#1 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

http://www.comicbook.../news/?a=107735

Not sure how I feel about this. I want it yet....I'm not sure how a TV network can do it.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#2 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

Oh, they can't. I feel like this would be too costly for network tv if it's faithful to the comics, which it won't be.  No sign of involevment from Mike Carey, huh?

#3 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

FOX, though? Why not FX?
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#4 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

What the what? Should we start a casting thread? I'd personally nominate Charles Dance for the role of Lucifer. Sure, he's a bit going on in years, but he has the attitude down pat.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#5 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

At least the thread gives me a chance to note how excited I am about reading Lucifer. I've just re-read the 'Season of Mists' arc of Sandman, and it's reminded me how much I enjoyed the early Lucifer stories I read last year. It'll probably be my next read when I'm through with Sandman.
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#6 Red

Red

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I love Lucifer!

I also love the fact that I can write this here, and noone takes me to be a crazed satanist.
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#7 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

I've been re-reading the series as the new trades have been coming out. One more to go! I think it drops in late December (maybe 24th) haha.

It's been amazng going back through it all. I will admit, at times I've enjoyed it more than Sandman (which I've been re-reading also).

In the perfect world of my head, Tom Hiddleston would play The Lightbringer.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#8 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

David Bowie.

#9 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

Wait. FOX the conservative+ "network for dummies" that thinks creationism is science is really going to produce and show about the arch demon of hell? yeah, sure, and my dick's so big, it takes 10 prostitutes to sufficiently blow me. And they still get jaw cramps!

I call bullshit that it will ever air on FOX especially named "Lucifer.". Do you know how many old Texas ladies will suffer strokes when they see the first ad for it? All of the registered republicans, anyway.

Maybe FXx will show it after all good christians have said their prayers and gone to bed for a few hours, but not FOX. I would bet the house on it never showing on that network even with 26 episodes ordered and in the can.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#10 Dave

Dave

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

You are confusing FOX NEWS for the FOX network.  They are 2 completely separate entities.
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk.

#11 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:28 AM

Except owned by the same man and one feeds profits to help the other...
Didn't you see the Simpsons episode, Slinker? With Kent Brockman going to unveil the media conspiracy after he got fired as news anchor? Homer flipping back and forth between FOX Network and FOX News.
In order to get the greenlight, though, Bill O'Reiley must have a rebuttal after every episode. Fair and balanced!

Oh, and Lucifer is fine with the Creationism crowd. It features the Judeo-Christian creator deity in it.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#12 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostDave, on 20 September 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

You are confusing FOX NEWS for the FOX network.  They are 2 completely separate entities.

but t hey are owned by the same murdoch, are they not?
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

#13 Dave

Dave

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

Indeed, but so is FX and FXX and 21 Century Fox Films. I have never seen any evidence that Fox News has any effect on the entertainment division.
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk.

#14 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

maybe so.

#15 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

Street Magician

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

View Postslinker, on 20 September 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

Maybe FXx will show it after all good christians have said their prayers and gone to bed for a few hours, but not FOX. I would bet the house on it never showing on that network even with 26 episodes ordered and in the can.

Luckily I'm not a good lil christian who practically loves to learn about demons for novels. lol.

But honestly, Fox strikes me as a station that wouldn't dare go THAT far with wanting tv shows.

#16 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

http://www.bleedingc...-show-cute-kid/

The twist to the Lucifer/Chloe relationship is that she appears to be the only woman who is not attracted to Lucifer in some way, indeed his very presence gives her the heebies. And he seems to see that as a fascinating challenge. We get the kind of Moonlightingrelationship without the inevitable and show-destroying sex.
What Lucifer also gives us is a lot of talk. This is, to some extent natural, Lucifer is portrayed as a lover not a fighter, and a man who uses words to get people to do what he wants. However, as a result amongst the monologues pretending to be dialogues, there’s a lot of “tell” and not a lot of “show”. To have a chance of succeeding they’ll need to cast a loquacious non-violent alpha male. Basically they need Russell Brand.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#17 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostA. Heathen, on 12 February 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

http://www.bleedingc...-show-cute-kid/

The twist to the Lucifer/Chloe relationship is that she appears to be the only woman who is not attracted to Lucifer in some way, indeed his very presence gives her the heebies. And he seems to see that as a fascinating challenge. We get the kind of Moonlightingrelationship without the inevitable and show-destroying sex.
What Lucifer also gives us is a lot of talk. This is, to some extent natural, Lucifer is portrayed as a lover not a fighter, and a man who uses words to get people to do what he wants. However, as a result amongst the monologues pretending to be dialogues, there’s a lot of “tell” and not a lot of “show”. To have a chance of succeeding they’ll need to cast a loquacious non-violent alpha male. Basically they need Russell Brand.

Posted Image
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#18 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:03 AM

Wow, they're making it a romcom.

#19 Red

Red

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

Umm, what does this have to do with the comic? This doesn't even seem remotely similar, from the description, except that some of the names are the same.
A talkative Lucifer intent on charming the ladies? Say what? One of the very best things about the comic was Lucifer's "voice". He never once minced words, no flippant comments, everything designed to have an effect.
And here we get garbled horrors like this:
"Lately I've been doing a fair amount of thinking. Do you think I'm the Devil because I'm inherently evil or simply because dear ol'dad decided I was? Is this a classic case of labeling? What do you think?"

:angry: :angry:

#20 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

I think theyre gonnna fall in luuuuuv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users