• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

Anyone hear about this ? Apparently Johnny boy appears in Justice League Action ( along with a Mark Hamill voiced Swamp Thing, which I don't find fitting at all as much as I love Hamill but whatever ) , voiced by.... some dude I have no clue of their identity , honestly, lol. I'm having an absolute bitch of a time finding the actual video clip, but here's a picture I managed to find :

Posted Image
thanks to john constantine , i'll now wear trench coats, smoke and drink constantly, talk in a british accent, get a sting haircut, fuck lots and lots of people, start a punk band, piss off people on a daily basis for shits and giggles, and literally piss on vampires and trick demons into curing my cancer.

like a BOSS.

#2 BobafrigginFeet

BobafrigginFeet

Street Magician

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

no stubble :/

AN: If Constantine and Lucifer were in a drag down take out no-holds-barred fight, who wins?
MC: Lucifer wins, then as he's walking away he realizes his wallet's gone.

#3 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:15 PM

I saw it. And Holy shit is he a character in this.  Basically in this episode, he was hit with a "accent-exaggerating" spell that makes him talk like the most stereotypical British prat you've ever seeen.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

https://www.youtube....h?v=bLZ2XBDIo1E
Think Flanders from the Simpsons but with a British tongue.

And also, get this; in this show, he doesn't smoke. No no, he eats lollipops. LOLIPOPS! lol
Posted Image

#4 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

*sigh*
And just like that Cartoon Network is officially dead to me
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#5 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 19 December 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

And also, get this; in this show, he doesn't smoke. No no, he eats lollipops. LOLIPOPS! lol

Jesus Christ my prediction came true!

#6 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,277 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'm sorry, this is my new favourite thing -

Posted Image
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#7 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,413 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

To be fair, I think that the cartoon was giving a sly nod to Kojak by giving him lollipops.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#8 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Not if he didn't shave his head.
(And what's going on with the eyeliner? Can he still be pomosexual on a kids' show?)

#9 Pooka

Pooka

Nimble Little Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,735 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Batman talks about the brothers gin, so I guess they're all drunk.
World shut your mouth.

#10 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

Also I like this version of John. It's cute.

#11 TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

It's just .... after a Constantine movie that WAS R rated, but almost the complete antithesis of who John is, and a show on NBC that allowed some freedom as episodes went on but at first kind of neutered the character, and appearances on CW plus a possible return of said show ( even though that's highly unlikely ) on CW that could neuter the character even MORE, and now this.... It's like , why ? Why is a straight up, unadulterated, 100 percent adaptation of Hellblazer John with NO restrictions such a big fucking thing to ask for at this point ?!?! Friggin' Deadpool was allowed that, and he was put into a kid's cartoon before John even was. And we had to wait decades for the same to happen with Wolverine, only for it to be the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie anyway... It's John's turn by now.

Of course, Deadpool and Wolvie are much more popular characters , so maybe they're not the best examples... Lol
thanks to john constantine , i'll now wear trench coats, smoke and drink constantly, talk in a british accent, get a sting haircut, fuck lots and lots of people, start a punk band, piss off people on a daily basis for shits and giggles, and literally piss on vampires and trick demons into curing my cancer.

like a BOSS.

#12 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostTheDevilYouKnow, on 24 December 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

It's just .... after a Constantine movie that WAS R rated, but almost the complete antithesis of who John is, and a show on NBC that allowed some freedom as episodes went on but at first kind of neutered the character, and appearances on CW plus a possible return of said show ( even though that's highly unlikely ) on CW that could neuter the character even MORE, and now this.... It's like , why ? Why is a straight up, unadulterated, 100 percent adaptation of Hellblazer John with NO restrictions such a big fucking thing to ask for at this point ?!?! Friggin' Deadpool was allowed that, and he was put into a kid's cartoon before John even was. And we had to wait decades for the same to happen with Wolverine, only for it to be the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie anyway... It's John's turn by now.

Of course, Deadpool and Wolvie are much more popular characters , so maybe they're not the best examples... Lol

Pretty sure the 2005 eyesore was PG-13
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#13 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,413 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:39 AM

IMDB is actually showing the rating as R.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#14 TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostDemon Chas08, on 25 December 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Pretty sure the 2005 eyesore was PG-13

And I'm 100 percent sure you're mistaken :

Posted Image

I mean, there's bits of naughty language sprinkled in the movie, too, but I guess the MPAA weren't paying attention ?

Tbh, though , I liked the movie for what it is. I consider it an Elseworld's story more than anything else now. Plus, Peter Stormare steals the show as Lucifer. That was probably one of the best film versions of The Devil I've seen.  Shia LaBeouf as Chas is still a trash idea, though.

like a BOSS.

#15 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

that constantine movie was damn good--but we all know that wasn't john  constantine, that was nick necro

this thing with him and the lolipops and all that ...this hurt me :(

at this point they're just trynna bleed money from our boy john in anyway they can because everyone's running outta  ideas and since he's relatively  obscure  along,they can get away with so much shit.The days of Hellblazer is long,long,long gone so I think we need to let it go.

silver lining

If  he gets popular enough,somebody may actually make a good as story/movie/animation or whatever about him.The MCU did damn  good adaptions of their stuff and some of that stands up to source material.
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#16 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

The tiny clip of the animation above is pretty fun, if we're honest (and I love the accent exaggerating spell and Batman having to interpret thing: given that Swamp Thing's there, I wonder if that's taking the piss out of the comedy accent Nancy Collins gave the lad during her stint writing that?), but I do agree that there has to be some reason why they used Constantine for that, rather than one of the other occultists and demonologists in the DCU. You'd have thought this was the sort of situation Jason Blood might be able to sort out pretty fast, and Zatanna is actually a JLA member, so why him rather than them? I'd suspect that rather trying to bleed money from the boy Johnny, they're trying to keep his profile as elevated as they can in case this JLA Dark film should actually happen. At this point he's a character with a long and distinguished history who've they've been trying to retrofit back into the mainstream DCU for six or seven years without trashing the good stuff about the character, with a fairly limited amount of success, after all.

#17 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

i think the first hb-comic i ever read was the one were he looks for an ex-lover that  was turned into some kind of magical fetish by this other weird magician and then killed off.

its strange to see him now in this show...

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#18 dogpoet

dogpoet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Haunted by Warren Ellis?

#19 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

jop, i think it was brilliant.

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#20 BobafrigginFeet

BobafrigginFeet

Street Magician

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=VcNYCct46GI
This is really weird

AN: If Constantine and Lucifer were in a drag down take out no-holds-barred fight, who wins?
MC: Lucifer wins, then as he's walking away he realizes his wallet's gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users