Sign in to follow this  
Red

Gotham

Red    467

So, what do you think of this series:

Superfluous or a Good Idea? I'm torn.

St. Apathy    140

It looks like it might be a bit trashy, if I'm honest. Young Catwoman feels a bit lame as a concept, and the lack of mustache and glasses is asininely concerning. but I loved Gotham Central, so will certainly give this a look.

Who's John Doman supposed to be, I wonder.

Lou K    1,054

Shows like these generally don't do much for me (Agents of Shield, Arrow, Smallville). Likely won't be tuning in.

• Upvote 1

Christian    734

John Doe is common pathologist terminology for an unknown dead male body. I'd assume it's a play on that, Mr. Kate. He's an unknown.

I'm with Lou. I hate the SHIELD TV show, and have never watched the other two.

Well, I don't watch contemporary TV shows anyway.

St. Apathy    140

John Doman is the name of the older actor speaking to Gordon in the earlier part of the trailer. He was Bill Rawls on The Wire.

Shawn    297

This has potential. The cast is solid. But Fox has a not great track record for genre TV.

I'd have to agree, I give it a season.

• Upvote 1

Vagabond    154

i gave agents of shield another chance just now and the episodes after winter soldier ARE way better... they're watchable, if not great

slinker    893

So, am I to understand Gotham as a show which takes place in the DC universe but without any of the super heroes who inhabit that universe? And that doesn't sound boring? Hey, let's watch a show which takes place in Batman's hometown and includes his friends and family, but doesn't include him! I'm glued! A show about Bruce Wayne before he ever even thought of becoming Batman? Sure, because Batman is the least interesting character in his fictional domain space. The guy minus the costume before he became the dark knight--that's the real story! good grief! next, do we get to see Peter Parker's home movies of him learning to walk, crapping his diapers, and spreading food all over his face as a baby--long before he ever thought of becoming Spider-Man?

• Upvote 3

Demon Chas08    295

I blame whatsisname for pitching that Young Bruce Wayne series the 14 years before (and later evolved into Smallville)

Christian    734

Remember Young Indiana Jones? Yeesh!

It is pointless, because there's really no interesting stories to be told with Batman's world before Bruce Wayne decided to become Batman. Commissioner Gordon would be around. They're making it that Penguin was already a crime lord. Otherwise? All of Batman's rogues gallery's stories take place after Wayne decided to become Batman. There's no interesting Joker or Two-Face or Catwoman* stories to tell in this period.

*Kittygirl?

They should have made it like Gotham Central. That would work well as a TV series.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

Remember Young Indiana Jones? Yeesh!

It is pointless, because there's really no interesting stories to be told with Batman's world before Bruce Wayne decided to become Batman. Commissioner Gordon would be around. They're making it that Penguin was already a crime lord. Otherwise? All of Batman's rogues gallery's stories take place after Wayne decided to become Batman. There's no interesting Joker or Two-Face or Catwoman* stories to tell in this period.

*Kittygirl?

They should have made it like Gotham Central. That would work well as a TV series.

That's why I'm glad The Graysons never made it past pitch stage.

Shawn    297

Absolutely! Especially if they got some people familiar with cops show, like Homicide, Law & Order, The Shield or The Wire, to write the episodes or run the show. It has to be handled as a crime/cop show first, that just happens to have some slightly fantastical elements.

• Upvote 1

Demon Chas08    295

3 episodes in and I'm not impressed by the showrunners stating the obvious with the soon to be Rogues Gallery and the Earth One GN characterization they picked for Pertwee's Alfred

• Upvote 1

A. Heathen    1,125

I'll give it the chance that Smallville earned.

Halfway through the first episode here, on C5.

Excellent use of clues rather than all that CSI fantasy computer shit.

slinker    893

i'm with demonchas. i liked the first episode but the next two have have been sort of flat.

• Upvote 1

slinker    893

I have come around. I binged on the first 4 episodes and have determined that this is a good show AND I am a sick fuck. First, bravo for the echo and the bunnymen cover to begin ep. 4 and the siouxsie cover toward the end. Second, I am a sick fuck because I am totally infatuated with Catgirl. But regardless of my many mental instabilities (my own gf is literally half my age, and I just turned half a century and my avatar is a chimp fucking a frog), I really do enjoy this show. Now, are the production staff as crazy as I am? Yes, I believe they are.

A. Heathen    1,125

I am also enjoying the second episode I have watched more than the first one.

It is episode 3 , The Balloon Man.

A very crucial moment when [ Spoiler : Bullock saves Gordon. ]

I feel the Lesbo subplot to be contrived by the way.

Vagabond    154

Did this show get good yet? I watched the pilot and I didn't like it at all. Is the dialogue still like "That's a real RIDDLE, Mr. Nygma." "Call me Edward."?