Constantine S01E13

CNT TV

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Constantine S01E13 (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Man or Astro-Manny ?

1. 1 Angelica Pickles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 Angel from The Rockford Files (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 Loki from Dogma (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 Bartleby from Dogma (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 Azrael from Dogma (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. 6 Charlie's Angels (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 7 Angel Interceptor (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 8 There must be an angel playing with my heart (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

9. 9 Manny (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

10. 10 Lucifer (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

his wallet, his phone, his car and his gun. john stripped him pretty clean ^^

oh and for manny.... called it CALLED IT :boogie:

that was an excellent episode. it was a wee to casual to be a finale of a season, or a whole series. let's hope we get more of this. a lot of the series is so promising.

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#22 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostConman33, on 15 February 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

I assume Matt stole Papa's wallet because that coat looks like it costed a pretty penny.

There's a thought!
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#23 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

There's really very little more one could reasonably have asked for from that episode. It didn't feel like a finale, but as it wasn't meant to be one when it was originally written, I'm glad they didn't butcher the story in order to bring things to a forced climax just because the season was shortened. An extremely solid, surprisingly accurate adaptation of 'Waiting for the Man', with a few nice touches thrown in for us fans (4 Delano Street was a cute nod), and not undermined too badly by being interspersed with a load of other stuff developing the show's own story.

That final scene between John and Manny was pretty much exactly the way I'd want to see the character represented on screen. Whatever else happens in future, we can now say that we've seen a TV show in which John Constantine asks an angel to hold his cock for him while he has a piss under a bridge and then lights a cigarette and walks off into the rain, trench coat flapping in the wind. Which is nice.
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#24 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

That ending was ace. I kinda guessed that was where it was heading, but still really cool. [ Spoiler : However, I don't think Manny's actually a head honcho in Hell, but rather a more Gabriel-type. He probably still thinks he's doing good. To back this up: John's magic circle didn't hinder him in the episode with Imogen. ]
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#25 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostMark, on 16 February 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Whatever else happens in future, we can now say that we've seen a TV show in which John Constantine asks an angel to hold his cock for him while he has a piss under a bridge and then lights a cigarette and walks off into the rain, trench coat flapping in the wind. Which is nice.

yep. that scene was as much john constantine as it gets. and if that is the end, it is a somewhat fitting one. would youu rather have john take a piss and walk out, or have him in a bar with milligan?

View PostRed, on 16 February 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

That ending was ace. I kinda guessed that was where it was heading, but still really cool. [ Spoiler : However, I don't think Manny's actually a head honcho in Hell, but rather a more Gabriel-type. He probably still thinks he's doing good. To back this up: John's magic circle didn't hinder him in the episode with Imogen. ]

the real question is: what does he want with john? i mean he is not THE john constantine. as in: not the guy that can walk into a little bar like 'bewitched' and make everyone there piss their pants just by lighting a cigarette. not yet. still it seems an odd thing to do, putting john amidst your end game scheme.

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#26 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,315 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. The show was starting to lose me for a time, but this episode was one of the best. I've been very disappointed with episodes attempting to adapt stories directly from the comic book, feeling that they've failed more times than not on this show/ I liked seeing them going in their own direction with Constantine moreso. They did a great job with this "Waiting for The Man" story though.
The ending worked well also. I was really growing tired of the angel. They needed some sort of twist, and that's exactly what it was in this episode.

As a season filnale, it might not have been as strong as a lot of TV shows use, but there was a cliff-hanger ending. As a series finale, that would be a shame, but it wasn't like they were expecting that to be the end either.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#27 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 16 February 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostMark, on 16 February 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Whatever else happens in future, we can now say that we've seen a TV show in which John Constantine asks an angel to hold his cock for him while he has a piss under a bridge and then lights a cigarette and walks off into the rain, trench coat flapping in the wind. Which is nice.

yep. that scene was as much john constantine as it gets. and if that is the end, it is a somewhat fitting one. would youu rather have john take a piss and walk out, or have him in a bar with milligan?

View PostRed, on 16 February 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

the real question is: what does he want with john? i mean he is not THE john constantine. as in: not the guy that can walk into a little bar like 'bewitched' and make everyone there piss their pants just by lighting a cigarette. not yet. still it seems an odd thing to do, putting john amidst your end game scheme.

Thank you, seventh for reminding me why I should give Milligan the Steranko
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#28 Balthazar

Balthazar

Token Black Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

You know, since Day 1 pilot I kept wondering, "Why aren't they just naming him Gabriel?" Heh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users