Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Guardians of the Galaxy

slinker    893

wasn't there an existing GotG thread, i couldn't find it.

tumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo1_250.giftumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo2_250.gif

tumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo3_250.giftumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo4_250.gif

tumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo5_250.giftumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo6_250.gif

tumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo7_250.giftumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo8_250.gif

tumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo9_250.giftumblr_n2owxl24RZ1qdfs7xo10_250.gif

• Upvote 1

Christian    734

Yeah. It does. Drax looks awful though, I think they could have done a better job with Drax.

Is Moondragon in the film?

Christian    734

I saw at the comic store that the first appearance of Rocket Raccoon, from the Incredible Hulk comic, is going for $75 now.

I bought my copy a long time ago for $1!

If you have a copy, and are in to that thing, now is the time to make some big money on a Hulk comic normally not worth much money.

It's crazy how comic books featuring characters from an up-coming movie values go sky high for a while, then after the movie furor dies down, the prices drop again.

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_271.jpg

• Upvote 2

Shawn    297

Trailer #2. Now with more characterization! More GROOOOOOT. More Rocket! More classic rock! Based on both fantastic trailers, it seems James Gunn just plain "gets it" and how to present this team. Also, the cinematography is AMAZING! It looks fantastic.

Shawn    297

LOVE IT!

There's a Russian version of the trailer, with Russian voices etc. Rocket says, in a rather kick ass Russian voice "Oh, Dah!"

Christian    734

You think there's no way to make a grumpy talking raccoon with a gun any more cool, but then you got and have him speaking Russian....Damn.

Although, Cosmo, the talking cosmonaut dog, from the comics speaks Russian and is telepathic...which is hard to beat, in itself...So, might it be pushing in to Cosmo's territory of awesome?

• Upvote 1

Shawn    297

I hope with all of my being that Cosmo is in it. Knowwhere is in it! I want to say people aren't ready for intelligent, telepathic, Russian space dog......yet many are ready for a talking raccoon.

Shawn    297

Here's a new UK trailer. Now with more drama! More Rocket!

I'm still liking it! A good change up to show it's not all yukking it up.

Shawn    297

Star Wars/Guardians of the Galaxy mash-up. Why not? They're both owned by Disney. This is fantastic.

Red    467

That trailer was a lot less entertaining. I hate that drama-music they put on.

seventhcircle    580

quick question: nearly out of context. has anyone read gotg recently? is it worth looking into? The series at all (and if yes whoms run)?

*edit i like the racoon, but wont mind the book just for my weakness for racoons ^^

Christian    734

Yeah, I like Rocket Raccoon too. He's getting his own series starting in July, that should be fun.

I do not recommend the new series. It's by Brian Bendis, and he's no good.

The prior seties by Dan Abnett is must-reading. One of the gest books Marvel has published.

There was a Guardians book from the 1970s, written by Steve Gerber that I recommend highly. Many big ideas. That was the original team though, not the current-Guardians line-up.

And, there was a Rocket Raccoon mini-series in the 1980s from character crwator Bill Mantlo, with Mike Mignola on art, which tells the origin of a talking raccoon...and it does involve the Gideon Bible! That's a crazy book, and I recommend that one too.

• Upvote 2

Shawn    297

I completely agree with Christian!

Speaking of Dan Abnett, he's coming back to write the original Guardians (Vance Astro, Charlie-27, Martinex, Yondu, Starhawk) in "Guardians 3000." It sounds like a soft re-boot. There's crazy time/space stuff going on, there's Badoon, it's all ya want.

Lou K    1,053

And, there was a Rocket Raccoon mini-series in the 1980s from character crwator Bill Mantlo, with Mike Mignola on art, which tells the origin of a talking raccoon...and it does involve the Gideon Bible! That's a crazy book, and I recommend that one too.

Charlie and I absolutely adored this comic when we were kids. Need to track that down again.

• Upvote 1