Sign in to follow this  
Red

Gotham

Rogan    176

Well, the last episode was a slight improvement [and I find the show dire], we'll see if they can keep it up.

Rogan    176

Also, is it just me, or does the guy who plays the Penguin look a bit like a young Jeremy Brett [when he's not grimacing, that is]?

Rogan    176

Well, it is still getting *somewhat* better, warts an' all, a pity that a few of the good moments felt unearned [bruce hugging Gordon]. Also, I was disappointed that they had Gordon starting to work with Montoya and Allen, only to drop that and have him and Bullock go all Lone Wolf and Schlub on the Mayor and Falcone.

Penguin had a rather nice "what you love is what will be your undoing" speech, but then they had to give him and Falcone the unlikeliest of long cons as a basis for their partnership.

Rogan    176

It's back to being crap, alas. Though the bits with Bruce and Alfred in the last ep were nice.

slinker    893

i can't even tell what it's trying to do any more. i lost interest at episode 10.

• Upvote 1

electricinca    89

I lost interest about 5 episodes in. I may watch the rest this Christmas period as the schedules for the TV look pretty dire with very little worth watching being broadcast.

• Upvote 1

Balthazar    172

I generally have fun watching it. It's no where near perfect but the cheesy fun of it makes it at least watchable on my end. Barbara annoys me with her stupidity sometimes, though.

• Upvote 1

St. Apathy    141

I quite enjoy it, myself. It feels like Fincher x BtAS and it is a combination that ends up weird in a fun way.

They aughta scale back on introducing so much major characters from the Batman mythos, though.

slinker    893

that thing gordon said at the end of tonights ep (19) was stupid. "i'm gonna go and get him, and after i do, i'm coming for you!" while literally grabbing this dude by his collar. Oo, here's an idea. If you're gonna have to come back and get him anyway, get him now while you have your hands around the dude's throat, save ya that trip coming back because you don't have to bring them in, in order, first this guy then this guy. how dumb is that? "this other guy i gotta catch first before i get you next time took a plane to china, i have no idea where in china. i'll prolly be gone a while. look here. you don't wander too far away while i'm gone, fuck around and make it hard to get you too like this fuggin first guy. if only i did n't have to get him before i get you! curses!"

seventhcircle    594

that thing gordon said at the end of tonights ep (19) was stupid. "i'm gonna go and get him, and after i do, i'm coming for you!" while literally grabbing this dude by his collar. Oo, here's an idea. If you're gonna have to come back and get him anyway, get him now while you have your hands around the dude's throat, save ya that trip coming back because you don't have to bring them in, in order, first this guy then this guy. how dumb is that? "this other guy i gotta catch first before i get you next time took a plane to china, i have no idea where in china. i'll prolly be gone a while. look here. you don't wander too far away while i'm gone, fuck around and make it hard to get you too like this fuggin first guy. if only i did n't have to get him before i get you! curses!"

you know it's just china. if you choose the right map, your thumb is bigger in comparison.

A. Heathen    1,159

Oswald is a splendid character.

Really enjoyable, and here, it's on with Person Of Interest.

slinker    893

now that the first season is in the can, I have mixed emotions.

Pros: Penguin, the mob war (the Dons, etc), the episode when Fish auditioned singers and one sang a Siouxsie song and a Bunnymen song (ep 4), the serial killer, Fish loses an eyeball, Cat Woman Girl, Ed Nygma, I loved the story arcs when kids were being kidnapped and bad guys were being hooked to weather balloons and launched into the atmosphere.

Cons: Fish Mooney and the island of misfit toys, Fish Mooney, Bruce Fucking Wayne, Cat Girl living with Barbara Gordon, Alfred (liked him at first but he became a douche), Gordon, Harvey, oh the cliches!

A. Heathen    1,159

I am just catching up on three episodes, since the idiots at Channel 5 have opted not to show this until 2016.

I like the way change was expedited in GCPD and the assembly of the MANIAXX (disappointed that last one wasn't an exclamation mark).

I must admit to not liking the Barbara Kean of the 1st series, but so far she's much more of a rounded character.

The scene Alfred and Lucius Fox were delightful. "Down the Isle of Dogs" and "What's a kipper?" :-)

I'm more convinced by Jerome than whoever that Mister Big is meant to be.

Pengy and Nygma continue to grow ...

I think they jumped the gun with Essen, are they worred about having to tie things up sooner?

slinker    893

i thought the addition of the joker would make this show better and more compelling, but I've already given up on it.

A. Heathen    1,159

Eddy is becoming an Enigma.

Oswald was very very sad. I hope he wins.

Because I just dont like them folks gallavanting around.

Silver St Cloud included. I hope Selina gets to "INTO THE MUD, SCUM QUEEN" at her.

Indian Hill, however, THAT's a story.

A. Heathen    1,159

And a short while later, I am at the start of the latest episode ...

Doctor Who crossover continuity for the NERDZ WINZ.

A. Heathen    1,159

Back on board, the Mr Freeze episodes very well done. Hugo Strange is quite a splendid plot device.