3 replies to this topic

#1 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hi I recently started drawing again after a lot of years and now that i have the equipment to do it digitally i can also fill the white void between the lines but... for the first real try i have some issues choosing good colors.
attached you will find the pencil drawing, i have it inked already (and fixed some of the stuff i didn't like in this one). anyway i want to go for a demonish kinda not from this world look. And a main blackish look would be boring. Have you guys any suggestions, please?
Posted Image

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#2 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hehe, nice work. My mind instantly goes to pus yellow, with green tinges and other colours of decay and infection. I have just been playing Dead Space, though, where you're basically fighting corrupted rotten corpses for the entire game, so I'm sure that's affected me.

I've had the same trouble with colouring; I've always been a biro drawer, and once I got an art tablet I was completely overwhelmed by the vast palette suddenly available. To the point where I think it's been a year since I last plugged it in! It's a really alien concept bringing colour to something I conceived as a line drawing. I do wonder if maybe it's just a sign that I didn't conceive it enough.
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#3 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

thank you :hattip:  i think i can see it now :boogie:
i hope i get the look without it looking too zombieish.
will post the update when i am finished and satisfied (which will take a while :smile: )

cheers

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.

#4 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

i started working o it again and this is what i have so far. inking at least halfway decent is a fucking pain in the ass. working from right to left and currently halfway through inking shadows in.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users