205 replies to this topic

#201 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,240 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

Second issue of Secret Empire had a couple of good scenes, namely [ Spoiler : Black Widow cold-cocking Hawkeye and then agreeing to turn the Champions into bad-asses ] but the big reveal at the end was rubbish.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#202 Lou K

Lou K

POWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,744 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Spoil it for me, buddy, I will never read it.
In the age of the internet someone's sensibility is ALWAYS being tested.

~ James

Posted Image

#203 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,305 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Steve Rogers shows up in a forest, saying he "just wants to go home". Steve Rogers is supposed to be the ruler of the Hydra American Empire, as Captain America.
I hope it doesn't end up as "Captain America is too good and perfect to be corrupted by the Cosmic Cube. Kobik had to split Steve Rogers in to two people to fulfill Red Skull's wish. He teleported the real Steve Rogers to some out of the way place, without his memory, and created a clone version of Steve Rogers that he could indoctrinate in to being a Hydra member". That way, it would help allay all the people who are upset that good, upstanding Steve Rogers is a fascist. That would be lame.

Secret Empire is continuing to be worth reading, I'd say. It's quite dark. You can't help but feel that this is an alternate universe though. It's hard to believe this is meant to be the actual Marvel Universe. The entire time I'm reading an issue, I keep being reminded me of Millar's Old Man Logan. The fact that everything is just going to be reset at the end certainly helps add to this feeling.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#204 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

If they're just messing shit up because they get to hit a reset button after they've trashed their universe, they're not going far enough.

#205 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,305 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'm not sure about that, things are getting pretty bad. The American/Hydra military just bombed Las Vegas off the map, because a superhero resistance group was hiding in the city.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#206 dogpoet

dogpoet

From Hell's heart I strike at thee...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

Pffft.
If they nuke New York, that might be going far enough, depending on context. Las Vegas, who gives a fuck now that Steve Gerber and Elvis are both dead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users