A. Heathen

Matt Ryan IS Johnny Constantine

never heard of the guy. it would be just our luck that they went out and found all the physical attributes they messed up on in the muvee, only to find someone who never really gets how to play the character. so I guess I'm asking, not just if he's a good actor, but is he an intuitive one? smart one? is he usually believable? enlighten me and enlightened be.

I don't know much. He was in an episode of Criminal Minds that I have not seen.

And he plays someone a computer game.

And he does not have blond hair (and seriously who really cares? How many comics adaptations have people with blue hair? Hmm?)

Bg3_OrpCEAA3MMb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've seen him in anything either, but looking at pictures, he seems a reasonably good physical fit for the part. I remain cautiously optimistic about this show.

• Upvote 1

Seems he's the main character from Assassin's Creed IV, a role that was pretty well-received. I got that game free with a graphics card a few weeks ago, so I guess this gives me an excuse to try it.

Matt Ryan is a graduated of the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company so he can definitely act.

The Hollywood Reporter listed this description.

John is described as a working-class Londoner with deadpan humor who is a mysterious conman and occult detective
 haunted by the recent loss of a young girl's soul. No stranger to the dark underworld that exists parallel to our own, Constantine has been studying the dark arts since he was a teenager. He's taught himself spells, rituals, curses and conjuring, but the one person he most wishes to see -- his mother, who died giving birth to him -- remains out of reach, at least so far. When Liv, the daughter of a late friend, is targeted by demons, Constantine steps in to save her and the two form an alliance.

It would be pretty cool if the young girl who lost her soul is Astra Logue

Not to come across all stalker but he's on twitter now and I'm pretty sure that's a quote from All His Engines in there.

BpTkMWoCIAAIPJ5.jpg

Guess that Constantine smirk just comes natural to the boy.

• Upvote 1

There were 300 issues of Hellblazer? I thought there were only about 250.

Maybe he was refering to the lost China Mieville run they didn't publish

• Upvote 1

OMG NO WHAT IF THEY BASE CONSTANTINE ON ONE OF THOSE 50 MYTHICAL ISSUES THAT PEOPLE KEEP MENTIONING BUT NO-ONE HERE KNOWS ABOUT ???

• Upvote 1

I heard John Constantine got married to a 12 year old girl in that run...So, they won't do that on TV. Don't worry!

• Upvote 1

i might cry.

tumblr_n6o7p4LocB1tbf8g8o1_500.jpg

If you haven't read a certain comic, but you want to bluff your way through it, saying that you liked the artwork is the customary tactic.

Of course, if you did read it, and you liked the artwork, saying that you liked the artwork is also the customary tactic. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Guest Nick Neko

Wait until he reveals his favourite run.

"That Milligan guy was doing the best work. I don't know why they had to end the book when it was finally getting good." said Ryan.

Wait until he reveals his favourite run.

"That Milligan guy was doing the best work. I don't know why they had to end the book when it was finally getting good." said Ryan.

You wish....

Mictlantecuhtli: You forget yourself. I am Mictlantecuhtli. I am a god.

John: Great stuff. I'm John --- and I'm a bastard.

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

• Upvote 3

i might cry.

If you haven't read a certain comic, but you want to bluff your way through it, saying that you liked the artwork is the customary tactic.

Of course, if you did read it, and you liked the artwork, saying that you liked the artwork is also the customary tactic. :smile:

spoilsport!

I love that he has a friend who seems like a big Hellblazer fan, who acts as a sort of spiritual guide. Fantastic!

Matt Ryan gets it!

• Upvote 1