."
John Goodrich

Nerdron Keeper of the Ultimate Hellblazer Index

Does it count as betrayal to give someone a kicking he's been begging for?

#58 Rogan

Rogan

Queer Eye For The Cam Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:47 PM

Some of my favorites, John... (that "biography" one deserves a reprise)...
Rule #1 to posting on this forum - don't take anything Rogan says personally, or seriously for that matter!
- John McMahon, Forum High Priest and "The Green Mountain Boy"

Anyway, this is a wonderful series, and I'm eternally in Rogan's debt for bringing it to my attention.
- Mike Carey, on La Bete Noire

"Yes I admit it I did occasionally think you came close to being humorous a few times."
- Electricinca, in conversation with Rogan.

#59 Pooka

Pooka

Nimble Little Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,735 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:46 PM

I'm Beki, I like kittens, world peace, working with children and my vital statistics are..

Shit, sorry, thought this was Miss Hellblazer World for a moment. Better skip the swimsuit round, eh?

I'm getting really confused with all these people changing their names.

I don't think there's much more I can tell you about myself, without getting out my gynaecological reports. icon_biggrin.gif
World shut your mouth.

#60 Rogan

Rogan

Queer Eye For The Cam Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

How about telling folks your baking inclinations, your love for zombie flicks and videogames, and all that wonderful sex, sex, sex...?
Rule #1 to posting on this forum - don't take anything Rogan says personally, or seriously for that matter!
- John McMahon, Forum High Priest and "The Green Mountain Boy"

Anyway, this is a wonderful series, and I'm eternally in Rogan's debt for bringing it to my attention.
- Mike Carey, on La Bete Noire

"Yes I admit it I did occasionally think you came close to being humorous a few times."
- Electricinca, in conversation with Rogan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users