Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Plot & casting news

"Liv" and "Manny" ...

oh dear, they are making stuff up already.

Liv is short for Living Dead Girl, Constanteen's Living Dead Zombie friend.

Manny is actually the person who taught Constanteen bisexualness magic, his full name is Mandrake.

• Upvote 2

This is all sounding surprisingly not-discouraging. Blond doesn't bother me much, English/London-ish is nice but not a deal-breaker either way, but Neil Marshall directing the pilot suggests that (a) there's a reasonable amount of confidence in the project, and (b) something about it is promising enough to get an a-list (TV) director involved. Hurm.

Neil Marshall directing the pilot, which is a big plus.

HAHAHA I used to work with the brother of one of the original screen play authors.

No I have not seen him in years and cannot ask him to pass notes on.

Am more interested in this project now TBH

Charles Halford has landed the role of Chas, aka Frank William Chandler, best friend to Matt Ryan’s John Constantine in NBC’s supernatural drama pilot based on the DC comics. Shia LaBeouf played the role in the 2005 Keanu Reeves movie, so they’re doing things a little differently this time around.

BBC’s Robin Hood alum Lucy Griffiths has joined the cast as the female lead, a character named Liv, who can see the supernatural and who teams up with Constantine after being marked for death by a demon

Lost alum Harold Perrineau will play Manny, an authoritative angel who’s sent to look after Constantine, and who has the power to step into other people’s bodies.

That bolded bits the first thing that's set off any alarm bells for me over this project.

A little more detail here, including a spoiler for True Detective so tread careful if you haven't see the show.

• Upvote 1

Well, if JC at some point gives that angel the big fat finger, I can live with it.

• Upvote 1

1: Nick Necro

2: John Constantine

3: John Constantine, described by American fans who don't swear much

4: Sean Murphy (although if he dons it in a parody of Batman suiting up ...)

5: Clarence & Constantine

6: Constantinian

7: John Constantine (and indeed the first indication that JC *might* be a smoker because if you can include coke this way, why not?)

8: Oh, I know, we have this great character as a foil to Constantine, LET'S FUCK IT UP!!!

9: Books of Magic

10: Doctor Who's Next Assistant

Overall that's 7/10 for me.

Doesn't sound too awful, except for the Chaz part.

• Upvote 1

That article must have been written by someone who doesn't have English as their first language.

• Upvote 2