#1 J. White

J. White

Eglantine Price's Bedknob

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

HELLBLAZER #267

Written by Peter Milligan, art by Giuseppe Camuncoli and Stefano Landini, cover by Simon Bisley.

Starting a new arc! John Constantine is a bastard. But just how much of a bastard? Haunted by what he might have done, John struggles to find his feet in a world that seems to have turned against him. Have the gods finally decided to punish our urban trickster?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 19.

HELLBLAZER: HOOKED TP

Written by Peter Milligan, art by Simon Bisley, Giuseppe Camuncoli and Stefano Landini, cover by Simon Bisley.

In this collection featuring issues #256-260, John Constantine goes to extremes to get his ex-girlfriend back. But will he sink to a new low by using a love potion?

128 pages, $14.99, in stores on June 16.

#2 Mark

Mark

"I know it's not as good as it used to be..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

That new solicitation could legitimately be used for almost any story-arc from the mid-portion of almost any HB run to date, really. "John's screwed up, and now Bad Things are happening to him as a result!"

Also, this:

John Constantine goes to extremes to get his ex-girlfriend back. But will he sink to a new low by using a love potion?

just might be the worst solicitation text I've ever seen.
"As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from dessication."
- Humphrey Lyttleton, 1921-2008

"The Doctor remembers every Doctor Who story ever told. Every episode, Target book, comic strip and every game of companions and TARDISes that you played as a kid. The universe he lives in has no record of it, because paradoxes and divergent dimensions and the Time War have reset things... but the Doctor remembers and sometimes when he is sad it's because you've stopped being 8 years old and he can't run around the school playground with you anymore."
- some wise soul on the internet somewhere, 2009

#3 Red

Red

All your capital are belong to us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,239 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

That cover is awesome though. Almost gives you vertigo.
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

#4 J. White

J. White

Eglantine Price's Bedknob

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

That's the first cover from Simon Bisley I actually like and I agree with Mark on both counts. I've stopped buying Hellblazer issue by issue so I'll probably be picking up the trade.

#5 londonsurrealist

londonsurrealist

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

View PostJ. White, on 18 February 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

That's the first cover from Simon Bisley I actually like and I agree with Mark on both counts. I've stopped buying Hellblazer issue by issue so I'll probably be picking up the trade.

Well, if that cover is anytthing to go by the story is "John Constantine has a trip on the London Eye and falls off". Silly sod should not have stepped outside for a fag...
Knock hard - life is deaf. (Mimi Parent)
The poor shall inherit the earth only by forging the will. (Tony Earnshaw)
Never argue with an idiot. People watching might not be able to tell the difference. (Joseph Bearwalker Wilson)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users