Jump to content


Soooo about that coat...

Constantine tv programe Constantine NBC John Constantine

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

why does he wear a fitted one in the show? I was kind of hopping for him to wear something a little longer and baggier. Something like the one he wore during the time he went into hell to get Sheryl (his sister) back. "where the dead men go"

What about you guys?

#2 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

    living circlejerk

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

i woul have liked that too. i also would have liked if the coat would've looked more used, but since they say we are before issue 1 in the life of jc it is understandable.
also i think they gave him a shorter one, to not look too much alike to castiel (whom is modelled after john), which will be a great challenge for them anyway, to not look to much like a supernatural ripoff to non-hb-readers.

Quote

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#3 James

James

    Chinese bakery

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beijing

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Also baggier ones look kind of shitty in real life. Some stuff is easier to pull off in ink.

But yeah, I imagine the Castiel thing was definitely a major factor.

#4 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about Castiel. But he's now wearing a different coat from before
Posted Image Which is the same lengthPosted Image

#5 Gillian

Gillian

    Trenchcoat Brigade

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Funny that the actor of Castiel's co-worker, Jared, tweeted this :

https://twitter.com/...151087884541952

#6 Pooka

Pooka

    Nimble Little Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Slaughtered Lamb

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

What a douchey thing to tweet, eh?
World shut your mouth.

#7 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

    The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Was Castiel a definite deliberate nod to Constantine?
If so then it strikes me as tongue in cheek.
If not then it's just iggerant.

I don't even know what Castiel is.
It used to be a soap.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#8 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostPooka, on 04 August 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

What a douchey thing to tweet, eh?
I'd say it's just a small joke.

View PostA. Heathen, on 04 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Was Castiel a definite deliberate nod to Constantine?
If so then it strikes me as tongue in cheek.
If not then it's just iggerant.

I don't even know what Castiel is.
It used to be a soap.
Eric Kripke did say that Castiel was deliberately based off of Constantine and he also mentioned that he wanted John to be in the SPN show as his own character, but that was said no to. So He decided the next best thing; make up a character (an angel just for the hell of it) and as he quoted "If I can't have John Constantine, then I'll at least dress up an angel like him."

Castiel's an angel, then he became an arcangel, then god, then crazy, then a lackey angel, then human, and now half angel.

#9 Pooka

Pooka

    Nimble Little Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Slaughtered Lamb

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Just seemed pissy but it's easy to misinterpret a tweet especially when you don't know the tweeter.

I don't know owt about Supernatural, watched a couple, not my thing.

(Also, I use Castile soap on Micro Pooka, as it's gentle. And that's all I know, too.)
World shut your mouth.

#10 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

    The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Kripke out of Big Bang Theory did it?

Wow, I can't wait for Gabor Csupo's version.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#11 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

    The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

I thought you were Micro Pooka, Pooka?
As opposed to Pico Pooka?

:sherlock:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#12 Lou K

Lou K

    POWAH!!!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I must be a geezer. I honestly cannot understand twitterspeak.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#13 Pooka

Pooka

    Nimble Little Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Slaughtered Lamb

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostA. Heathen, on 04 August 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

I thought you were Micro Pooka, Pooka?
As opposed to Pico Pooka?

:sherlock:
;-)

I was going to put Mini Pooka, but thought someone would say that was me- guess no small is too small :-)
World shut your mouth.

#14 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

The length does have a bit of Phillips and Murphy circa Jason Aaron's 2 parter to a certain extent. May be they'll get a longer one somewhere down the road
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#15 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 04 August 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

i woul have liked that too. i also would have liked if the coat would've looked more used, but since they say we are before issue 1 in the life of jc it is understandable.
also i think they gave him a shorter one, to not look too much alike to castiel (whom is modelled after john), which will be a great challenge for them anyway, to not look to much like a supernatural ripoff to non-hb-readers.

Speaking of Cas, even he's sporting a shorter trenchcoat these days sans tie

Posted Image

Now if they could just dress him up with a black coat next....
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#16 slinker

slinker

    Dr. Orpheus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Venture Industries Arachnid Research Facility

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

i dig the fitted coat. it's a change i don't mind. how long til they come out with a Matt Ryan as conjob action figure? it must be in the works.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#17 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

View Postslinker, on 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

i dig the fitted coat. it's a change i don't mind. how long til they come out with a Matt Ryan as conjob action figure? it must be in the works.

Or whenever AbbyShot ever start selling replicas.

Since we're on the subject of coat, is it a Burberry? I found a Burberry that closely resembles it
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#18 Gillian

Gillian

    Trenchcoat Brigade

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostDemon Chas08, on 04 August 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

View Postslinker, on 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

i dig the fitted coat. it's a change i don't mind. how long til they come out with a Matt Ryan as conjob action figure? it must be in the works.

Or whenever AbbyShot ever start selling replicas.

Since we're on the subject of coat, is it a Burberry? I found a Burberry that closely resembles it

Me think this coat perfect for the conjob

Posted Image

#19 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

    living circlejerk

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostGillian, on 05 August 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

View PostDemon Chas08, on 04 August 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

View Postslinker, on 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

i dig the fitted coat. it's a change i don't mind. how long til they come out with a Matt Ryan as conjob action figure? it must be in the works.

Or whenever AbbyShot ever start selling replicas.

Since we're on the subject of coat, is it a Burberry? I found a Burberry that closely resembles it

Me think this coat perfect for the conjob

Posted Image

a lot more yellow - ish lighter, als john is a little broader on the shoulders then this androgynous photomodel

Quote

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#20 Gillian

Gillian

    Trenchcoat Brigade

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 05 August 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

View PostGillian, on 05 August 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

View PostDemon Chas08, on 04 August 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

View Postslinker, on 04 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

i dig the fitted coat. it's a change i don't mind. how long til they come out with a Matt Ryan as conjob action figure? it must be in the works.

Or whenever AbbyShot ever start selling replicas.

Since we're on the subject of coat, is it a Burberry? I found a Burberry that closely resembles it

Me think this coat perfect for the conjob

Posted Image

a lot more yellow - ish lighter, als john is a little broader on the shoulders then this androgynous photomodel

Either this :

Posted Image

Or this :

Posted Image

Cannot find the manly men model pretty much, since most of these models are skinny





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users