72 replies to this topic

#41 TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image
thanks to john constantine , i'll now wear trench coats, smoke and drink constantly, talk in a british accent, get a sting haircut, fuck lots and lots of people, start a punk band, piss off people on a daily basis for shits and giggles, and literally piss on vampires and trick demons into curing my cancer.

like a BOSS.

#42 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

I'm happy we get to see more Matt Ryan as John but there is the whole John chillin with DC capes paradox that I have no use for. I hate that he's in that universe. It's being a kid and one of your relatives dies and people who should know better keep saying shit like "gramma's in a better place. she's in heaven now." Bullshit, gramma's in a a hole in the ground, if that's a better plave, then gramma's life musta sucked. Does anyone get what I'm saying? of course beggars can't be choosers and I'm glad to see Matt'sd able to pay his bills. And he was so horribly shortchanged by a shitty network I have no use for at all now that his show's gone.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#43 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

View Postslinker, on 14 September 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

there is the whole John chillin with DC capes paradox that I have no use for.

That bugged me during John's opening monologue in the first issue of the latest comic series, when he's putting his usual bullshit in the context of superheroes being all over the shop it certainly loses something.  I seem to recall Rick Veitch making good use of the DCU setting during his Swamp Thing run, so it can be done but....
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#44 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

my body is ready

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#45 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

It's being a kid and one of your relatives dies and people who should know better keep saying shit like "gramma's in a better place. she's in heaven now." Bullshit, gramma's in a a hole in the ground, if that's a better plave, then gramma's life musta sucked. Does anyone get what I'm saying?
Wouldn't a better example be when a relative dies and people who should know better keep saying "well...at least grandma ain't no virgin before she died, huh?! Huh?!"

#46 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 16 September 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

It's being a kid and one of your relatives dies and people who should know better keep saying shit like "gramma's in a better place. she's in heaven now." Bullshit, gramma's in a a hole in the ground, if that's a better plave, then gramma's life musta sucked. Does anyone get what I'm saying?
Wouldn't a better example be when a relative dies and people who should know better keep saying "well...at least grandma ain't no virgin before she died, huh?! Huh?!"
holy fuck mate

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.

#47 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 16 September 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

holy fuck mate
Quite the funeral that would be, huh?

#48 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 16 September 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

holy fuck mate
Posted Image
alternatively and appropriatly distasteful:
Spoiler

#49 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:14 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 16 September 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

holy fuck mate
Posted Image
Spoiler
I blame Hellblazer for our strange sense of humor

#50 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

http://www.comicbook...arance-revealed

episode details

#51 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:48 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=UZzuwkqrMw0

Posted Image

#52 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

#53 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

it's already out in the torrents. it's dull. sorry.

[ Spoiler : john mostly is just flashback fodder and his realtime appearance is ridiculous. he fights with a sword. ]

#54 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

View Postslinker, on 02 November 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

[ Spoiler : john mostly is just flashback fodder and his realtime appearance is ridiculous. he fights with a sword. ]

Yeeeah that WAS pretty out of character but I still enjoyed it for what its worth

#55 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:19 PM

View Postslinker, on 02 November 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

Ugh!! I knew it!!!. This is why the likes of the Arrow camp can't be trusted with our John
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#56 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

View PostTheDevilYouKnow, on 13 September 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Posted Image
lol'd so hard
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#57 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 16 September 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

View Postseventhcircle, on 16 September 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

holy fuck mate
Posted Image
Spoiler
I blame Hellblazer for our strange sense of humor
WHY
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#58 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:26 AM

But in all honest,our John is in fact a DCU character of origin.Showed up in the swamp thing back in the day,so yeah.What is not cool is the way they handle it.Injustice constantine was perfect ,period.

for the most part he'd hang out with the creep types like deadman man,xanadu,he did meet shade the changing man in helblazer and he banged zatanna,and the nightmare nurse,and xanadu.plus in smallville he knew raven,etc.it's not so much john shouldn't be in dcu...just that'd he's likely to show up when he needs something or when the others get desperate...REAL desperate.

case in point the beginning oof justice league dark,superman and cyborg and wonderwoamn were up against powerful magic and were getting curb stomped.cuye the jld to show up.

i can easily see a situation when a cape is getting trounced by a demon or somethin',john shows up works his magic and now you're in debt to him.and because you're a hero,you'll help.and if you don't,you can bet he's got a shotgun with kryptonite in it somewhere,not to mention he'll 'borrow'  wonder woman's golden lasso,and probably pickpocket catwoman because he can.the creep followed that chick from gemworld so he could pick up the damn summon stone.

#59 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

Matt Ryan interview on CBR about Constantine on Arrow
http://www.comicbook...breaking_banner

#60 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

nope, just because you were born some place doesnt mean you're a resident. you might've got the fuck out quick as you can and never looked back, as i imagine our john to have done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crossover, john constantine, oliver queen, constantine, arrow, sherwood forest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users