Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Guardians of the Galaxy

Tony B.    50

I saw a hardcover of that series on sale for ten bucks but didn't buy it. Should I?

Christian    783

Well, me and Lou would say, "Yes".

A talking raccoon living on a planet set up as an insane asylum for humans?

Mike Mignola art?

1980s?

How can you go wrong?

• Upvote 1

Shawn    297

An extended trailer. Basically it's recut with a touch of new footage, a brief scene, the song Cherry Bomb, some Ronan, and a glimpse at Yondu! I need more Yondu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHUBlv5_K8Y

This is still looking good. But I'm going to stay away from any more TV spots and trailers.

• Upvote 2

Lou K    1,084

Oh yeah, went yesterday morning. Great visuals (I opted for 3D), the humor was spot on and didn't feel forced, the action was great, sets and costumes were great, all in all a really fun flick. I was miost surprised by Dave Bautista, Drax was hilarious.

Shawn    297

Absolutely everything that Lou said. In short, I was massively entertained, on various levels! I can't think of a thing that didn't work. It's all so damned fun. Even the during-credits and post-credits scenes are meant just for fun, no big seed planted, just because Gunn thought it'd be amusing.

Also, the sound-track, Awesome Mix volume one is AMAZING!!!! Now, if they just get it on cassette :-)

seventhcircle    595

it sure is nice to hear that :)

i am looking quite forward to it, even though i do not understand, why it takes an effin month to release it here :(

and please please don't spoil it for me ^^

Red    467

Oh yeah, went yesterday morning. Great visuals (I opted for 3D), the humor was spot on and didn't feel forced, the action was great, sets and costumes were great, all in all a really fun flick. I was miost surprised by Dave Bautista, Drax was hilarious.

What Lou said. This was great fun! And ties in with the whole Avengers universe quite smoothly.

• Upvote 1

A. Heathen    1,162

They have to re-write all the songs into German obviously.

I just saw it too.

Very very enjoyable.

What I liked was the tone shifted effortlessly from action film to kickass action film and back.

The subtle references to comics I have never read, and the excellent humorousness of the dialogue.

Even the humourless ones were funny.

[ Spoiler : Thanos has to be in the sequel, doesn't he?

"We'll need that guy's prosthetic leg.

The Collector was amusing, and I hope there are even more Easter Eggs in his collection.

Excellent use of dancing throughout the film :-)

Especially the set up for "I'm distracting you, you idiot".

]

And is Michael Rooker not the greatest supporting performer in the world?

Of course, we ALL waited until the end of the credits, didn't we?

Lou K    1,084

Haha

[ Spoiler : Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.

I need that guy's eye. No we don't! We don't need the eye. *laughing* no I do I really do

Supposedly the cocoon in the Collector's um, collection is Adam Warlock. The cocoon is seen broken in the ppost credits scene. I don't know much about said Warlock.

Rumor is Marvel has re-obtained the rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer!

]

Lou K    1,084

Well, I wasn't sure that his character would make such major contributions to the plot (I don't read any GotG). He turned out to be one of my favorite bits, even if sometimes it felt like he was just a blue Merle.

Shawn    297

I really hope Yondu comes back for GOTG2 (can we call it that?). He sort of has to figure in some how, doesn't he? With the way things were laid out by the end of the movie. I love that he's a red-neck...err...blue-neck, biker gang sort of space trash. So, yeah, Space Merle or Blue Merle. I want more of this!

The scene at the end of the credits was done purely for fun. Nothing more.

The powers that be at Marvel have all but said, [ Spoiler : NO WAY will there be Howard the Duck movie. But who knows? Fan response has been far more huge than I expected. I thought the credit to Steve Gerber was classy. Also, is it true that Howard was voiced by Seth Green?? That would be amazing. Speaking of such cameos; apparently Nathan Fillion was the blue alien that Groot jacked up by his nostrils. ]

• Upvote 1

Shawn    297

Also also Guardians of the Galaxy 2 [ Spoiler : I don't think Thanos will be THE BIG BAD. Based on what we saw in this movie, with Peter's half-alien biology, his dad having sent Yondu, and so on, I think it will involve the Spartoi, his non-Earth side of the family. At some point they would have to tell the story of Peter making it back to Earth.

It seems like they're saving Thanos for Avengers 3. Build and build and build, include the Guardians, others non-Avengers, the Avengers, etc to take the biggest bad of them all. And by that time most of the actors contracts will be up. ]

Demon Chas08    295

I hope we're gonna get DUCK SEASON !!!

HA!!

The missus was punching the air when she saw him and she's a huge fan of the 1986 movie.

To couterpoint Howard: Dear WB, Capt. Carrot or GTFO!!

Shawn    297

Marvel, ya got class.

They arranged for a private screening for Bill Mantlo, co-creator of Rocket (and some other characters, not to mention, a fine Marvel writer). Also, they are helping to make sure he is paid his due, to help out with his going medical care. My respect for Marvel has shot way up.

http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-screening-rocket-raccoon-bill-mantlo/

• Upvote 3