metanoia    69

Apart from Buffy it's one of the only shows that seems to pull off a 'monster of the week' without it getting stale, obviously helped along by the fact the main story arc is strong and never sidelined.

A. Heathen    1,171

I'd say it's more in common with Dexter and Six Feet Under in that it's "death of the week".

But like those, iZombie knows when to shift the template a bit.

JohnMcMahon    595

Second season's been a bit up and down for me, even the weaker episodes have had some funny bits though. The on again/off again nature of Liv/Major's relationship and the human-zombie-human... dance that half-the-cast have gone through had worn pretty thin ten episodes in, after eighteen I'm about ready for some sort of solid status quo to be established for next season.

Also I would watch a Zombie High spin-off.

JohnMcMahon    595

Six episodes in, so far so good though

hopefully we're not about to jump right back on the zombie merry go round where it becomes difficult to keep track of who and who isn't still a member of the walking dead

I do like the direction they're taking with the new group introduced at the end of last season, not what I was expecting.

Also, Dominatrix Liv, uh-hu.

A. Heathen    1,171

I am most impressed with the 4th series spin (avoiding spoilers) on the world our heroes inhabit.
But especially where Blaine's dad ends up.

JohnMcMahon    595

That season three finale felt like it was a coda or two away from wrapping up the whole series! 

Pacing felt kind of off, it was presumably a deliberate choice to have things meander along till the last couple of episodes but it felt kind of rushed to me.  Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy it, cause I did!