Sign in to follow this  
Demon Chas08

Josh Trank's Not-So-Fantastic Four

Yeah...looking to be Fox's Catwoman/Jonah Hex.

Cast:

Jamie Bell - Ben Grimm/The Thing

Miles Teller - Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

Kate Mara - Sue Storm/Invisible Woman

Michael B. Jordan - Johnny Storm/Human Torch

Reg E. Cathey - Franklin Storm

Toby Kebbel - Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom

Tim Blake Nelson - The Mole Man

Yeah...looking to be Fox's Catwoman/Jonah Hex.

Terrible movies I agree, but you're assuming Fantastic Four will be just as bad based on what? The cast list? There's rather very little know, at this point, to make that sort of judgement.

BTW I know little to nothing of the cast. Are they unknowns? That could be helpful...maybe...

Yeah....I doubt it could really be much worse than the first two Fantastic Four films (especially that second one!). They have to get it somewhat right eventually, right?

I mean, look at casting...Sue Storm in the first two...really? Worse than that? Although, I think I came across the actress playing Sue on Wikipedia just a short time ago, it mentioned she was slated to play Sue, but she's a red-head, if I remember correctly. OK, I know they can do some amazing things with hair dyes these days....heh

At least this one has the Mole Man, so they might be following closer to the comic book this time.

And, in Fantastic Four #1, they visited Monster Island...The new Godzilla film is scheduled next month. Could we see a cross-over coming? OK, not really.

• Upvote 1

this guy is the thing?

Jamie-Bell-Esquire-Korea-Eric-Guillemain-04.jpg

oh yeah, he's perfect! this movie is gonna suck so bad!

Maybe he has a rough, gravelly voice? It says he was born in 1986. This can't be right....

Michael B. Jordan (actor playing the Human Torch) is African-American....He's also just a year younger than Jamie Bell.

As is Reed Richards...born 1987 also.

Susan is a virtual grandma by these standards, being born in 1983. Ha!

I don't think Reed is old enough to have a child yet...

Well, you must give them credit for putting together an...eclectic....FF cast.

I hope an on-going joke the entire movie isn't, "You two are brother and sister?!" in reference to Johnny and Sue....

OK, I take back what I said before. This is looking really horrible.

I'd assume it's more based on Ultimate Fantastic Four (a comic that's been dead for about seven years now...), where the team were youngsters. Except for Sue having a child....out of wedlock?

Fantastic Four:The Modern Family!

• Upvote 2

Maybe he has a rough, gravelly voice? It says he was born in 1986. This can't be right....

Michael B. Jordan (actor playing the Human Torch) is African-American....He's also just a year younger than Jamie Bell.

Those damn FF punk kids. Get off my lawn!!! Go fight your Mole Man somewhere else or I'll call your parents.

The actors are probably fine, but I like my FF to be a bit more seasoned, somewhat close to my parents ages. Maybe.

Well, you must give them credit for putting together an...eclectic....FF cast.

I hope an on-going joke the entire movie isn't, "You two are brother and sister?!" in reference to Johnny and Sue....

OK, I take back what I said before. This is looking really horrible.

I'd assume it's more based on Ultimate Fantastic Four (a comic that's been dead for about seven years now...), where the team were youngsters. Except for Sue having a child....out of wedlock?

Fantastic Four:The Modern Family!

And later resurrected as Ultimate Fantastic Four and with a new line-up:

Ultimate_FF_1_Cover-600x919.jpg

So this IS a Chronicle remake after all. They've adopted the Bryan Singer method of forbidding the actors from reading the source material (both 616 and Ultimate)

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/15/fantastic-four-reboot-won-t-be-based-on-any-history-of-anything-/

O'Mara: I've never been a fan of comics, I've never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions. The one fact is I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this.[/Quote]

Fuck this shit I hope it never comes out

http://collider.com/doctor-doom-new-origin-fantastic-four-movie/

KEBBELL: He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

I'm reserving my judgment, because I liked Chronicle well enough, plus it seems it might be a bit more of an authorial picture, which is what I was looking forward to from Ant-Man, before Edgar Wright's departure. I have a huge soft spot for Ang Lee's Hulk, so I'll be sure to give this a shot.

Yeah, but not especially "superhero movie" cliched, which at least makes it moderately interesting.

I remain deeply sceptical, but not 100% so - it's not a bad teaser, all things considered. It's pretty obviously going to be a pretty loose adaptation of the FF, but the cast is generally strong and Chronicle really was very good indeed, so there's at least a slight chance that it could be a good movie in its own right. We'll see.