75 replies to this topic

#61 Tony B.

Tony B.

Giant Halfling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

I was chuckling like Butthead throughout the entire movie.

I laughed the hardest at:
Spoiler

"I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth."

"No I'll tell you what's gonna happen, she can take half your shit man. She can take half your car, half the trailer park, half your video game, she can even take half your cigarettes Ricky."

#62 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

or later when
Spoiler

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#63 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostTony B., on 18 September 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

I laughed the hardest at:
Spoiler

definitely the best line of the whole movie.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#64 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.

#65 Rogan

Rogan

Queer Eye For The Cam Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Rewatched it this weekend with my dad, who hasn't seen it. It's better on the second go, for me [I wasn't too taken by it first time 'round, it was okay, but I was a bit underwhelmed, despite the nifty cast and some really decent zingers.]

[Maybe my dad saying "I am Groot" every 5 minutes for the 2nd half of the movie contributed to my enjoyment.]
Rule #1 to posting on this forum - don't take anything Rogan says personally, or seriously for that matter!
- John McMahon, Forum High Priest and "The Green Mountain Boy"

Anyway, this is a wonderful series, and I'm eternally in Rogan's debt for bringing it to my attention.
- Mike Carey, on La Bete Noire

"Yes I admit it I did occasionally think you came close to being humorous a few times."
- Electricinca, in conversation with Rogan.

#66 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Sure can't wait to watch this again. Hopefully I get the BR soon.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#67 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

any ideas in who peters father might be. gunn has stated at some point, that he is not following continuity on this one and also, why would the nova copr think that sparta(x) has an ancient unknown species, i mean the sparta(x) empire is pretty widely known in both incarnations of starlord.

asgard maybe?

http://www.newsarama...-all-along.html
has some good points, i think.
although, i do not think that the collector is more than a nod to the character in comics. making the collector an eternal elder of the universe* would mean that they introduce the eternals, who are in comparison to the other mcu characters rather obscure and would contribute not a lot to the story, yes? and second, why wouldn't he go full blown menace, when the infinity stone lay in front of him?

*whoops

Edited by seventhcircle, 09 February 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#68 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

The only thing about Asgard though is wouldn't Heimdall have seen him? Not like yondu could have hidden quill from Heimdall

~ James

Posted Image

#69 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

hm good point. any other guesses?
the xandar should know the eternals of titan, since thanos is one (if they don't, maybe thanos? or kronos? like if they mixed up the original background of drax or moondragon with peter?)

#70 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Adam Warlock?

I can't say I know much about the cosmic Marvel U

~ James

Posted Image

#71 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

hm me neither, up until now i was under the assumption, that adam was created by the high evolutionary. (apparantly not)

it's more of a question, what story they would want to tell in the greater (mcu) scheme of things. i mean basically it makes no sense to build up thanos (who i guess can be considered near cosmic) and then throw in some cosmic entity with him, from a storytelling point of few at least.

#72 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

guardians 2 concept art
Posted Image

#73 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,309 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Sorry, the forum's resident Marvel expert wasn't paying attention.
Adam Warlock was created by the "Beehive", which was a group of four scientists whose goal was to create a new humanity, without the flaws of the human race, which would do the bidding of scientists. Warlock was originally referred to as "Him", before he developed his own personality. Obviously, Warlock immediately rebelled against the "Beehive".
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#74 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Guardians 2 was a pretty fun romp. Doesn't have that exact feeling of freshness that the first one did, but there's enough good action, visuals, and dialogue to make the two hours breeze by. I found [ Spoiler : Ego the Living Planet ] to be a better villain that Ronan from the first one, though maybe that was just my love of [ Spoiler : Kurt Russell ] skewing things.

I was pretty surprised to see the [ Spoiler : Watchers popping up in the Stan Lee cameo ]. I thought they'd be tied up with the Fantastic Four rights at Fox instead.

I wonder with the tease for [ Spoiler : Adam Warlock in the credits, will he be showing up in Avengers Infinity War first or will he be saved for Guardians III? ].

#75 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,309 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

I believe it's based more on what characters have appeared in what movie, versus what characters belong to which comic family of titles.
So, Silver Surfer is off-limits, because he appeared in the Fantastic Four movie.
Had Silver Surfer never been in any movies yet, the studios would have the ability to use Silver Surfer in any upcoming movies, if they so chose, even though Silver Surfer is a character who is predominantly associated with the Fantastic Four family of titles. They could've used him in the up-coming Infinity movie, or they could have launched him in his own film, or whatever.
Most of the mutant line of characters were tied up by FOX, but that's mainly just because most of the mutant characters are directly involved with the X-Men comic book. Marvel were able to get around that with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, by including them in Avengers, rather than having them lumped in with other mutant characters. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are more affiliated with the Avengers family of titles rather than any X-Men comics, pretty much, anyway. They haven't been utilized in any X-Men family of comics since the Stan Lee days of writing X-Men, really.
Quicksilver was in X-Factor, though.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#76 Avaunt

Avaunt

Doesn't actually mean lawful nice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,459 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

That whole "property" thing strikes me as stupidity on steroids. People like us are going to go see comic movies. People who don't care what they watch, ditto.

So the all other people are only going to go to any particular movie if something attracts their attention to it.

How is "Oh look, Silver Surfer is in this movie, I will go watch it" not a good thing for people who have movies with these sort of characters in them?. People get a second dose of YOUR character at some other studios expense, then when you come back ten years after the first movie you made, you automatically benefit from the "advertising" of the other peoples movie.

The only way it could be a bad thing that I can think of, is if someone put your Aquaman character in their movie, cause he sucks.
"A novel, according to my taste, does not come into the first class unless it contains some person whom one can thoroughly love, and if a petty woman all the better.
C.Darwin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users