A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Attached File  FB_IMG_1490263070533.jpg   206.22K   18 downloads

Attached Files

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#2 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

The creators of The Flintstones comic on bringing existential dread to Bedrock
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#3 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

It's a pity that Flintstones book will be ending with Issue #12 according to DC's latest solicits. But the writer does have a gay beat poet-reinvention of Snagglepuss in the works for anyone's that interested.

#4 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Ha ha! That sounds pretty awesome too!
I will be very sad to see the Flintstones go. It was my favourite book that DC has been publishing month after month, and often ranked very highly out of all comics I am reading.
Even the Booster Gold & Flintstones Annual looks promising, with the Flintstones traveling to an environmentally ruined dystopian future.
"I wish it were fin du globe," said Dorian with a sigh.
"Life is such a great disappointment."
-Oscar Wilde

#5 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Any fans of old Wildstorm might be interested in this:

Abernathy broke some news at the panel, that DC will publish a WildStorm 25th anniversary hardcover collection, including work from creators such as Fiona Staples, Sean Phillips and Lee Bermejo.

“The title features some new stories, for instance Brandon Choi and Jim Lee are going to revisit their classic creation WildC.A.T.S.,” Abernathy said. “Jeff Scott Campbell’s going to join us briefly for a new Gen 13 story. Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch will have a new Authority story. Brett Booth is going to revisit Backlash. It’s going to be a really great lineup.” Nguyen will contribute a Wildcats 3.0 story.

Lee said the original idea was just to use material “from the vault,” but quickly creators wanted to get involved with new material. Lee said he was surprised by the “enthusiasm and passion” creators had for the WildStorm characters and concepts. “It actually has a fair amount of new stuff in it,” Lee said of the book.

“If you’re a fan, this is a book you’ll want to pick up,” Abernathy said. “It’s 200 pages of WildStorm excellence.”

Chance of new “Planetary”? “[John] Cassaday is doing a ‘Planetary’ piece in the book,” Abernathy said, but there are no plans for a new series.
http://www.cbr.com/w...wondercon-2017/

#6 Bran the Blessed

Bran the Blessed

Street Magician

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostGottaGetAGrip, on 23 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

It's a pity that Flintstones book will be ending with Issue #12 according to DC's latest solicits. But the writer does have a gay beat poet-reinvention of Snagglepuss in the works for anyone's that interested.

Dammit. I was really liking that one. Fuck you DC >_>

#7 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Comixology are currently selling collections of Gail Simone's original Secret Six run at 5.50 a pop for 12-14 issues a trade, it's excellent stuff - full of sex, violence laughs and that thing so many superhero comics forget, heart!
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#8 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, that was a really good series. Ah, I remember those days, when DC had a number of very good books that I looked forward to buying every month. Secret Six was near the top of best comics published during that timeframe.
-Oscar Wilde

#9 Christian

Christian

The Last One

• Members
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Bug #1-I loved this! Why can't more of DC's books be like this?
It stars Jack Kirby's New Gods character, but this first issue was all about phîlosophy and Kirby's 1970s version of Sandman.
This is very much Steve Gerber meets Grant Morrison.
I remember when Gerber took over writing Mr. Miracle in the '70s, and completely changed everything about the character, making the book in to a meditation on philosophy and pacifism, and then DC canceled the book after two issues...Well, I imagine this book is similar to how Gerber's run on Mr. Miracle would have ended up...Especially if Morrison came along and talked Gerber in to doing acid with him.
Well, this is easily my book of the week.
-Oscar Wilde

#10 GottaGetAGrip

GottaGetAGrip

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Kirby fans might want to look out for this one:

Tom King (writer of The Vision, The Omega Men, and currently Batman) to pen a 12-issue Mister Miracle mini

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users