#21 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 06 May 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

This sounds pretty close to final confirmation that they're done...

Daniel Cerone @DanielVCerone

Still alive. Our best hope: midseason replacement. Utility player for NBC if new show struggles.

You'd expect a series to be made if it's going to replace a struggling show.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#22 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 06 May 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

This sounds pretty close to final confirmation that they're done...

Still alive. Our best hope: midseason replacement. Utility player for NBC if new show struggles.

He did say he'll be informed 2-3 days before the 15-16 schedule's inveiled Monday too
"Ha ha! Cookies on dowels!"- Phil Ken Sebben circa 2001

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

For Doctor Who Chronology: http://drwhocontinut...e.blogspot.com/

#23 wolvy

wolvy

Sometimes... you just gotta do IT.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

I think it was canceled ages ago, NBC just didn't want to lose any of that advertiser money. And now that it's done, they're just trolling the guy by constantly giving him all these "2nd chances". Because you know that if they REALLY wanted it to return, they would have just renewed it right away. Rather than pull all this crap.
One Step ahead of the curve.

#24 BobafrigginFeet

BobafrigginFeet

Street Magician

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostSpeedblazer, on 28 April 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
  i know the word's backwards. THat'S tHe maGIc!

A black Constantine! Just like Marvel's Nick Fury. lol

AN: If Constantine and Lucifer were in a drag down take out no-holds-barred fight, who wins?
MC: Lucifer wins, then as he's walking away he realizes his wallet's gone.

#25 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

View Postwolvy, on 06 May 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

I think it was canceled ages ago, NBC just didn't want to lose any of that advertiser money. And now that it's done, they're just trolling the guy by constantly giving him all these "2nd chances". Because you know that if they REALLY wanted it to return, they would have just renewed it right away. Rather than pull all this crap.

We'll find out Monday. We'd be lucky if its commissioned for midseason return and filming commences again later this summer and slotted for a Season Premiere in January-February tops

For Doctor Who, Torchwood, Bernice Summerfield & Sarah Jane reviews go to: www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

#26 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

Cerone: For those asking, NBC announces fall sked 5/11. We may hear 2-3 days early. When I know you will

so, the 8th or 9th?
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

"If you can't say 'Fuck,' you can't say, 'Fuck the government.'" - Lenny Bruce

#27 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

I agree with you to a point, based on pretty much nothing but my naturally pessimistic nature I'm inclined to believe that Daniel was seeing hope where none was really being offered by NBC.  The news that it's not even getting any kind of Blu Ray or DVD release suggests that they don't think there's any money in the property at all.  

They gave it a pretty good go and can go out with their heads held high.
featherweight champion, cheap to get pissed

#28 wolvy

wolvy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostJohnMcMahon, on 07 May 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

I agree with you to a point, based on pretty much nothing but my naturally pessimistic nature I'm inclined to believe that Daniel was seeing hope where none was really being offered by NBC.  The news that it's not even getting any kind of Blu Ray or DVD release suggests that they don't think there's any money in the property at all.  

They gave it a pretty good go and can go out with their heads held high.

That and it's been my experience that usually when networks wait this long to make a decision, it's usually already cancelled. I COULD be wrong and maybe it will get a 2nd season. But all signs are pointing toward no.

#29 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

..and now iZombie's gotten a second season over on CW, poor old John might've survived if he'd ended up over there.

#30 A. Heathen

A. Heathen

The wisdom of Dick (Solomon)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

The key factors are budget and broadcaster expectations.
A smaller portion of both could have seen the same team succeed at Netflix etc.
I would hope that NBC let them offer it elsewhere, but they should have done so sooner.

As J.Mac said, they done good, all things considered.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But that's the whole point, it's supernatural, these things happen.
It's not supposed to be realistic in that sense."

#31 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

but why wait so long if a decision has already been made? seems to me if they wait this long, they really are considering not canceling it, or why not, if it's been canceled, just say it back when it was canceled and let everyone get on with their lives? yeah?
When you are a step ahead of everybody else, they call you a genius. When you are two steps ahead, they say you're crazy.

#32 wolvy

wolvy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

View Postslinker, on 07 May 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

but why wait so long if a decision has already been made? seems to me if they wait this long, they really are considering not canceling it, or why not, if it's been canceled, just say it back when it was canceled and let everyone get on with their lives? yeah?

If they had faith in it, they would have already renewed it when they were renewing their other shows as well as released it on DVD and Blu Ray.

