i think it was a really good episode, still the last one was better, at least as a standalone. the magical wristwatchcrystalthingy was... ugh. too much gadgets, but they needed that to explain, how chas could find that ghost. still meh. i still need time to accept the spectre coming into constantine, not as a cameo (like dr mist) but seemingly as part of the story. i still don't like immortal chas.
apart from that. great great episode. character arcs and overall season arc driven forward. i loved, LOVED how they added depth to the papa and the actor nails all his lines. corrigan, i do not know enough spectre to know if they hit they hit spot on, but the writers certainly made clear he has some unexplored issues (alcohol...), that he is a good guy and i loved the acting of the man. really i mean papa and corrigan have both great chemistry with john (the actors) and watching them doing their job was really nice. chas and zed still fall off a bit imo, but they get better every episode (again i mean the actors). as a standalone the story was a nice little tale, pinning multiple references, did not waste to much time on stuff that has already been done and got meta enough to tell something decent. also worth mentioning: the supporting cast was like miles ahead of that of episode two.
conclusion: second best episode so far. gave it a six (based on what i said, that ep4* will be know treated as a reference 7).
ok here is my theory on the betrayal:
- i expect the rising darkness arc to being laid out already already when the first episode was filmed
- there is no evidence to suggest that liv would have had the same backstory as zed -> zeds backstory is not connected to the season 1 arc
- chas will under no circumstances betray john
- that leaves manny. i like that guy no bit, mind you.
- manny has an interest in john, that has yet to be explained
- he is most likely to play his own game. an angel that betrays john would only fit to a hb based show.
- the only thing so far manny has done, is to try to get johns trust. ergo he wanted john to be involved in the darkness stuff, because john can add something, that manny needs.
Demon Chas08, on 22 November 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:
EDIT: 3 hours on and its still no.2 in Twitter trending. How's that for breaking the internet?
was that global or 'just' nationwide?
Demon Chas08, on 22 November 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:
Shit, I think I found my new Unbound Doctor cosplay idea. One more colorful jacket and its smooth sailing
if that is you on that profilepic in your twitter, you could very well pull off an excellent hb issue 1 papa cosplay.
JohnMcMahon, on 22 November 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:
ok keep that promise and i am all yours, mr cerone.
*woops meant ep4 not 3.
Edited by seventhcircle, 22 November 2014 - 08:54 PM.