6 replies to this topic

#1 draculpy

draculpy

Constanteen PG15

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

Hello all,

I am new to the community and wanna say hello to all !!! ... :)

And i have a question too if someone cqn help me out, i have recently start reading Hellblazer and i am about at the 11th comic.

I really like it so far, but at comic number 9, at the very end john goes to his appartment and find out his landlady and his neighbour dead, actually dismember qnd all, and for some reason after a few words he find out the name of his demon enemy "Nergal" ... my question is this ... How did john found out the name ??

I have read the comic several times and i dont see how, they have an encou ter earlier at the hospital when he gives john his blood and acyually john ask him his name, but the deamon did not tell, after that they do not speak, and some how john find out the name anyhow ...

I am new to this comic and english is not my natural language, so please be kind :) .... please avoid spoilers too !!!

In case the answer to my question is answered later on then just tell me that ill read with patience

Thanks all !!!

#2 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hello!

During the hospital scene, the demon says "The name of Nergal is not to be trifled with... but this you know already," as well as a lot of things that suggest they've encountered each other before.

Later, the same demon tells him 'remember Newcastle,' and John realises it's the one he faced back then. The main problem in Newcastle was that he didn't know the demon's name. Now he realises that he's been told it.
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#3 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

Nice summary, Gwilym!

Welcome to the forum drac, you've some quality comic reading ahead of you so enjoy.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#4 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Welcome. And may your feels and despair be tamed as you continue reading Hellblazer.

#5 draculpy

draculpy

Constanteen PG15

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

Thanks guys !!! ... :)

#6 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

I hope you stick around and keep posting your thoughts as you read; we love hearing from new folk
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#7 JasonT

JasonT

Stressing over cat urine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Welcome aboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users