Jump to content


John Constantine's bisexuallity aknowledged


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

    The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

Yeah? Well at least on Facebook people can still gruntle their disses with ennui-inspiring regularity.
even IF Constantine never openly has his dick piped by a Rottweiler.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#22 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 08 January 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Daniel Cerone on twitter says....

Quote

@xceteras John's sexual openness was intro'd gradually over time in the comic.  We've dropped hints and in one coming script it's clear.

Good. Now everything should be okay right?

#23 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 08 January 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 08 January 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Daniel Cerone on twitter says....

Quote

@xceteras John's sexual openness was intro'd gradually over time in the comic.  We've dropped hints and in one coming script it's clear.

Good. Now everything should be okay right?

I want my doggie blowjob!! WAHHHHH!!!! * Kicks legs up like a toddler*
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#24 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

    living circlejerk

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

hellblazer, redefining doggystyle since 2000 a.d.

Quote

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#25 Dave

Dave

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

View Postseventhcircle, on 09 January 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

hellblazer, redefining doggystyle since 2000 a.d.

I thought that was another magazine entirely
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk.

#26 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

    living circlejerk

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

*forces himself to not react to sarcasm

Quote

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#27 slinker

slinker

    Dr. Orpheus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Venture Industries Arachnid Research Facility

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

I'm bicurious for Constantine.

I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I'm an alligator.

I am an antichrist.
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#28 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

    living circlejerk

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

View Postslinker, on 13 January 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm bicurious for Constantine.

I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I'm an alligator.

I am an antichrist.
you are just a monkey doing unspeakable stuff to a frog.

Quote

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#29 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 13 January 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postslinker, on 13 January 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm bicurious for Constantine.

I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I'm an alligator.

I am an antichrist.
you are just a monkey doing unspeakable stuff to a frog.
More like a monkey doing norfulthings to a frog

#30 slinker

slinker

    Dr. Orpheus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Venture Industries Arachnid Research Facility

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

i am as gods have made me, sirs...
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#31 TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow

    Taxi Driver

  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

was john's bisexuality really that big of a deal in the comics anyway ? i remember like one quote about it in the comics and the obvious mentions and , ew, doggy blowjob in azzarello's run ( which would technically make him into beastiality in that case, even if he was drunk off his ass and tricked into doing that, so i guess he really is one kinky bastard) . otherwise he's a relentless womanizer most of the time. been a while since i read up on some good ol' fashioned hellblazer anyways though.
thanks to john constantine , i'll now wear trench coats, smoke and drink constantly, talk in a british accent, get a sting haircut, fuck lots and lots of people, start a punk band, piss off people on a daily basis for shits and giggles, and literally piss on vampires and trick demons into curing my cancer.

like a BOSS.

#32 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostTheDevilYouKnow, on 20 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

was john's bisexuality really that big of a deal in the comics anyway ? i remember like one quote about it in the comics and the obvious mentions and , ew, doggy blowjob in azzarello's run ( which would technically make him into beastiality in that case, even if he was drunk off his ass and tricked into doing that, so i guess he really is one kinky bastard) . otherwise he's a relentless womanizer most of the time. been a while since i read up on some good ol' fashioned hellblazer anyways though.

To some, they always cite #51 and Ashes and Dust for bisexuality
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#33 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostDemon Chas08, on 20 January 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostTheDevilYouKnow, on 20 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

was john's bisexuality really that big of a deal in the comics anyway ? i remember like one quote about it in the comics and the obvious mentions and , ew, doggy blowjob in azzarello's run ( which would technically make him into beastiality in that case, even if he was drunk off his ass and tricked into doing that, so i guess he really is one kinky bastard) . otherwise he's a relentless womanizer most of the time. been a while since i read up on some good ol' fashioned hellblazer anyways though.

To some, they always cite #51 and Ashes and Dust for bisexuality

Apparently it was mentioned much earlier then that. in one of the Swamp thing comics, someone called out to John saying "Hey Fruit Loop!" which was apparently a slur back then.

#34 Dave

Dave

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

It was a slur, but its also the kind of thing a redneck would say to any "other" especially an English dude whose very accent would seem "faggy". Id have to see it in context to really know.
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk.

#35 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 20 January 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

View PostDemon Chas08, on 20 January 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostTheDevilYouKnow, on 20 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

was john's bisexuality really that big of a deal in the comics anyway ? i remember like one quote about it in the comics and the obvious mentions and , ew, doggy blowjob in azzarello's run ( which would technically make him into beastiality in that case, even if he was drunk off his ass and tricked into doing that, so i guess he really is one kinky bastard) . otherwise he's a relentless womanizer most of the time. been a while since i read up on some good ol' fashioned hellblazer anyways though.

To some, they always cite #51 and Ashes and Dust for bisexuality

Apparently it was mentioned much earlier then that. in one of the Swamp thing comics, someone called out to John saying "Hey Fruit Loop!" which was apparently a slur back then.

When one of the rednecks had the gall to piss him off just after learning of Emma's death. I do remember but that barely registered as an early reference. Zed asking Ray Monde about his ties to John, maybe (thought Ray balked at the thought)
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#36 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image
If this isn't proof enough...

#37 slinker

slinker

    Dr. Orpheus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Venture Industries Arachnid Research Facility

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

:ohmy: :angry: :shrug: :boogie: :hattip:
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#38 Gwilym

Gwilym

    Nick Necro's Boyfriend

  • Members
  • 628 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:shitting in a tin can

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

$2 says it's Chas, and totally hetero

Or to show Renee "look, 'e's moved on, luv"
eatingarbyseatingarbyseatingarbys

#39 Speedblazer

Speedblazer

    Street Magician

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

apparently people on Tumblr are still mad and bringing up old stuff just to stay mad at the show. They ask for bisexuality, the show gives bisexuality, and they're still mad. Plus, I don't think someone who is bisexual just randomly yells it out to the world. In a normal situation I would think they would give small hints of flirtations here and there, which is what John has done.

#40 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

    Con Artist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro,North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 21 January 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

apparently people on Tumblr are still mad and bringing up old stuff just to stay mad at the show. They ask for bisexuality, the show gives bisexuality, and they're still mad. Plus, I don't think someone who is bisexual just randomly yells it out to the world. In a normal situation I would think they would give small hints of flirtations here and there, which is what John has done.

In a way, Tumblr babies don't understand how bisexuality works. Real life isn't an episode of Torchwood (especially circa S1)
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users