24 replies to this topic

#21 metanoia

metanoia

Nick Necro

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostMark, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

I've been asked to provide the music and soundtrack for a new podcast being launched by a friend of mine, so I've been doing a fair amount of atmospheric post-rock stuff lately. Having fun overdubbing feedback and suchlike, which Malin really doesn't appreciate at all, so I have to do all my recording while she's out. These are a couple of samples - the second one in particular I'm quite pleased with.

Skåratinden
Cold Law

I like both of those a lot.  Very Godspeed You black Emperoresque

#22 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Aww, thanks! That's good to hear - GSYBE! are of the touchstones for the sort of thing I'm aiming for. :smile: These pieces  are very simple, mainly because they've been put together for a fairly  specific purpose. I've got a few more complex things sketched out very roughly that would take it a bit heavier, towards Cult of Luna territory, but I'm going to have to work on those with a bassist and drummer - there are limits to what I can achieve on my own kneeling in front of an amplifier in my living room, surrounded by cables and FX pedals...
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#23 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostMark, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

I've been asked to provide the music and soundtrack for a new podcast being launched by a friend of mine, so I've been doing a fair amount of atmospheric post-rock stuff lately. Having fun overdubbing feedback and suchlike, which Malin really doesn't appreciate at all, so I have to do all my recording while she's out. These are a couple of samples - the second one in particular I'm quite pleased with.

Skåratinden
Cold Law
This is really cool! What kind of podcast are we talking about here?
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#24 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

It's scifi/nerd culture thing, from a Norwegian perspective. I can't give any more info right now, partly because I haven't heard any of it yet and partly because I've been asked not to for the time being (it's not a big secret or anything, I think he just doesn't want to talk about it until it's actually ready to launch). Sounds like it could be interesting, though, and not just because I massively appreciate being asked to do the music for them.

I've got a bunch of different musical projects and suchlike going on at the moment, which is doing me the world of good - I've got a couple of people who I jam with semi-regularly just for the fun of it, I'm doing the post-rock/ambient instrumental stuff largely on my own for the time being, and I've got two other friends I'm working with for a couple of different studio projects, one of whom I'm also working up a live repertoire with, aiming to start playing around town in front of actual audiences some time in the early summer. So, I'm keeping myself busy, and working for/with other people gives me the necessary impetus to keep me from getting too lazy.

We should totally get together and play sometime. It's been far too long since I saw you anyway - we should probably take this away from the forum, though :-)
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#25 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Sounds good!
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users