Jump to content


- - - - -

Hellblazer #300


  • Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellblazer #300 (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Your marks out of 10 for Hellblazer #300, please...

  1. 10 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 9 (1 votes [4.35%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.35%

  3. 8 (1 votes [4.35%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.35%

  4. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. 5 (4 votes [17.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.39%

  7. 4 (4 votes [17.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.39%

  8. 3 (2 votes [8.70%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.70%

  9. 2 (3 votes [13.04%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.04%

  10. 1 (5 votes [21.74%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.74%

  11. Zero (3 votes [13.04%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Christian

Christian

    The Last One

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brigadoon

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

I was trying to remember who Julian was....yeah, that was the part that first made me hate Epiphany.

I don't have a problem with John dating a younger woman. Do I think it's the best choice for John? Not really. At the same time, there is precedent, in that Angie was much younger than John, although not as young as Epiphany. The whole meeting her when she was still a little girl part, yeah, Milligan could have left that part far away.
Epiphany was of legal age though.
Like I said, it's not totally in keeping with John's character, considering that his earlier relationships were with Zed, Kit, and Dani....all about the same age as John. You could say that John started to go through a mid-life crisis though, and changed who he was interested in.
Perhaps it's not so surprising that I was the least interested in Angie and Epiphany as John's lovers, although Angie was nowhere near as annoying as Epiphany.

Let's not forget that Milligan also gave us "Demon John attempts to rape Gemma, which she believes is actually her uncle" to drive home the whole creepiness factor.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#202 ElrazielMoon

ElrazielMoon

    Constanteen PG15

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

well yes, the raping of Gemma was definitively too forced and i could make a list of argumental mistakes commited by Milligan, and yes, he commited the worst crime in literature and comic: to force a history, and yes, the chapters from 250 to 300 had too much mistakes and failures, but also had some aspects with great potential, so I could give you this crazy idea: what if we make the exercise of remaking the history in this forum?

#203 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

    Hogwarts Graduate

  • Members
  • 387 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:philadelphia ,PA

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

--nah...was definitely an author desire thing ...never said she couldn't be younger--but that was too young and left field and was the ultimate jail baitwait..and the factshesoon hooked upwithfinn--actually,if they were together for a shorter time andshe skipped out on him with Finn soon after...yeah,but it screamed dirty old man fantasy--. I also think Finn could've been an interesting and well written character and --hate me for this--next in line to be 'the laughing magician' .

as I said before,one of the things about milligan is that by the time he got to constantine,he was at a period in his life where he should've at least been wiser about his decisions[julian...especially julian] and gemma....and if thatevil constantine is part of constantine...is he trying to imply john wanted to fuck his niece/hated her for whatever reason? i did not get that part...and then that was what led to his demise or whatever happened at the end? i
felel like the end was very anti-climatic.

i feel like miligan had some neat ideas but  poorly executed.
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#204 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

    Hogwarts Graduate

  • Members
  • 387 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:philadelphia ,PA

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostElrazielMoon, on 09 July 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

well yes, the raping of Gemma was definitively too forced and i could make a list of argumental mistakes commited by Milligan, and yes, he commited the worst crime in literature and comic: to force a history, and yes, the chapters from 250 to 300 had too much mistakes and failures, but also had some aspects with great potential, so I could give you this crazy idea: what if we make the exercise of remaking the history in this forum?

i think remaking a history would  be rather fun idea :) why not?
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#205 ElrazielMoon

ElrazielMoon

    Constanteen PG15

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

View Postlady_constantine, on 09 July 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostElrazielMoon, on 09 July 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

well yes, the raping of Gemma was definitively too forced and i could make a list of argumental mistakes commited by Milligan, and yes, he commited the worst crime in literature and comic: to force a history, and yes, the chapters from 250 to 300 had too much mistakes and failures, but also had some aspects with great potential, so I could give you this crazy idea: what if we make the exercise of remaking the history in this forum?

i think remaking a history would  be rather fun idea :) why not?

yeah, Lady, we agree in the fact that those chapters had their potential, so Why not?

But there should be a forum just for this

so... I am first? or who?

#206 ElrazielMoon

ElrazielMoon

    Constanteen PG15

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

for anyone that could be interested, there are the thread for the remaking:

http://hellblazer.ip...519#entry379251

#207 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Don't get me started on Finn: another mistake of Milligan's. The only way he would work is if he was born the same time as Tricia Chandler or just have him be a distant younger cousin from Auntie Jean's side of the family. But NOOPE! Fuck logic
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#208 ElrazielMoon

ElrazielMoon

    Constanteen PG15

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostDemon Chas08, on 11 July 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

Don't get me started on Finn: another mistake of Milligan's. The only way he would work is if he was born the same time as Tricia Chandler or just have him be a distant younger cousin from Auntie Jean's side of the family. But NOOPE! Fuck logic

As I said: just a fill charachter without a real relevance on history (yes, from time to time is good to have some of these, but Milligan made a mediocre atempt to give him some relevance and this just made things worse)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users