World shut your mouth.

#262 Avaunt

Avaunt

Doesn't actually mean lawful nice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Me too. I notice that your female portraiture is always, hmm, can I say "More engaged" than maybe your male portraiture?.

:)

Kind of like your fingers are saying "oh yes, some bloke, well, I will give it a shot" one moment, then "Oh yes, yes indeed, curves, I got a thing for curves, bay-bee"

I wish I could draw as well as you do. But not enough to actually invest the sort of determination that would gain me it as a skill, obviously.
"A novel, according to my taste, does not come into the first class unless it contains some person whom one can thoroughly love, and if a petty woman all the better.
C.Darwin.

#263 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

View PostAvaunt, on 30 July 2011 - 06:06 AM, said:

Me too. I notice that your female portraiture is always, hmm, can I say "More engaged" than maybe your male portraiture?.

:)

Kind of like your fingers are saying "oh yes, some bloke, well, I will give it a shot" one moment, then "Oh yes, yes indeed, curves, I got a thing for curves, bay-bee"

I wish I could draw as well as you do. But not enough to actually invest the sort of determination that would gain me it as a skill, obviously.

well, I definitely prefer the female form, yeah. That said, I thought the drawing of Serge Gainsbourg on the previous post was quite ok. the thing is, all those girls on the previous page (exceot the one with the huge spider of course) were done as five to ten minute sketches during train rides. it helps you really focus on getting every line right, the time constraint. there's a live drawing sesion coming up in September with a bunch of burlesque models which I'll be attending so you should see even more curves on display then! :blush:
Pigfaced wizards must die.

#264 Balthazar

Balthazar

Token Black Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sethos, you absolutely rock! :laugh: :laugh:

Posted Image

#265 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Thanks man!

two new train girl sketches, done today, first one from Utrecht to Amsterdam, second one on the way back:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#266 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

more new train girls! FYI, all of these are done in A6 sized sketchbooks. I switch between Fabriano Venezia (which have the best paper stock but are difficult to get and have binding that is so tight they are nearly impossible to lay down flat without breaking/cracking the book's spine) and Derwent Safari (the drawings on the yellowy/cream coloured pages, it's a Moleskine ripoff but with much better paper. not as good as the Venezia though).

done this past week, she had her sunglasses on the whole trip from Amsterdam to Utrecht:
Posted Image

I like how I did her coat:
Posted Image

her hair was bright yellow and orange, would have done it in colour if I'd brought my watercolour set:
Posted Image

I'm getting decent at drawing ladies' bags:
Posted Image

she had lovely hair. her eyelashes weren't really that long, pen skipped due to bumpy trainride:
Posted Image

everybody seems to be checking their phones all the time during train trips these days:
Posted Image

this one was a really fast one, approx 2 minutes excluding inkwash. You can't see it very well on the drawing (it's a big scan but the actual size was about 3x3 inches) but she has a lip ring:
Posted Image

cute Maroccan/Arabic looking girl (gorgeous hair, and hey, she's not checking her phone!):
Posted Image

loved her thick hair, happy with the way I managed to do draw the fabric of her coat:
Posted Image

this one saw me drawing her, wanted to see the sketch. not sure what she thought of it, she only asked as we were rolling into Utrecht station so we both had to leave the train:
Posted Image

and here's the most recent one (done the day before yesterday). Asian girl checking her iphone, while her earphones were plugged into some other device in her pocket. cyberpunk, man! Also, for some reason I did this in an almost Simon Gane style. not that that's a bad thing, I love his stuff.
Posted Image

#267 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Aha, train girls! Looking good, sethos! Well done.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#268 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thanks Lou!

here are some sketches from a Dr. Sketchy's Amsterdam Edition session in January (new one this weekend, so should have more drawings after the weekend):

two minute sketch:
Posted Image

five minute sketch:
Posted Image

Twenty minute sketch:
Posted Image

#269 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Very sexy

~ James

Posted Image

#270 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostLou K, on 05 April 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Very sexy

have to say, two of the models (both of them were into that 20 minute pose) were incredibly hot.

#271 sethos

sethos

Savior of hedgehogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

one of tonight's Dr. Sketchy's  model #1 had huge breasts for her quite small frame, I found it hard to draw them in their true size for some reason. yeah, okay, I was distracted a bit by her shaking her stuff :blush: :

Zebra brushpen with inkwash. 10 minutes:
Posted Image

decided to take the plunge and do pen and ink sketches. Conté Plume Atome, inkwash, 10 minutes:
Posted Image

Conté Plume Atome, inkwash, 5 minutes:
Posted Image

Conté Plume Atome, 4 minutes (final drawing of the evening):
Posted Image

Conté Plume Atome, inkwash, 5 minutes:
Posted Image

mind you, the other model was nice too:

Zebra brushpen with inkwash. she really knew how to dance with those ostrich feathers!
Posted Image

best drawing of the evening, 20 minutes with Japanese G-pen nib, ink and inkwash:

Posted Image

#272 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Great work!

*completely hypntoized by boobs* :blink:  :mong:

~ James

Posted Image

#273 Balthazar

Balthazar

Token Black Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hey, Sethos! Can you stop by my FB page of Jeremy Tableau and Tag your awesome piece?? Thanks, man!!

https://www.facebook...autheBlackSheep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users