• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

Ah, I should've done this long ago. I have hundreds of unfinished songs, many of which are clearly supposed to be instrumental and it's only through sheer bloody-mindedness that I've let them sit around so long waiting for lyrics. Finishing them wordlessly is the way to go.

Example 1: Struts!

https://soundcloud.c...circus-1/struts

Zany and goofy and with an exclamation point in the name.

I've also uploaded the soundtrack to that monstrous theatre thing I did last year, but I know I posted that here already.
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#2 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

https://soundcloud.c...al-warfare-2014 Wow, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. It's a track I made when I was 17, redone with my current setup. Young me would've loved how much it sounds like something from Command & Conquer. :)

#3 Vagabond

Vagabond

Elstein Presley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

makes me feel like tom cruise in an action movie

#4 Gwilym

Gwilym

Nick Necro's Boyfriend

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

haha. Figures; I think at that age pretty much my entire cultural milieu was action movies. I kind of miss the simplicity. It was only a matter of months before I was loaned Sandman and Hellblazer, thus beginning my transformation to the scatterbrained Worshiper of Concepts that stands before you*.

Other track names from the period include Courage Under Fire, Forced Entry, The Agents and Arm Yourselves, Soldiers! And then a year later the titles are all mysteriously purple-tinged: Dancing With Time, Impurity In The System, An Alien Birth, Macabre World, etc. I was corrupted

*thousands of miles away, and actually sitting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users