#33 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

-i think it should've done it,and the same folks who did true blood should've made it.then we could have our blood and violence,bisexy johnny and hot chicks n' death n's stuff.not to mention all the damn drugs ,etc

also ,it could be called 'Hellblazer'

i would pay to see john hit on a chick,only for her boyfriend to confront him,and he ends up going home with both (or it could be two chicks...both would work)...only to find that they were demons/vampires/werewolves or whatever and proceeds to deal with them accordingly.he then proceeds to rob his targets blind and leave the premises..he ends up stealing something imprortant,a psychic goes into said place to find out who did it and confronts john who wanted to sell/retrieve said item and shit proceeds to hit the fan from there.

That's your pilot episode

or it could start out with john getting the shit kicked out of him and he can do his monoloauge thing explaing how he fucked up...and th pyrric victory that comes from it.
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#34 seventhcircle

seventhcircle

living circlejerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

not trying to be offensive or anything, but if you basically would make a true blood with jc i am out. the point in time when hellblazer went full soap opera, aka the reign of he who shall not be named was the worst period in the whole comic... by far.

Of cause you keep going on. We.. we all keep going on. If we stop laughing, than they have won.
[Alfonse. french-german Comedian, 17.11.15]

#35 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 08 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

not trying to be offensive or anything, but if you basically would make a true blood with jc i am out. the point in time when hellblazer went full soap opera, aka the reign of he who shall not be named was the worst period in the whole comic... by far.

This! Last thing we need is that again.

#36 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

View Postseventhcircle, on 08 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

not quite what i mean and none taken...there was things about true blood that pissed me off so badly...that list too long to name.i was just talking about in as far as levels of censorship....could've said game of thrones or spartacus,or penny dreadful ,but i was aiming for modern times.besides...it'd be a bit difficult to pull a constantine soap opera when people keep dropping like flies .

what i do like about the constantine show really are more chas and manny being there
Wanna know what ol' Conjob gets up to nowadays? Read 'The Laughing Magician's Journal http://a-laughing-magicians-journal.blogspot.com/'.Also,check out his latest adventures at 'Elseworlds Legends http://elseworlds-legends.blogspot.com/ http://so-tru-review.blogspot.com/

#37 slinker

slinker

Dr. Orpheus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

but you see shows like walking dead, daredevil, flash, even izombie, all of which which are very faithful to their comic predecessors, and you wonder, is it just the network that damned the show? the fact that they put this show on NB fucking C instead of CW or a cable network was the first step on its path to doom. and i really resent that if they do cancel it, they won't free it up to go to another network where it can find its audience. if nbc cancels this show and doesn't allow it to go elsewhere, i'll never watch that network again. i hate TV people, the ones who make these decisions. they are typically insulated from the population that make up their audience, and they never take suggestions, like moving it to another network. what possible reason could they have for killing it and keeping the body from being resuscitated elsewhere? it's such a lame ownership play. "this doesn't work, but i'm not going to let anybody try to fix it, just keep it here in my drawer where i can forget about it but no one else can have it either. fuck everything."

#38 lady_constantine

lady_constantine

Hogwarts Graduate

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

hell yes.why put it on NBC??? CW probably would've been better ,you are right about that.but i'll be honest,you know what really fucked Constantine?

Supernatural.

If it can't compete with grimm or supernatural or something of the sort then it's doomed.

also,on another note,maybe BBC...maybe the show should've actually been british,so that it could pull more from the original sources,have it set motsly in london.and a good starting point is the Dangerous habbits arch with flashbacks from Delano's run and run ins with some of those folks and John's nightmares a frequent feature (I know earth-3 constantine was based off the dangerous habbits arc,but we could even throw in an explanation for it as if I', correct,John mentioned Keanusteen at some point,meaning he's aware of the existance of this other entity).There were so many directions this could've gone,but none were taken.

do like the extra chas participation

#39 Demon Chas08

Demon Chas08

Con Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

NO FUCKING CW!!! I dont want Berlanti tainting it with his New 52 leanings

#40 JohnMcMahon

JohnMcMahon

absentee landlord

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

NBC a "no" for Season 2. Warner Bros working hard to find #Constantine new home

Thanks to @nbc for Season 1. Got a nice call from the powers there. We were considered but they feel they had a strong development season.

Bear in mind, #Constantine ratings low for NBC but would constitute a hit at many networks

Matt Ryan @mattryanreal

So who's gonna bring us in from the cold? @CW_network ? @DCComics under one roof?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users