• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

Posted Image

http://www.bleedingc...for-2014-shoot/

http://www.bleedingc...universe-movie/
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#2 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Classic Demon Chas thread title :-)

This is on the goddam news here today.
"Superhero Film might be made in the future !" is not national news.

This is also a thing: http://comicsallianc...s-right-on-top/
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#3 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

I really can't take Diane Nelson seriously.

I'd say Snyder should've phoned up Hayter and Tse to work on it, but Seeing Nolan and missus are the executive producers sealed this movies fate even before the hunt for a new Batman can ever begin.

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

#4 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

The Sandman is “right on top” of the list of DC/Vertigo titles Nelson wants to see on screen. “I think it could be as rich as the Harry Potter universe.”

Hrrm.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#5 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

My hope for this World's Finedt movie is below sea level. So, Superman will be the defacto villain, due to events of MoS. This is wrong. I'm getting tired of Superman gone bad crap DC's pushing of late.

Yes I'll still go see it
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#6 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

I do wonder what'll happen with this since Legendary Pictures kicked the WB to the curve.

#7 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23806756
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#8 Avaunt

Avaunt

Doesn't actually mean lawful nice.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,459 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

It will be kind of amusing if WBs reaction to their woefully unlikable "Mass Murderer Superman" * or maybe their reaction to us ingrates that criticised MM Superman is the better way to phrase it, was to make a movie where Batman went Cape-hunting to bring Superman to book for his careless muscle flexing.

I will try to not prejudge Mr Affleck. He won't necessarily be abysmal in this. Will he?.

*Actually, it was as "American as Apple Pie", to some peoples minds, that is why the Right invented the term Collateral Damage, after all.

N.B. I do not consider careless use of power the mark of true American self respect, it is instead something the ones who fail their heritage tell themselves is "ok".
"A novel, according to my taste, does not come into the first class unless it contains some person whom one can thoroughly love, and if a petty woman all the better.
C.Darwin.

#9 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostA. Heathen, on 23 August 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Son of a bitch! :blink:

#10 Avaunt

Avaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,459 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

I love the look on his face on that link "Oh? you are going to use this on the post that reveals I will play Batman?  *Imagines all the hate* "
"A novel, according to my taste, does not come into the first class unless it contains some person whom one can thoroughly love, and if a petty woman all the better.
C.Darwin.

#11 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,242 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

I can see Affleck as Bruce Wayne, he's got a few years on him now - has the chin for Batman too.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#12 Mercury727

Mercury727

aka Twiglet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

He's got the look and the acting chops for it, but looking at the online reaction I still wonder how Daredevil still has its rep.

#13 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 23 August 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

I can see Affleck as Bruce Wayne, he's got a few years on him now - has the chin for Batman too.

And he was among the many names considered for the role prior to being cast as Daredevil and Bale as Bats (eight months after DD's release). Full circle, man. Full circle.

#14 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 23 August 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

has the chin for Batman too.

i was just gonna say that. if anything I am sure he will look the part quite well.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#15 Shawn

Shawn

conjurer of cheap tricks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

As mentioned by Patton Oswald on the internets, Affleck will be the first actor to play both Superman AND Batman.
This choice doesn't inspire much hope in me for World's Finest (the title I'm going with). I will reserve more of geek-rage until after I see some pics and/or a trailer.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize. - Thich Nhat Hanh

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

https://twitter.com/shawn1163

#16 Atticus

Atticus

Token Scot Home Again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

My first reaction was one of disappointment, but now that I think about it he might do quite well.

He's big, dark & broody. His acting's improved since Daredevil. And he's now got the maturity and presence to look down on the noticeably younger Clavell as Superman.

Given the right script and direction he could do quite well. I'll reserve pre-judgement till we know a bit more.
What's that film that you love?
What film?
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking lego.

#17 metanoia

metanoia

Nick Necro

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

I've never really understood the almost universal hatred of the Daredevil film, it wasn't great but there have been far worse comic book films.  Given the choice I'd rather watch Daredevil than Constantine again.

#18 Atticus

Atticus

Token Scot Home Again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

That's very much my view too. But Affleck wasn't a particularly good actor at that stage of his career. Still an ok movie though.

What's that film that you love?
What film?
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking lego.

#19 Avaunt

Avaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,459 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

I hope he knocks it out of the park, too.

Hahahaha, this screwed up interface just  put that up with strike-through. Computer makes Freudian slip?.
C.Darwin.

#20 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

He was cool in Dogma. And he does have the perfect chin, he's just such a lukewarm douchebag that he's perfect for Batman. Let's compare him to other Batmen, shall we?

Val Kilmer = lukewarm douchebag..............click (tie)
George Clooney = grocery bag full of shit.............bzzzzzt match Clooney (douchebags can't hope to compare to shitbags)
Michael Keaton = sad angry vomit next to the toilet (not in the toilet)...........ding ding match Affleck
Christian Bale = Mel Gibson's diarrhea baby in a rusty bucket..........ding ding match Affleck
Adam West = sold his soul to the devil in order to live this long and still be relevant, cool in every universe............bzzzzt match West
Hank Venture = a hard rocking on the bass clone (that even Venturestein recognizes as the Bat)........bzzzzt match Venture

Affleck's tournament record = 2-3-1
he does not advance to the post season tournament of champions, but did better than I thought he would.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users