slinker

NBC "improves" Constantine

NBC's official description:

Based on the wildly popular comic book series "Hellblazer" from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine (Matt Ryan, "Criminal Minds") specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight – or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv (Lucy Griffiths, "True Blood"), the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight" – an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences – is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. Now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.

I'm blown away that the TV show will be based on Hellblazer, not Constantine. I mean, that's awesome and doesn't make sense because you'd think they'd tie it to their currently running title, not their canceled title. So, my mind is blown happily.

• Upvote 1

I'm blown away that the TV show will be based on Hellblazer, not Constantine. I mean, that's awesome and doesn't make sense because you'd think they'd tie it to their currently running title, not their canceled title. So, my mind is blown happily.

It'll be a cold day in hell before they stoop to that. As much as I have my current grievances with Goyer, he seems more respectul of our John than he'll ever be of a certain blue boy scout

• Upvote 1

NBC's official description:Based on the wildly popular comic book series "Hellblazer" from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine (Matt Ryan, "Criminal Minds") specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight – or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv (Lucy Griffiths, "True Blood"), the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight" – an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences – is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. Now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.

Wait a second! I've seen this show before....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(TV_series)

It was an awesome show. Hopefully, this time we'll get closer to those 113 escaped spirits than last time....

"113? 13? Well, close enough!"

We'll probably start seeing those Helblazer characters showing up in New 52 form pretty soon!

Oh, and by the way, I love how that one TV reviewer has no idea the difference between the science fiction and horror genre. "They need sci-fi shows...So, it looks good for Constantine!". Yes, because Constantine is just filled with science fiction tropes....

NBC's official description:Based on the wildly popular comic book series "Hellblazer" from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine (Matt Ryan, "Criminal Minds") specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight – or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv (Lucy Griffiths, "True Blood"), the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight" – an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences – is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. Now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.

Wait a second! I've seen this show before....

http://en.wikipedia....tone_(TV_series)

It was an awesome show. Hopefully, this time we'll get closer to those 113 escaped spirits than last time....

"113? 13? Well, close enough!"

We'll probably start seeing those Helblazer characters showing up in New 52 form pretty soon!

Oh, and by the way, I love how that one TV reviewer has no idea the difference between the science fiction and horror genre. "They need sci-fi shows...So, it looks good for Constantine!". Yes, because Constantine is just filled with science fiction tropes....

That one reviewer's a true poser

1) Reaper was ace.

2) Awful brand synergy here, DC.

3) Does this mean we might get some more actual Hellblazer comics now ?!

Or continue it via Digital comic with China Mieville writing. DC owes us big after that shitstain that was Milligan's run and the New 52 garbage

The thing I wonder about, though, is that the name of the TV show is Constantine. There's only one John Constantine comic out right now, and it's called Constantine. It seems like any new fans made by the TV show would go to the comic store wanting to check out a comic book called Constantine, not Hellblazer.

I can understand why they might not want to use the title "Hellblazer" for a TV show. One, it sounds like Hellraiser, and could confuse a mainstream audience. Two, the word Hell in the title may put off certain demographics and could lead to complaints.