Christian

Constantine - At last, an issue worth reading.

#17-Bugger me. There are a few things to like, and a lot of things to hate about this issue.

First, if John gets sent back in time to a battlefield in World War I...would he really spend all his time thinking about a plan taking place involving the Cold Flame in the present day? That's shoddy writing of the worst kind.

Next, why bother to feature World War I at all? It featured very little in the story.

Finally, worst of all, it was all set-up for the next company cross-over event!

Things to like:

I enjoyed seeing Dr. Occult. I like the character, and he wasn't really given the New 52 make-over, based on what we saw.

The scene where John describes how he sees the inner workings of the universe were a nice character moment for John Constantine. Sad that we get about three character moments from John in the entire run of this series.

Otherwise, John's characterization wasn't very good.

In the end, the issue just doesn't work very well as a story.

Long story short, more of the same and more to come post October as the Hellblazer trades get a sales increase while this title decreases some more

so can we say you can take a page from hellblazer (not any page duh) and it would be deeper than the entire nu52run?

it is shocking how sixteenthousand people still read that crap.

• Upvote 2

I thumbed thru based on an excellent cover. Saw a magic duel and put it back on the shelf.

I wish the TV producers would snap up these cover artists; they're doing amazing work and I wish it was being harnessed for good

Accidentally saw the cover for Constantine #19

tumblr_naixdi1Vmg1tag0azo1_500.jpg

So...... Mucous Membrane anyone?

Johnny Constantine vs Demon Johnny in a Battle of the Bands! At stake: OUR SOULS!

• Upvote 1

Johnny Constantine vs Demon Johnny in a Battle of the Bands! At stake: OUR SOULS!

Why do your teasing, taunting ideas have to be better than what we'regetting in the actual comic?

• Upvote 1

Why do your teasing, taunting ideas have to be better than what we'regetting in the actual comic?

Hey, I'm available for a fairly cheap rate. Of course, I'd use that pay from DC to buy Marvel and Image books :laugh:

Hey, I'm available for a fairly cheap rate. Of course, I'd use that pay from DC to buy Marvel and Image books :laugh:

why not buy dc? you could get the opportunity to fire the didiot and you know, do something good with it.

with bated breath.

tumblr_nape014EdG1tbf8g8o1_1280.jpg

Chris don't speak for me. I never want to see that Blue Haired Mary Sue again and I want Chas spared from the New 52 fowlness

• Upvote 1